July 16th BBDS league

Nag'

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Nag' » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:51 am

You guys are really funny with your bye-week theorizing. Chew on this one for a while...

Here Are The Assumptions

- A starting lineup consists of 8 players.

- Each Team Drafts 16-players (8 Starters and 8 Benchwarmers).

- All Starters average 20 points/game, with scores varying from 15 to 25 each week.

- All Benchwarmers average 12 points/game, with scores varying from 7 to 17 each week.

- Teams always play their Starters, unless the Starter is on BYE. When the Starter is on BYE, a Benchwarmer is inserted into the starting lineup.

TEAM-A
This team made sure they only had one player on BYE each week of the Virtual Season. In other words each of the 8 starters went on BYE in different weeks. So, this team never had more than one player on BYE each week. Some might say this team managed BYE’s “properly.” In total, this team missed 8 starters due to BYE during each virtual season.

TEAM-B
This team had two starters on BYE for 4 weeks and no Starters on BYE the other 4 weeks. So, for 4 weeks this team was at full strength and for 4 weeks this team had two starters on the bench. Like Team-A, Team-B missed using 8 starters due to BYE each virtual season.

TEAM-C
This team paid no attention to BYE weeks during their draft! As it turns out, all 8 of their Starters go on BYE the same week. In that week, the team is in trouble. That’s the bad news. However, during the other seven weeks, this team was at full strength. Like Team-A and Team-B, this team also missed using 8 starters due to BYE each season.

So, all the teams have identical talent – the only difference is how each team managed to spread out BYE weeks among Starters.

To best measure which method works best, the highest scoring team that week went 2-0, the team in the middle went 1-1 and the lowest scoring team went 0-2.

So, after 50,000 vitual computer generated seasons, which team did best?

For Players. By Players.

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:54 am

Originally posted by Nag':
You guys are really funny with your bye-week theorizing. Chew on this one for a while...

Here Are The Assumptions

- All Starters average 20 points/game, with scores varying from 15 to 25 each week.

- All Benchwarmers average 12 points/game, with scores varying from 7 to 17 each week.

- Teams always play their Starters, unless the Starter is on BYE. When the Starter is on BYE, a Benchwarmer is inserted into the starting lineup.

TEAM-A
This team made sure they only had one player on BYE each week of the Virtual Season. In other words each of the 8 starters went on BYE in different weeks. So, this team never had more than one player on BYE each week. Some might say this team managed BYE’s “properly.” In total, this team missed 8 starters due to BYE during each virtual season.

TEAM-B
This team had two starters on BYE for 4 weeks and no Starters on BYE the other 4 weeks. So, for 4 weeks this team was at full strength and for 4 weeks this team had two starters on the bench. Like Team-A, Team-B missed using 8 starters due to BYE each virtual season.

TEAM-C
This team paid no attention to BYE weeks during their draft! As it turns out, all 8 of their Starters go on BYE the same week. In that week, the team is in trouble. That’s the bad news. However, during the other seven weeks, this team was at full strength. Like Team-A and Team-B, this team also missed using 8 starters due to BYE each season.

So, all the teams have identical talent – the only difference is how each team managed to spread out BYE weeks among Starters.

To best measure which method works best, the highest scoring team that week went 2-0, the team in the middle went 1-1 and the lowest scoring team went 0-2.

I agree that is WAY overrated as case and point was my mag team which had K.Jones and Portis AND Gonzlaez and Wiggins off the same week.

Why pass up a quality player over ONE week??? :confused:

Oh well, everyone has a different theory, and that is what makes this fun! :D

RiFF

July 16th BBDS league

Post by RiFF » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:00 pm

Originally posted by Nag':

Here Are The Assumptions

TEAM-A

TEAM-B

TEAM-C

Insufficient Data.... :eek: :eek:

sportsbettingman

July 16th BBDS league

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:22 pm

Nag...this is a points league...no head to head.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Eddiejag

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:51 pm

help
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Eddiejag

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:02 pm

Im back baby,my computer is fine , it's the password i didnt have , so they wouldnt let me in.
Know my team the top 5 i would take in any league, to come away with rudi johnson, and the caddy , thats a pretty good one two punch.I wanted a wide out with the 3rd pick , but recievers where going off the board like ive never seen, so couldnt pass on war dunn in the 3rd round pick 11.PLAXICO in the 4th was very nice , to give me one stud wide out, in the 5th round pick 11 , there was no recievers worthy of that pick , so i went value came away with tom brady , then grabbed jerry porter in the 6th , who i would have taken in the brady spot if i went reciever. SO pretty happy with my draft , couple things i would do different with later picks , but my 1st six i wouldnt change.
GOOD TO BE BACK.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Nag'

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Nag' » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:21 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Nag...this is a points league...no head to head.

~Lance Yes, I have been made aware of this, although there is also H2H in league play.

[ July 18, 2006, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

Route Collectors

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:53 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
also route C, you SPECIFICALLY called me out NUMEROUS times during this draft. when i did my calling out last draft, it was not specific to you and it was not numerous. bad form, route C.

if we're in another league together, you'll see my bad form. thanks. Sorry Gordo...you don't make all the rules. Do whatever you want in any of our drafts...I expect others to know what's going on. Specifically or not you made plenty of comments that directly effected my team. I have no beef with you and I appreciate your honesty...but don't be like the guy everyone gets behind that thinks you can only drive 70 instead of 75. If the speed limit's 65....both are wrong.

Route Collectors

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:22 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
waz - instead of you and your buddy RC trying to azzcrank me on QB's, you shoulda used your t.green pick to solify your RB or WR positio. on a weekly basis who do you envision being your #2 RB and your flex player? thanks. I got my backup QB in the 9th round....not my fault if you waited til the 10th to get your first. Honestly...all this crying is very unbecoming.