Start / Sit

David U Kennedy

Re: Start / Sit

Post by David U Kennedy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:26 pm

mattjb wrote:
CoMoHusker wrote:Need to start two of the four at RB and Flex:

Spiller, FJax, Lacy, or D. Williams.

I don't like Lacy's matchup this week and Bills RB's against Cinn isn't exactly comforting. I'm leaning towards D-Will but having trouble picking the other.
I think not starting Spiller would be over thinking it.

Flex: T Williams or G Graham

and in another team L Hankerson or T Ginn
Sit Williams with Miles back in action and I would start Hank. I don't think these ones are even that close.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:29 pm

southpaw24 wrote:Need a WR3:

Hankerson (vs Dallas)
Jennings (vs Carolina)
V Brown (vs Indy)
Looks like a coin flip here. All look decent. Cassel helps Jennings. Hankerson should be part of a shootout and Brown looked good last week. Rank em in order I would say Jennings, Hankerson, and Brown but this is as close as it gets.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:21 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:

I don't like Lacy's matchup this week and Bills RB's against Cinn isn't exactly comforting. I'm leaning towards D-Will but having trouble picking the other.
Spiller is a must start every week unless injured. I love Lacy and Jackson has played lights out. I don't think I would sit Lacy against anyone. He put up decent stats against SF. Lots a running room for him in that GB offense. What has Deangelo done this year? Squat!! Williams is the first guy I sit. I think you are overthinking the matchups here.
Actually, D-Will has quietly been a serviceable flex option most weeks. He's fourth in the league in rushing yards per game and just outside the top 10 in rushing yards. He is frustrating to own, as he should probably be used more than he is. I just like his matchup against the Vikings a bit better than Lacy against the Ravens. That D has really slowed some good backs this year. As of now, I'm going Spiller and Williams.
Go Big Red!

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:33 pm

CoMoHusker wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:

Spiller is a must start every week unless injured. I love Lacy and Jackson has played lights out. I don't think I would sit Lacy against anyone. He put up decent stats against SF. Lots a running room for him in that GB offense. What has Deangelo done this year? Squat!! Williams is the first guy I sit. I think you are overthinking the matchups here.
Actually, D-Will has quietly been a serviceable flex option most weeks. He's fourth in the league in rushing yards per game and just outside the top 10 in rushing yards. He is frustrating to own, as he should probably be used more than he is. I just like his matchup against the Vikings a bit better than Lacy against the Ravens. That D has really slowed some good backs this year. As of now, I'm going Spiller and Williams.
I know Deangelo has been decent but he don't score or catch. Big detractors. Lacy is legit RB1. His numbers will be there at years end. Hard to not like Jackson as well. Buffalo is running the ball like 35 times a game and he is the goal line guy. Maybe Williams pulls it off this week. Cam and Tolbert gobble up all the TDs in the Red Zone. Baltimore was dominated by Buffalo's run game.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:45 am

Local league, 1/2 PPR, need 2 WRs and a flex from:

Blackmon @DEN
Gordon vs. DET
Jordy @BAL: covered by their best CB, Lardarius Webb
James Jones @BAL: covered by their worst CB, Jimmy Smith
Giovani @BUF

I'm leaning towards Blackmon and Gordon. But I'm also itching to start Jones. In a sort of "squeaky wheel" case, he was on NFL Fantasy Live this week, politely begging for some love. :P

Thanks.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:03 am

Sandman62 wrote:Local league, 1/2 PPR, need 2 WRs and a flex from:

Blackmon @DEN
Gordon vs. DET
Jordy @BAL: covered by their best CB, Lardarius Webb
James Jones @BAL: covered by their worst CB, Jimmy Smith
Giovani @BUF

I'm leaning towards Blackmon and Gordon. But I'm also itching to start Jones. In a sort of "squeaky wheel" case, he was on NFL Fantasy Live this week, politely begging for some love. :P

Thanks.
I think Blackmon is a must start this week. His team will be playing from behind for almost the entire game and the Bronco's pass defense has been horrible. With Gordon's big play ability, he's hard to sit. I like Jones just a bit more than Jordy but it's real close.

Home league: K. Moreno or L. Bell?
Go Big Red!

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:30 am

Thanks Mike.

Yours is tough. Moreno may not have to play the 2nd half. But Bell faces the Jets formidable run D, and with Cromartie hobbled, Ben may just throw all day. Bell could still pop in a short TD or two, but I think I'd roll with Moreno, just due to the much better offense.