July 16th BBDS league

TamuScarecrow

July 16th BBDS league

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:32 am

I'm feeling a whole lot of love on this thread. :rolleyes: I love people in July trying to make predictions. Because of the coaching carousel this year this may turn out to be one of the most unpredictable
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:35 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
I'm feeling a whole lot of love on this thread. :rolleyes: rick - you're bound to get that after folks realize their shot at winning this league is already gone.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:36 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
I'm feeling a whole lot of love on this thread. :rolleyes: I love people in July trying to make predictions. Because of the coaching carousel this year this may turn out to be one of the most unpredictable Your right, as everybody is an expert before the season Rick!

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:39 am

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
Gordon: you stole my RB and I thought I was smooth bidding for pick 9. Dangit. sorry rob. i was left with no other choice :D

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:43 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
It is July, and the lights don't come on until September. Now is the time to experiment, etc. that is what I did last night. i hope this isn't excuse #1

RiFF

July 16th BBDS league

Post by RiFF » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:45 am

quote:Originally posted by GOD Loves You:

If Dunn had done a better job with his WR's, ie: upside, his team would be way better than all of ours. His old guys at WR will be consistent, but not enough "pop" to lead his team.
Honestly though with the way the WR's were flying off the board, I really don''t know how much better he could have done.

I mean there were guys who normally go into the late 6th round getting plucked in the 5th.
[/QUOTE]Probably could have "reached" for guys like KRob, Burleson, Wilford, White but didn't feel any were worth the risk. For what was left when I drafted I felt more comfortable with the "safe" pick. And, of course, I could have passed on Palmer and gone with someone like an Evans or R Brown, but again I liked Palmer's potential much more than, what I considered a real flyer with those two. Of course taking Palmer, and the risk of him missing time early on, required taking another solid starting QB earlier than I may normally have. It will all be a lot better defined in Sept.!!!

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:50 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
Gordon Gekko

It is July, and the lights don't come on until September. Now is the time to experiment, etc. that is what I did last night.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope this isn't excuse #1

...touche' and very perceptive of you here Gigi (or has this been rather obvious for awhile to all the MB comrades here?)...hehehe...peace and harmony...SNAKE Snake,

You of all people shouldn't be talking about making excuses with that horrific "Junkies Dilemna" team you drafted in 2004.

I think you used EVERY excuse imaginable with that team. ;)

TamuScarecrow

July 16th BBDS league

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:51 am

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is July, and the lights don't come on until September. Now is the time to experiment, etc. that is what I did last night.

i hope this isn't excuse #1This is what I was afraid of. Remember GG how your mom told you when you were little if you associate with naughty boys you become one. I'm worried 10,000 pages of SNAKE reverb have begun to rub off on poor William. Nothing a couple of NY-paid Lou Malnati pizzas and Big Mike threatening to eat them all before Billy gets a slice if he ever argues again with SNAKE won't cure. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:53 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
It is July, and the lights don't come on until September. Now is the time to experiment, etc. that is what I did last night. i hope this isn't excuse #1 [/QUOTE]Not at all Gekko, as unlike some others, I take accountability for my team that I drafted whether good or bad, and I don't blame my excuses on having a partner, getting bad info, etc.

If Dayne pans out, I should be in the hunt, but I realize that is a BIG if. Otherwise, my team unfortunately is is probably in the middle of the pack.

Live and learn :D

[ July 17, 2006, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]