July 16th BBDS league

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:11 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Was I aware of 9th...no. Was I aware of a lot of passing due to what Riff said.....absolutely!sure you were. sure you were.

The difference is I know what I did wrong not based on your early returns. you even admitted you had a bad draft last night. what does that say about you? :mad:
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:19 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Was I aware of 9th...no. Was I aware of a lot of passing due to what Riff said.....absolutely!sure you were. sure you were.

The difference is I know what I did wrong not based on your early returns. you even admitted you had a bad draft last night. what does that say about you? :mad:
[/QUOTE]NO, I said I didn't have my best draft.

If your going to quote me, please get it right, thanks! :D

If I could go back, I would change one thing specifically, which MAY give me a better squad.
Also, a few picks went RIGHT before me, which puts a damper on things a bit.

It is July, and the lights don't come on until September. Now is the time to experiment, etc. and like you, that is what I did last night also.

[ July 17, 2006, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:20 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BillyWaz:
[qb] Was I aware of 9th...no. Was I aware of a lot of passing due to what Riff said.....absolutely!sure you were. sure you were.

I said it in the post BEFORE him. :rolleyes:

Ted's Cracked Head

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:30 am

I did not seek out to draft both Mason and Heap it just happened. When I took Mason, I thought he was the best WR out there and almost took Burress but thought he might get back to me. When Plaxico went just ahead of me in the 4th, I thought that since I considered my two RBs as solid (James/McGahee) and a decent #1 WR on board in Mason, I thought Heap was the next best available player and possibly the #1 TE this year. I do think the Ravens offense as a whole will be more effective and believe that McNair to Mason/Heap should be good for 8-10/130-150/1-2 each game (on avg).

Gordon: you stole my RB and I thought I was smooth bidding for pick 9. Dangit.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

GOD Loves You

July 16th BBDS league

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:01 am

CRACKED HEAD, do you really think your RB trio is better than the LJ, KJ, & JJ trio??

If Dunn had done a better job with his WR's, ie: upside, his team would be way better than all of ours. His old guys at WR will be consistent, but not enough "pop" to lead his team.

I must say I love everyone's different perceptions regarding players each season. A few of the teams considered contenders, by others, makes me wonder if we should start drug testing for the NFFC. :D

BTW, UYT, I believe RI was the one who gave the F rating. I probably wouldn't have been as harsh, but I don't see this team contending either. Actually, I know we all think we know everything, :rolleyes: , but I only see 4-6 teams assembled well, considering this is only July.

Can't wait to see what happens in these early leagues.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

RiFF

July 16th BBDS league

Post by RiFF » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:10 am

quote:Originally posted by RiFF:
Aaahhhhh an optimistic Opie. Could this be the hopeful thought processes of someone who has a vested interest in the Baltimore passing attack. A bit more analyzing with the head and less with the heart may be in order. "15-16 overall"....better lower those expectations a tad!! thanks riff. if someone told you last july that balt would finish #9 last year, you'd say the same thing. keep hate'n mr riff.

you and waz...birds of a feather.
[/QUOTE]We can agree to disagree whether the Baltimore passing attack will be rated in the low 20's or mid teens by year's end; but I suspect we can agree that it will be better than the real "crap" passing attacks including Cleve., S.F., Tenn. and Buff. And, to address your observation, initially I probably wouldn't have suspected that they would pass quite as much last year as they did. BUT had I known all the injuries they were going to have Defensively, I suspect I would have anticipated their need to pass more often. And although they did pass more than anticipated the effectiveness of that increase really wasn't reflected in the overall QB results. Although some of their receivers enjoyed additional receptions.
But, barring injury, I do believe Heap will have a very good year, this year.

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:13 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:

If Dunn had done a better job with his WR's, ie: upside, his team would be way better than all of ours. His old guys at WR will be consistent, but not enough "pop" to lead his team.
Honestly though with the way the WR's were flying off the board, I really don''t know how much better he could have done.

I mean there were guys who normally go into the late 6th round getting plucked in the 5th.

RiFF

July 16th BBDS league

Post by RiFF » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:24 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:

GLY, your observation is 100% correct, when I drafted those starting WR's I was drafting for consistency. I don't believe I have a lot of upside with this bunch of WR's, but barring injuries, I do not believe I have much downside either. And with the structure of the rest of my team, consistency is what I was looking for from that position. My "pop" is in the RB's. Time will tell if that draft strategy was too conservative.
Although, if Lelie gets traded to the right team, he could surprise. But, certainly not counting on that happening.