Manning 7 TDs

Jersey Dawg

Re: Manning 7 TDs

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Coach JP wrote:Thank goodness for all play in these higher end leagues.. would suck if you had to face Manning week 1 and knew your weekend was already done!
The problem is, the Manning, Thomas and Welker teams (assuming all different) have a pretty good leg up on the rest of the league teams. So even in an all play scenario, you might have 3 teams with very nice leads taking up 3 of the top 6 spots. Ouch.

dabird777

Post by dabird777 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:23 pm

Manning No.1 overall in Cutline?

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:59 pm

in a cutline league it is brutal to have the guy your playing pick manning. 9 game season getting an 0-1 start is tough. not impossible by any means but it does put you in a pickle.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

dabird777

Post by dabird777 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:08 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:in a cutline league it is brutal to have the guy your playing pick manning. 9 game season getting an 0-1 start is tough. not impossible by any means but it does put you in a pickle.
Thanks, BLACKHAND. As a newbie to this site, I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your handle--- the Godfather rules! 8-)

Funny thing is, I gave in to the urge to draft. I already have a Cutline that I think will be my most potent regardless of my draft tonight. It's on page 7, I believe of "Show your stacked Cutline team" board.

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:01 pm

Well.... overreactions have begun :lol:

Doing an OC now, guess what the first 3 picks were?

Pick #1 - Peyton Manning
Pick #3 - Demaryius Thomas

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:21 pm

dabird777 wrote:
BLACKHAND wrote:in a cutline league it is brutal to have the guy your playing pick manning. 9 game season getting an 0-1 start is tough. not impossible by any means but it does put you in a pickle.
Thanks, BLACKHAND. As a newbie to this site, I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your handle--- the Godfather rules! 8-)

Funny thing is, I gave in to the urge to draft. I already have a Cutline that I think will be my most potent regardless of my draft tonight. It's on page 7, I believe of "Show your stacked Cutline team" board.

what handle. 8-)
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

dabird777

Post by dabird777 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Coach JP wrote:Well.... overreactions have begun :lol:

Pick #1 - Peyton Manning
That just kills their chances. I did a draft just for fun, taking Peyton first, and saw what that does is leave more elite players toward not just the end of the first round, but for part of the second. Tips the scales considerably toward the teams at the bottom of the first round.

Not just for that round, but for the rest of the draft. You probably were one of the beneficiaries, I take it JP? :lol:

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:44 pm

Appears as though Manning went #1 in a Primetime league and #2 in a Classic league.

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:55 am

The best player I've ever seen play.
Enjoy him now, folks, his incredible career is winding down.
Would like to see him get another SB ring.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:54 am

dabird777 wrote:
Coach JP wrote:Well.... overreactions have begun :lol:

Pick #1 - Peyton Manning
That just kills their chances. I did a draft just for fun, taking Peyton first, and saw what that does is leave more elite players toward not just the end of the first round, but for part of the second. Tips the scales considerably toward the teams at the bottom of the first round.

Not just for that round, but for the rest of the draft. You probably were one of the beneficiaries, I take it JP? :lol:
That just kills their chances?

What would 50-55 TD's and 5500 passing yards be worth in regards to ADP? Just a question. Are these numbers completely impossible? This is Peyton Manning and a tremendous offensive passing game with very good weapons. I agree taking Thomas at 3 is a reach and not a move I would do with Martin and Charles there.
At 5pm Primetime Online this afternoon I have the #1 pick and I am going t o think long and hard about Peyton. Will that Kill my Chances I doubt it very much. If I was picking 4th - 6th, it would be a no brainer. 2nd or 3rd 75% sure it would be Peyton; #1 50-50;
7 TD passes most likely won't happen again, but 4 a game plus 300 yards passing is very doable. That equates to 39 points a game; 3 TD's and 250 = 30.5 a game. In the past few years Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Tom Brady have been 1st round pick and some picked Rodgers in the middle of the first round.
All said and done, it should be an interesting Saturday of drafting as I saw Friday was. For the record, I took D. Thomas at #6 last night in an online champ draft and I don't think I gave anything away and drafted a solid team.

Good luck to everyone drafting today.