Tom & Greg LIVE CHAT Today At 3 pm ET

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Tom & Greg LIVE CHAT Today At 3 pm ET

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:48 pm

Money wrote:
Money wrote:Hi Guys -

What are your KDS preferences and why and what are seeing with the majority of the leagues that have run so far?

Thanks.
I just rolled back and read, sorry for the duplicate question.
No worries Joe. As for what folks are picking with their KDS preferences, it's all over the board, which is why so many folks are getting their top preferences. From what I've seen early on, folks are getting their 3rd preference on average. Some want top of draft order, others want middle, others like the turn. It's amazing this year. I think folks will be pretty happy with their draft picks in our Classic and Primetime formats, but of course not everyone gets their top preference. But it's definitely all over the board.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:57 pm

Okay, those were softballs today guys. No tough industry or event questions? Damn.

Tom and I are gearing up for the new live events process. We have all LCD projectors in hand and 10-foot screens for each draft. Heck, in Las Vegas we'll have even bigger screens for every draft. We are also creating a new live draft board, which will look slightly different than what you see in our online drafts. This one will have the clock visible on the screen as well. One facilitator can easily put the player on the board in seconds and drafts will move along smoothly. Should be a nice change going forward.

We don't have naked girls doing this for us, but going forward we'll see if we can get the facilitators to go topless at the laptop!! Would that help? :roll:
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:00 pm

I'm going to create a special thread for this one, but check out the Thursday, 7 pm ET signup list for the NFFC Cutline Championship. We created a "Beat John Hansen" Cutline Championship League for that night and John sent out an email to his FantasyGuru.com subscribers and invited them to compete against him. Within 5 minutes of the newsletter going out, the league was full. 15 minutes later the second league was full and they are still coming in. Most amazing thing we've seen here in a bit.

Almost every owner was a first-time NFFC member, so this is great to bring so many new players to the NFFC. The power of John Hansen was certainly evident today. Wow.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:02 pm

if the facilitator puts the pick on board and clock resets? is that gonna speed up the drafts or do you expect time for live drafts to finish will remain the same. I am interested to see how this will work..both as a facilitator and a drafter.

packman527

Post by packman527 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:40 pm

A little late to the party, but i have a cutline question. Was there any thought given to the cutline being a 2 QB contest, a la the FFOC? I think the 10 team formats lend themselves to 2 QBs. QBs are just so devalued if you only have 10 starting. Even in the 12 team format this year there are 12 clear good QBs. Just wondering if that was or will ever be considered.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:44 pm

76erfan wrote:if the facilitator puts the pick on board and clock resets? is that gonna speed up the drafts or do you expect time for live drafts to finish will remain the same. I am interested to see how this will work..both as a facilitator and a drafter.
It has the potential to be faster because nobody is searching for a WR sticker. The facilitator has a Search button and starts to type in Pet..and Peterson's name will pop up. You click on it and hit Submit and it goes on the board and the clock starts ticking for the next owner. It will be smooth and easy.

We won't rush these picks, though, so maybe the facilitator Searches for the pick and announces the name twice before hitting Submit. Good facilitators like you Andy will work the crowd and find the players easily!! I can easily see where one person can do a league here, but only the good guys can do both jobs!! ;)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:46 pm

packman527 wrote:A little late to the party, but i have a cutline question. Was there any thought given to the cutline being a 2 QB contest, a la the FFOC? I think the 10 team formats lend themselves to 2 QBs. QBs are just so devalued if you only have 10 starting. Even in the 12 team format this year there are 12 clear good QBs. Just wondering if that was or will ever be considered.
I have heard that the 2 QB format is very popular. We never considered it because we wanted this contest to be consistent with our other NFFC contests and scoring system. I certainly hear what you're saying, but once again it comes down to making the right draft choices and the right starting lineup decisions.

I can't ever say never, but right now 2 QBs is not in our future plans.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
76erfan wrote:if the facilitator puts the pick on board and clock resets? is that gonna speed up the drafts or do you expect time for live drafts to finish will remain the same. I am interested to see how this will work..both as a facilitator and a drafter.
It has the potential to be faster because nobody is searching for a WR sticker. The facilitator has a Search button and starts to type in Pet..and Peterson's name will pop up. You click on it and hit Submit and it goes on the board and the clock starts ticking for the next owner. It will be smooth and easy.

We won't rush these picks, though, so maybe the facilitator Searches for the pick and announces the name twice before hitting Submit. Good facilitators like you Andy will work the crowd and find the players easily!! I can easily see where one person can do a league here, but only the good guys can do both jobs!! ;)
yeah thats where i am going with this. I can handle it myself no doubt. Searching is easy..sounds same as before. Working the crowd is the fun part:) Sack will need to come up with a new nickname for me. Was thinking those that are used to sticker hitting the board before clock resets may think its too quick. So your idea where you announce twice before hitting submit may work. From your point of view, you dont want people to feel rushed because of all the money invested so facilitator will have to set the tempo at a fair pace i think.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:55 pm

A guy like you Andy can walk over to Team 1, get his pick, walk to the computer while announcing the pick again and post the pick in 5 seconds, then get back up, walk over to Team 2, get his pick, announce it twice while walking to the computer again. That's what I'm going to do in Las Vegas. Good exercise for the facilitators and still not losing any personal touch that we've always had with the facilitators. And then this isn't rushed at all, which is key.

Someone like Gwen in Las Vegas can do everything above, serve beers and clean everyone's draft area without breaking a sweat!! :lol: Anyone who has seen her work before will agree with me on that!! :mrgreen:

We're ready for this, for sure and EVERYONE will be able to see the draft boards now.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:59 pm

yeah i am not cut out for vegas then..i dont serve beers. Only drink them. I gotcha on the personal touch and being non rushed is key. I assumed you guys had it covered but wanted to ask the question as I know others were thinking it.

Look fwd to the live events. Wish it wasnt 2.5 weeks away. READY NOW!