July 16th BBDS league

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:17 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Upon Sober review...Double G has a balanced quad.

He has a few of my coveted sleepers...if they pan out...he will be toward the top of the leader-board right off the bat.

~Lance bring it lance!!!

checklist to win this league
Secure decent draft slot...check
Spend little FAAB...check
Draft balanced/good team...check
Draft some of lance's sleepers...check
Win league...check
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

mikeybok

July 16th BBDS league

Post by mikeybok » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:18 pm

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:

GEKKO/BILLY
QB'S-BILLY.A+.....GEKKO...B MINUS
RB'S-GEKKO.A+....BILLY...B-
WR'S-BILLY.B+....GEKKO...B
TE'S-BILLY.B+....GEKKO...B
K'S-BILLY.B.......GEKKO..B
DEF-BILLY.A.......GEKKO..C+
RB's are lower D+

WR's are higher A-

But ... he has that one hole to fill with FAAB ... if he does ... he golden. Good draft Billy.
Hakuna Matata!

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:22 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:

GEKKO/BILLY

Hope this helps........Don't feed me to the lions now......... :D come on dog. his RB's are TERRIBLE. B- isn't low enough. billy's team has ZERO depth. how is he gonna cover injuries and bye weeks. who is his flex starter on a weekly basis. K and D change every year. you need to upgrade your eval criteria
[/QUOTE]I'll TOTALLY agree that my RB's are not B- right now.

However, your QB's are IN NO WAY a B- either. I would say C-, because your QB has a way of finding the IR, and if he goes down his backup isn't even worth your time.

Hello Rex Grossman! ;)

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:24 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
Waz's wideouts are also over-rated ISHO -right now you really don't know what you're getting with DJax...SNAKE Possibly Snake, but I did secure Engram who was a decent option last year when he got the shot to play.

RI WORKHORSE

July 16th BBDS league

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:28 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:

GEKKO/BILLY

Hope this helps........Don't feed me to the lions now......... :D come on dog. his RB's are TERRIBLE. B- isn't low enough. billy's team has ZERO depth. how is he gonna cover injuries and bye weeks. who is his flex starter on a weekly basis. K and D change every year. you need to upgrade your eval criteria
[/QUOTE]Flex is wilson........Wilson is underated......Or could also be moats......*HINT DON'T SLEEP ON MOATS"

Also....Im just throwing grades out for fun....Also didn't see anyone else take the time to vote on this draft yesterday.....

Bottom Line-out of 14 teams there are still 12 teams in the hunt for first....And I got my top 3 to win this league in my head.....And have posted 1 of them GLY......Also Like Big Mike said free agents can still be picked up and a lot can happen till kickoff......Billy could have 4 stud backs by then or steven jackson could blow out a knee.....

Johnny
I.W
Johnny Frisella

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:29 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
Billy ... if Dayne (or someone else works out as a RB2) ... you could be the team to beat. I like your WR's. If not ... you might be at the bottom.

But were you really looking for 5th place anyway. Good overall risk reward IMO ... you also have some FA dollars to get another RB after the season starts ... I would take half you team in a heart beat ... but I wouldn't side bet it because it's kind of an all or nothing set up. not a good draft for a 3 city as you might crash and burn with no RB debth ... but for a winner take all ... good draft. Thanks UYT!

I posted before the draft about how 2nd place is as good as 14th in this league, and it was one of the reasons I rolled the dice with Hasselbeck, as I think he will have a great year!

I wish Gekko would post his team, as I would be curious to what the "non-drafters" think about his chances to win it all.

According to him, we might as well not even play! :rolleyes:

mikeybok

July 16th BBDS league

Post by mikeybok » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:29 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
Waz's wideouts are also over-rated ISHO -right now you really don't know what you're getting with DJax...SNAKE Good analysis there Snake ... but I could insert 50 players into that same sentence. It's all about risk/reward.
Hakuna Matata!