Julio Jones done for season?

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Julio Jones done for season?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:36 pm

Chris Mortenson just tweeted: "Julio Jones will have surgery next week after Dr Robert Anderson confirmed his fractured foot . Out of year"
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:43 pm

Hitting drop button on him in Diamond is not a fun thing. Not fun at all.

greenwichsttavern

Post by greenwichsttavern » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:09 pm

I' ll second that... as i sit here dropping him on all my teams i was saying this is like a bad breakup that you just don't want to be over and your asking the girl is there anything we can do to work this out before we end it !!!!! painful

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:Hitting drop button on him in Diamond is not a fun thing. Not fun at all.
Chad, I remember being super jealous that he fell to you in the Diamond at pick #22. This is a tough blow, no doubt.

On a positive note, the guy I took at #23 (Larry Fitzgerald) will probably end up with FEWER fantasy points over 16 weeks than Julio for 5 weeks and Julio's replacement for 11. :lol:

dabird777

Post by dabird777 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Think it's pretty likely the Georgia Dome becomes festival seating for Falcons games' late this season. Might be lower attendance than an average high school game.

Would love to know what the Falcons did to piss the Football Gods off so much. Thankfully, I wasn't invested in the Falcons much at all. Except a little too much on S-Jax and Gonzo.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:55 pm

hitting the drop button is bad but the player you have to bid on makes you sick.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:35 pm

greenwichsttavern wrote:I' ll second that... as i sit here dropping him on all my teams i was saying this is like a bad breakup that you just don't want to be over and your asking the girl is there anything we can do to work this out before we end it !!!!! painful
This is so true. I had a feeling like I can never remember tonight when dropping a player. I just didn't want to put him in the drop column.....your analogy is spot on!

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:03 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:hitting the drop button is bad but the player you have to bid on makes you sick.
yup, hitting drop is one thing. but hoping you get brandon gibson makes it even worse.

COZ

Post by COZ » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:15 pm

Sack wrote:I'm in no rush to drop him. Sounds like Julio isn't convinced. I'll wait for the second opinion and then still wait until after the Falcons play their next game. You just don't drop a difference maker like him until you are 100% percent positive. Wouldn't forgive myself if I did. Hope this proves to be a false alarm, he looked pretty damn good on Monday night.

COZ

Old School

Post by Old School » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:07 pm

....so next in line is David Wilson out for yr perhaps.

Those multiple teams i have with:

Wilson
Vereen
J Jones
Amendola
AJ
.....among other injuries...... may have to forfeit a few H2H matchups due to lack of able bodies!

What a fun year.....Whos next, Jimmy Graham?