July 16th BBDS league

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:59 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
2) Grabbing Mason and Heap of of a team who deson't pass all that much could hurt a lot.
FYI - billy...baltimore had the 9th MOST pass attempts last year with two scumbags as QB. your uninformed info coupled with your draft results last night have me worried for you. you still have time to right the ship. hurry though
[/QUOTE]I'll be fine Gekko, but like yourself, last night was not my best draft.

As far as Baltimore, that may be true, but that is because the defense sucked last year, and they were letting Boller throw virtually EVERY down just to see what he could do.

With a much better and healthier D, look for them to throw A LOT less this year, as Jamal and Mike A will be pretty busy IMO.

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:04 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I'll be fine Gekko, but like yourself, last night was not my best draft.i disagree. i had a very good draft. you pegged yours though.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:05 am

quote:Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
Your lack of a "true #1 WR" will be your downfall. But, my 3 #1's will put my team over the top. :D na, for spending top picks on your WR's, you came away with less than what i thought you'd get.

i have my team as a contender.
[/QUOTE]WHOA!! :eek:

I can almost guarantee that ALL 3 of your top 3 will be spending time on the IR this year. 2 aren't used to the pounding, and the other is nicked up quite a bit.

Add to it that you didn't get ANY of their backups (isn't that a big "no-no" in your book), and your mediocre WR's, Te (actually I like him), and QB are going to have to carry you.

Not a contender Gekko.

[ July 17, 2006, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:09 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
WHOA!! :eek:

I can almost guarantee that ALL 3 of your top 3 will be spending time on the IR this year. 2 aren't used to the pounding, and the other is nicked up quite a bit.

Add to it that you didn't get their backups, and your mediocre WR's, Te (actually I like him), and QB are going to have to carry you.
i'd stop taking whatever drugs you are on. maybe you need to do more research, mocks, etc...

i'm starting to get a suspicion that your last year's finish is more reflective of your ownership skills.

RiFF

July 16th BBDS league

Post by RiFF » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:20 am

quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
2) Grabbing Mason and Heap of of a team who deson't pass all that much could hurt a lot.
FYI - billy...baltimore had the 9th MOST pass attempts last year with two scumbags as QB. your uninformed info coupled with your draft results last night have me worried for you. you still have time to right the ship. hurry though
[/QUOTE]Don't know, but I suspect Billy was aware that Baltimore threw a lot LAST YEAR. But why; could it be because their defense had a lot of injuries and were giving up more points causing them to play from behind; could it be that opposing teams were stacking the box and forcing Baltimore's inept QB's to pass; could it be that Jamal Lewis wasn't very effective due to injuries and off seasoning conditioning. (rhetorical questions GG)

Will they pass less THIS YEAR because with a healthy defense they will be protecting leads more often; this year they have a NFL quality QB, negating teams effectiveness at stacking the box; and a healthy Jamal Lewis and Mike Andersen will be MUCH more effective in the running attack than an unhealthy Lewis and C Taylor.

So, just maybe Baltimore won't be passing nearly as much THIS YEAR as last; so I'm not sure if saying they had the 9th most pass attempts LAST YEAR is highly relevant. Somebody better get up to speed on current events before Sept. :eek: :eek:

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:30 am

Mr riff – billy wasn’t aware of the ACTUAL data. Plain and simple. Birds of a feather my riff. Birds of a feather.

To answer your question, I believe they will be passing less this year. Maybe finish around 15-16 overall in pass attempts. BUT, I think the “quality” of the passes will improve. Thanks.

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:43 am

Mr riff – billy wasn’t aware of the ACTUAL data. Plain and simple. Birds of a feather my riff. Birds of a feather.

To answer your question, I believe they will be passing less this year. Maybe finish around 15-16 overall in pass attempts. BUT, I think the “quality” of the passes will improve. Thanks. Was I aware of 9th...no. Was I aware of a lot of passing due to what Riff said.....absolutely!

My last year's MAIN team was awful (much like yours). The difference is I know what I did wrong, and was successful elsewhere (auction, BillyWaz Memorial, Fantasy Jungle, CDM, etc.). Can you say the same???

You still were contending that Barlow could have been a top 15 RB after the season!! :eek:

What truly is amazing that someone like you would put so much stock into what someone says (i.e. football guys).

Honestly Gekko, I think you are better than that! :D

[ July 17, 2006, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

RiFF

July 16th BBDS league

Post by RiFF » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:44 am

Maybe finish around 15-16 overall in pass attempts. Aaahhhhh an optimistic Opie. Could this be the hopeful thought processes of someone who has a vested interest in the Baltimore passing attack. A bit more analyzing with the head and less with the heart may be in order. "15-16 overall"....better lower those expectations a tad!!

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:09 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
Aaahhhhh an optimistic Opie. Could this be the hopeful thought processes of someone who has a vested interest in the Baltimore passing attack. A bit more analyzing with the head and less with the heart may be in order. "15-16 overall"....better lower those expectations a tad!! thanks riff. if someone told you last july that balt would finish #9 last year, you'd say the same thing. keep hate'n mr riff.

you and waz...birds of a feather.