Danario Alexander suffers tear of right ACL

Henry Muto

Danario Alexander suffers tear of right ACL

Post by Henry Muto » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Danario Alexander has been diagnosed with a torn right ACL, and is done for the season.
Brutal. The news is especially devastating for the brittle fourth-year pro because it's Alexander's left knee that had previously given him so much trouble. DX has undergone five left-knee operations since his sophomore year of college. Now with major injuries to both knees, it's fair to wonder if the gifted 6-foot-5 wideout will play again. Alexander was one of the major developments of the 2012 fantasy season, erupting for 34 catches, 597 yards and seven touchdowns over his final eight games. His injury locks in Malcom Floyd and Vincent Brown as projected starters, although Brown needs to stay off the shelf. Eddie Royal is San Diego's top slot receiver. Rookie Keenan Allen has had a quiet camp. It's going to be another long year for Philip Rivers. Source: Chargers on Twitter
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

mattjb

Re: Danario Alexander suffers tear of right ACL

Post by mattjb » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:31 pm

This is getting ridiculous.

dabird777

Post by dabird777 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:36 pm

I'm starting to think we're in the wrong business. We should be bookies taking bets to see who goes down next. I had DX in one league (thankfully, I've got plenty of depth at WR in that one) and Jordy in another.

Nice to see the Football Gods aren't playing favorites. They're shitting on teams on both coasts (San Diego and Philly), as well as everywhere in between (Baltimore, Green Bay)

Aren't we all glad the preseason is so long. Maybe they should start training camp on the 4th of July, huh :roll:

Erok

Post by Erok » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:17 pm

ARRELIOUS BENN TORE HIS ACL TODAY TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is what I do not understand about this so far this year...

1. The NFL cut back on padded practices and hitting, yet these guys are still getting injured in non contact/ team practices.

2. THE PRESEASON GAMES HAVE NOT EVEN STARTED YET AND GUYS ARE BEING LOST FOR THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:29 pm

Denario Alexander went 6.10 (70th overall) in today's SiriusXM Hosts League today. His ADP in the NFFC Online Championship leagues was 73. Another big blow to the WR position.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:44 am

I'm now running 60% hit rate on my 5 DCs so far: in 3 of them, I've lost Percy, Maclin and now Alexander. :cry:

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:09 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Denario Alexander went 6.10 (70th overall) in today's SiriusXM Hosts League today. His ADP in the NFFC Online Championship leagues was 73. Another big blow to the WR position.
To me, the most distressing thing about this is now a terrible draft pick is out of the draft pool. Some schlep would have drafted Danario thinking how great a pick it was based on about 8 healthy games from Danario last year. He was an utter AVOID pick this year, but now that gives someone a chance to make a good pick rather than a terrible one.

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:27 am

bald is beautiful wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:Denario Alexander went 6.10 (70th overall) in today's SiriusXM Hosts League today. His ADP in the NFFC Online Championship leagues was 73. Another big blow to the WR position.
To me, the most distressing thing about this is now a terrible draft pick is out of the draft pool. Some schlep would have drafted Danario thinking how great a pick it was based on about 8 healthy games from Danario last year. He was an utter AVOID pick this year, but now that gives someone a chance to make a good pick rather than a terrible one.
Agreed 100%, that's how I feel about a couple of the guys who have gone down. I can't complain though as I probably would have had Pitta on half my teams had I done all my drafts prior to a week ago.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:41 am

chriseibl wrote:
bald is beautiful wrote:
Agreed 100%, that's how I feel about a couple of the guys who have gone down. I can't complain though as I probably would have had Pitta on half my teams had I done all my drafts prior to a week ago.
I had Alexander as my WR4. I think he was a swing for the fences pick there and not an AVOID pick at all.

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:16 pm

bald is beautiful wrote:
This is what I was thinking. Wouldn't touch him with a 10' pole but was loving how early he was going. Feel bad for the young man but he wasn't going to be on any of my teams. He's played in 8,10 &10 games in the last 3 years unfortunately it was only a matter of time for him to be hurt.
Pat Sorge