July 16th BBDS league

mikeybok

July 16th BBDS league

Post by mikeybok » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:32 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
also route C, you SPECIFICALLY called me out NUMEROUS times during this draft. when i did my calling out last draft, it was not specific to you and it was not numerous. bad form, route C.

if we're in another league together, you'll see my bad form. thanks. Calling out? I assume that means picking on your picks ... like "that was stupid GG". Hmmm ... wow ... Jeff has a mean streak? I don't see it ... he must have been kidding you GG?
Hakuna Matata!

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:42 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
also route C, you SPECIFICALLY called me out NUMEROUS times during this draft. when i did my calling out last draft, it was not specific to you and it was not numerous. bad form, route C.

if we're in another league together, you'll see my bad form. thanks. Calling out? I assume that means picking on your picks ... like "that was stupid GG". Hmmm ... wow ... Jeff has a mean streak? I don't see it ... he must have been kidding you GG?
[/QUOTE]Actually wasn't like that at all UYT. Gekko did actually however call one my round TWELVE :rolleyes: :confused: pick a bust.

I had a real hard time sleeping last night after that! :rolleyes: :D

Greg Ambrosius

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:32 am

Good job guys. Tom and I were both out of town last night, but I was in contact with Geoff during our brief delay (he interrupted a date with my wife!). :D Geoff and MDC did a great job and they were in phone contact with Mark and Jeff before we got going. You guys cruised through that draft and had no problems. Good job again from all 14 owners.

Nice draft results, too. This should be a VERY interesting league. The football fever is heating up and the NFFC Satellite League schedule is ready to pick up. Good luck to everyone in this league.

Give this league a little time to be loaded if you don't mind. Tom and I are both out of the office for a bit this week, but we'll get the results to STATS soon enough. Thanks everyone.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

GOD Loves You

July 16th BBDS league

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:53 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
Might as well throw mine out there for ridiculing.

Ben Roethlisberger
David Carr

Clinton Portis
DeAngelo Williams
Dominic Rhodes
Chris Perry
Jerious Norwood

Chris Chambers
Hines Ward
Andre Johnson
Mark Clayton
Sinorice Moss
Travis Wilson

Ben Watson
Alex Smith

Akers

Falcons
Bengals
overall an above avg team. if d.williams gets meaningful playing time, could be dangerous. the betts decision could hurt you. if portis gets hurt, you're done without betts.
[/QUOTE]So I am guessing you have your team rated as below avg then? :confused:

Your lack of a "true #1 WR" will be your downfall. But, my 3 #1's will put my team over the top. :D
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Ted's Cracked Head

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:16 am

Here is my team. The only one that received an F as a rating. I think the phrase was "Dead Money". Johnny, your team vs mine for a little something?

QB: Plummer, Brad Johnson

RB: James, McGahee, Gore, Arrington, Calhoun, Shaud Williams

WR: Mason, Coles, KJ, Troy Williamson, Battle, Josh Reed

TE: Heap and Hilton (same bye week but I think he could be valuable in the Aints offense this year and will deal with that before week 7)

K: Stover

D: Philly

My QBs are OK. I like Johnson more than most folks and think he could end up in the top 15.

My RB duo is as good as any in this thing but not as good as Eddies. He will be starting 3 every week.

None of my WRs jump off the page at you but I think they will be steady. I took a couple of chances but I like the potential these kids have with another year under their belts.

TE: I took Heap in the 4th and did so at the expense of my #2 WR. I did not intend to do this but at the time it looked like the best way to go. I do think that Hilton could be big this year in the Big Easy. I will deal with the bye week issue in week 6.

K and D: Who cares?

Best QB's: Billy Wasosky

Best RBs: Eddie

Best WRs: Biggs (better be the best because of the lack of a #1 RB)

[ July 17, 2006, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Ted's Cracked Head ]
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:23 am

I certainoly wouldn't grade your team an "F" Rob.

I think what people see is;

1) E.James seems to be slipping and people are down on him and McGahee burned A LOT of people last year.

2) Grabbing Mason and Heap of of a team who deson't pass all that much could hurt a lot.

3) Your QB's aren't spectacular, and although Plummer will frustrate you (35 points one week, 10 points the next) he should do OK.

I don't think this is a bad team at all Rob. I wouldn't be willing to say it will be a top team though.

Personally, if Rich Dunn's team stays healthy, he has MEGA potential! However, grabbing the #1 cost him A LOT of his free agent $$, so if he isn't healthy, he could be screwed.

WAY TOO MUCH TIME before the start of the season and so much will change.

mikeybok

July 16th BBDS league

Post by mikeybok » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:32 am

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
Here is my team. The only one that received an F as a rating. My first thought here is ... Would the guy who rated this team with an F ... please get in the BBDS DraftChampions league. I need guys like you in my leagues.

I don't know when you drafted the insurance TE ... but you will be able to pick up someone for week 7 (I agree with that logic depending on where you grabbed Hilton).
Hakuna Matata!

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:43 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
Your lack of a "true #1 WR" will be your downfall. But, my 3 #1's will put my team over the top. :D na, for spending top picks on your WR's, you came away with less than what i thought you'd get.

i have my team as a contender. the next month and a half will help make the picture clearer for every team
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:47 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
2) Grabbing Mason and Heap of of a team who deson't pass all that much could hurt a lot.
FYI - billy...baltimore had the 9th MOST pass attempts last year with two scumbags as QB. your uninformed info coupled with your draft results last night have me worried for you. you still have time to right the ship. hurry though
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?