Week 4 Thoughts and Observations

TR

Re: Week 4 Thoughts and Observations

Post by TR » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:35 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:I have a few leagues where I drafted Tony Gonzalez then followed him up later with Cameron and Julius Thomas late. This week I finally decided I had to bench Tony G since the other two were averaging about 2.5 times more than him and he was playing the #1 D against TEs. Shows you what I know, SIGH. :(

As for the Lions, I've seen pretty much every snap of them since they drafted Calvin. They look good but I just feel like Stafford needs to work on his mechanics more or study more or something. I'm obviously a huge fan of him but he always misses a few easy throws every week, it drives me crazy! Any team that has Kris Durham playing this much I just can't take for real lol! Trade for Flash Detroit!!!
No way Detroit will trade for flash and rightfully so

dabird777

Post by dabird777 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:59 am

Darren Sproles, welcome to the 2013 Fantasy football season! Make yourself at home and stay all year :D

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:55 am

I said it last week and I'll say it again - Jimmy Graham should be the first non-RB taken in fantasy drafts next season. Would anyone be surprised if he topped 20 touchdowns this season? Guy is flat-out amazing.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TR

Post by TR » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:06 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:I said it last week and I'll say it again - Jimmy Graham should be the first non-RB taken in fantasy drafts next season. Would anyone be surprised if he topped 20 touchdowns this season? Guy is flat-out amazing.
I'll still take Calvin over Jimmy Graham as 1st non RB next season.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:23 am

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote: As for the Lions, I've seen pretty much every snap of them since they drafted Calvin. They look good but I just feel like Stafford needs to work on his mechanics more or study more or something. I'm obviously a huge fan of him but he always misses a few easy throws every week, it drives me crazy! Any team that has Kris Durham playing this much I just can't take for real lol! Trade for Flash Detroit!!!
You are so right about Stafford. I've noticed the same mechanics flaws. He must be watching Jay Cutler too much. He makes some throws that just miss, but should be completed.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:23 pm

dabird777 wrote:Darren Sproles, welcome to the 2013 Fantasy football season! Make yourself at home and stay all year :D
I saw a lot of people write Sproles off going into Week 4 for some reason. Even John Hansen, who I have a ton of respect for, pulled back on Sproles. I didn't agree with that at all. He was good in Week 1 and was solid in Weeks 2 and 3. He just hadn't really gone off yet. I said on our Sirius show last week I LOVED Sproles going into this game and I heavily hyped him. I just believed he was a terrific player who was due for a big game. Plus the Saints love playing on MNF, especially in the dome. To me, picking Sproles to go off was the easiest call I made for Week 4. Seemed obvious to me it was gonna happen. As a Sproles owner, I'm glad it did. :)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
dabird777 wrote:Darren Sproles, welcome to the 2013 Fantasy football season! Make yourself at home and stay all year :D
I saw a lot of people write Sproles off going into Week 4 for some reason. Even John Hansen, who I have a ton of respect for, pulled back on Sproles. I didn't agree with that at all. He was good in Week 1 and was solid in Weeks 2 and 3. He just hadn't really gone off yet. I said on our Sirius show last week I LOVED Sproles going into this game and I heavily hyped him. I just believed he was a terrific player who was due for a big game. Plus the Saints love playing on MNF, especially in the dome. To me, picking Sproles to go off was the easiest call I made for Week 4. Seemed obvious to me it was gonna happen. As a Sproles owner, I'm glad it did. :)
I particularly enjoyed how my Dolphins reacted like it was the first time they'd ever seen a screen pass on each of the 347 times they got fooled by it last night.

dabird777

Post by dabird777 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:04 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Likewise, Tom. I've got him in 3 of my 6 Cutlines. Mindboggling how he only gets 10-13 touches a game. The Saints take the RBBC thing to ridiculous proportions.

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:40 am

TR wrote:
ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:I have a few leagues where I drafted Tony Gonzalez then followed him up later with Cameron and Julius Thomas late. This week I finally decided I had to bench Tony G since the other two were averaging about 2.5 times more than him and he was playing the #1 D against TEs. Shows you what I know, SIGH. :(

As for the Lions, I've seen pretty much every snap of them since they drafted Calvin. They look good but I just feel like Stafford needs to work on his mechanics more or study more or something. I'm obviously a huge fan of him but he always misses a few easy throws every week, it drives me crazy! Any team that has Kris Durham playing this much I just can't take for real lol! Trade for Flash Detroit!!!
No way Detroit will trade for flash and rightfully so
I guess they'll just keep putting hurt or white guys across from Calvin and wondering what could be. I can't even imagine what would happen if they would actually got someone who can't be covered one on one to go with Calvin...
mattjb wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:
I particularly enjoyed how my Dolphins reacted like it was the first time they'd ever seen a screen pass on each of the 347 times they got fooled by it last night.
LOFL!!! Almost sprayed my water out on my keyboard, need to warn me next time!
bald is beautiful wrote:
ForLoveOfTheGame wrote: As for the Lions, I've seen pretty much every snap of them since they drafted Calvin. They look good but I just feel like Stafford needs to work on his mechanics more or study more or something. I'm obviously a huge fan of him but he always misses a few easy throws every week, it drives me crazy! Any team that has Kris Durham playing this much I just can't take for real lol! Trade for Flash Detroit!!!
You are so right about Stafford. I've noticed the same mechanics flaws. He must be watching Jay Cutler too much. He makes some throws that just miss, but should be completed.
Jack, did you see the pass to Broyles? He was WIDE open and it wasn't even close. It was like ground ball practice. Broyles looked back at him like really? Usually minimum 1 to 2 passes to Calvin that should be easy completions that aren't because of a bad throw. I'm guessing coaches don't tell #1 draft picks to work on their mechanics huh?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:47 am

dabird777 wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:
Likewise, Tom. I've got him in 3 of my 6 Cutlines. Mindboggling how he only gets 10-13 touches a game. The Saints take the RBBC thing to ridiculous proportions.
I don't think that's ever going to change and my feeling about Sproles in Week 4 wasn't really about usage. It was primarily about him being very talented, a little quiet the previous two games, being overdue to score and have a big game and the Saints' fondness for MNF, especially in the dome. There were a number of factors when you put them all together that had me stating emphatically on our show last week that Sproles was going to go off. I'd like to forget about the calls I missed on (::coughMohammedSanucough::) but I nailed that one. :)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich