Tom & Greg LIVE CHAT Today At 3 pm ET

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Tom & Greg LIVE CHAT Today At 3 pm ET

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:21 pm

76erfan wrote:Who are some players that you just avoid at all costs in drafts, perhaps because of them failing your teams in the past, or maybe you just dont like them but they always seem to go high in drafts?
For me it's not because they burned me in the past, but I just don't trust Darren McFadden and Jonathan Stewart anymore. No way are they landing on my teams. That's really the only two for me, outside of every Viking and Bear!! :lol:
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:23 pm

One of the most surprising things about these NFFC Cutline Championship drafts is how fast they are getting done by our great owners. I mean, last night we did 26 rounds in 1 hour and 50 minutes. Today's 1 pm ET draft finished in under 2 hours. Most of these are getting done in 2 hours or less, or no more than 2 hours and 15 minutes. It's a lot of fun to draft a full team that you now have only 3 FAAB periods to deal with during the season in less than two hours and still have a shot at a $50,000 grand prize. Kudos to all our owners in this contest, but these online drafts have been a pleasure to watch.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:25 pm

When is it appropriate to draft kickers and defenses in your opinion? Do you wait til the very end or do you nab a Seattle or San fran earlier?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:31 pm

76erfan wrote:When is it appropriate to draft kickers and defenses in your opinion? Do you wait til the very end or do you nab a Seattle or San fran earlier?
I typically wait until near the end but it also depends on how my roster is shaping up and who else is available. If I have my foundation in place and there are a lot of guys who I view as similar values on the part I could look to take my defense or kicker since I know I'll get a decent position player later.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Millertime

Post by Millertime » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Do you guys like Tavon Austin this year and how do you expect him to perform?

Money

Post by Money » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi Guys -

What are your KDS preferences and why and what are seeing with the majority of the leagues that have run so far?

Thanks.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:39 pm

76erfan wrote:When is it appropriate to draft kickers and defenses in your opinion? Do you wait til the very end or do you nab a Seattle or San fran earlier?
We both wait on kickers and defense, but if I'm at the turn like 1-2 or 11-12 and I know that the run is going to come in this round I don't mind jumping ahead of the curve and taking a defense. Not the top one, but likely the 3rd or 4th ones rather than waiting until my next turn and getting the 11th or 12th D. Picking on the turns makes you jump the gun just a little because you're 20 or so picks away and you know they're all going before you.

Money

Post by Money » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:40 pm

Money wrote:Hi Guys -

What are your KDS preferences and why and what are seeing with the majority of the leagues that have run so far?

Thanks.
I just rolled back and read, sorry for the duplicate question.
Joe

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Millertime wrote:Do you guys like Tavon Austin this year and how do you expect him to perform?
I like him a lot. I see him as a poor man's Percy Harvin. I expect the Rams to use him in a variety of ways, lining him up all over place to get his hands on the ball in as many ways as possible.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Millertime wrote:Do you guys like Tavon Austin this year and how do you expect him to perform?
What's not to like here? He has home run ability and a first-rate QB throwing to him. He could be very exciting and I think the Rams will be creative enough to get the ball in his hands a lot. His ADP is 69 and he went 67th a couple of times last night. Sixth round is just right for Austin.