SOLD OUT: July 26 $150 DC Express

BigBlueNation

Re: SOLD OUT: July 26 $150 DC Express

Post by BigBlueNation » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:25 am

from the 9 slot

QB....PManning,,SBradford,,KCousins
RB....RRice,,AMorris,,BBrown,,PThomas,,MReece,,LMurray,,RBrown,,ERoyster,,LDunbar
WR....RWayne,,EDecker,,SJohnson,,ABoldin,,ARoberts,,DBess,,SHolmes,,ASanders,,MJenkins,,KOgletree,,DJohnson,,
CVernon
TE....DPitta,,KRudolph,,TEifert,,TMoeaki,,TThompson
D/ST....Sea,,Mia,,Cle
PK....BWalsh,,MBryant,,JBrown

This draft spot was my number one KDS selection for this draft, with the intention of a RB-RB start. I figured I'd get either Rice, McCoy or TRich with my first pick, then hoped Forte would make it to me in RD. 2. With Forte and, my opinion, the top 4 WR's going before my 2.4 pick, I opted for AMorris, but seriously considered JGraham, who went at 2.5. I also went into this draft with the intention of taking one of the big three QB's if they make it to me at 3.4. I had options that included going RB-RB-RB, but stayed with my original plan and nabbed PManning. I needed to get in the WR mode, so my next three picks were RWayne, EDecker, and SJohnson. Filling out my first ten with Pitta, ABoldin, BBrown and KRudolph. I like ABoldin as a WR4/flex.

If I have a glaring weakness, it's RB3, but with BBrown, PThomas, and MReece, there's a chance for some week by week production. I wanted RHelu and EDickson, but they went a little earlier than I expected, so I missed out.

Thoughts??
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:37 am

Just an FYI for you Friday night bowlers, Tom did put next Friday's and next Sunday's NFFC $150 Draft Champions Express Leagues on Registration, so you can secure your spots in either one anytime now. You don't have to post your intentions on the board once Tom starts the new signup thread, but that's still okay if you do it that way. ;) But it's officially on the signup page now, so plan accordingly.

This is the most passionate fantasy bowling league I've ever seen!! :lol: Great job all and a great way to spend a weekend night.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

papa's nine

Post by papa's nine » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:07 pm

thanks for the reply. with ridley at 3 I was targeting a rb then. I thought it was either him or Wilson and I liked ridley a little more. with other drafts I was in quality rb were gone l lot sooner the quality wr.
luck was taken a round or two earlier then I could of but my thinking was wrong that there was going to be a run on qb. I forgot that this draft was with top of the line drafters. and I thought that lucks upside this year the he was going to be the fourth qb.
after the draft, I looked at my team and agreed with all you said with the reason I went my way on the four above.
Again thanks, this should help me on my next few drafts. marty

morons

Post by morons » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:25 pm

From #4

QB...Brees, Vick, Foles
RB...Charles, Ivory, LeShoure, Greene, Gillislee, Taylor
WR..RWhite, ABrown, MiFloyd, Broyles, TYHilton, Heyward-Bey, a bunch of rooks
TE...Gronk, Gates, Cameron, Kelce, Celek, Ertz, Ausberry
K...2 guys
D....Bears and Bolts

I tried to change up things a bit- First 5 picks are guys I haven't drafted previously.

I took Brees 2nd and Gronk 4th so I sacrificed some RB depth there.

Late 2nd round has many possibilities. It's a no-man land. Assuming the top 10 RB and top 5 WR are off the board, you could go TE (Graham), QB (Brees or Rodgers) or take a RB or WR...but the RB in late 2nd like MJD, CJ, SJax, Sproles, McFadden really aren't obvious "must-pick guys" there and could slide back to your 3rd round pick, or you could take someone else comparable 3rd...Same with WR- DThomas, Cobb, Fitz, Andre all were possible.

I don't like the 3 RB to start because then I'm starting off my WR in round 4 with guys like Reggie Wayne or VJax and I'd rather them be my #2 than my lead guy. Plus, I think there are a handful of value RB available round 4 or later so I don't want to take a Flex RB 3rd instead if a good WR. We can all agree who the top 10 RB are, but I think there'd be great variability of who is RB 11-20, and they all have some risk involved. Health, age, coming off bad year, etc. I find it hard to take risky RB from the second tier when solid WR are available. You know what Roddy, VCruz, Andre will get...I have no clue what DeMarco Murray or Darren McFadden will give....I like a lot of RB in my 21-30 range in rounds 5 or 6 better than some of the all-or-nothing WR like Wallace or Torrey Smith who have 4 big games and 12 wimpy ones.

See you next Friday. Will be at Reds game, hope to get a good signal so I can keep the bowling league streak going