July 16th BBDS league

RiFF

July 16th BBDS league

Post by RiFF » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:00 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
I'm feeling a whole lot of love on this thread. :rolleyes: rick - you're bound to get that after folks realize their shot at winning this league is already gone. [/QUOTE]Hhhmmmm....is this why you seem exceedingly civil today, GG??? :eek: :eek:

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:04 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...peace and harmony Wazass...SNAKE Absolutely Snake, so mind your little "jabs", and all will be fine. ;)

mikeybok

July 16th BBDS league

Post by mikeybok » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:10 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:

BTW, UYT, I believe RI was the one who gave the F rating. I probably wouldn't have been as harsh, but I don't see this team contending either. Actually, I know we all think we know everything, :rolleyes: , but I only see 4-6 teams assembled well, considering this is only July.

Can't wait to see what happens in these early leagues. :D Johnny is a guy who see's in Black and White (no shades of gray) ... he probably only gives out A's and F's. :cool:

If we all thought the same ... this game would be no fun. Did you ever notice that after every draft ... you look at the teams and always see 4 to 6 clear contenders ... 4 - 6 bad teams ... and 4 - 6 middle teams. And funny thing is ... we all think it's a different 6 in each catagory. :D

Too much fun!
Hakuna Matata!

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:21 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by GOD Loves You:

BTW, UYT, I believe RI was the one who gave the F rating. I probably wouldn't have been as harsh, but I don't see this team contending either. Actually, I know we all think we know everything, :rolleyes: , but I only see 4-6 teams assembled well, considering this is only July.

Can't wait to see what happens in these early leagues. :D Johnny is a guy who see's in Black and White (no shades of gray) ... he probably only gives out A's and F's. :cool:

If we all thought the same ... this game would be no fun. Did you ever notice that after every draft ... you look at the teams and always see 4 to 6 clear contenders ... 4 - 6 bad teams ... and 4 - 6 middle teams. And funny thing is ... we all think it's a different 6 in each catagory. :D

Too much fun!
[/QUOTE]It is also funny how a guy we were totally neutral about before the draft SUDDENLY has all this upside once he finds a way onto our teams! :rolleyes:

Imagine if you would have drafted this team last year in the main from say the 12-14 spot;

1st- RB Tiki Barber
2nd- RB Lamont Jordan
3rd- WR Steve Smith
4th- QB Carson Palmer
5th- WR Santana Moss
6th- WR Joey Galloway
7th- TE Chris Cooley

and who cares about the rest!

Some people would have said this team would SUCK, and that they reached for certain players.

This team would have ran away with a league title! :rolleyes:

Again, EVERYBODY is an expert before September! ;)

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:22 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
Hhhmmmm....is this why you seem exceedingly civil today, GG??? :eek: :eek: too bad you wasted your FAAB and didn't do much with the #1 pick. your team name should be "what coulda been :( "
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:27 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...touche' and very perceptive of you here Gigi (or has this been rather obvious for awhile to all the MB comrades here?)...hehehe...peace and harmony...SNAKE billy's draft grades out as follows:
QB A-
RB D (dog chit...basically)
WR C-
TE C
D/K C+
Team Depth = F
Overall = bottom tier team

[ July 17, 2006, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

RiFF

July 16th BBDS league

Post by RiFF » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:29 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by RiFF:
Hhhmmmm....is this why you seem exceedingly civil today, GG??? :eek: :eek: too bad you wasted your FAAB and didn't do much with the #1 pick. your team name should be "what coulda been :( " [/QUOTE]LOL....better but still quite civil for you!! ;)

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:31 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
LOL....better but still quite civil for you!! ;) are you the team that has only 2 QB's and they both have the same bye week? nice one on that.

and i should listen to you about the Balt passing situation. what's the word i'm thinking of...oh ya...NEXT!

mikeybok

July 16th BBDS league

Post by mikeybok » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:38 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
It is also funny how a guy we were totally neutral about before the draft SUDDENLY has all this upside once he finds a way onto our teams! :rolleyes:
Same concept ... only more clear!

Did you every notice a girl is a little more attractive after she makes eye contact with you. And if she smiles at you ... she moves up about two points on the looks chart. :cool:

Just how it is :D
Hakuna Matata!