Cutline playoff standings

da bears

Re: Cutline playoff standings

Post by da bears » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:55 pm

kjduke wrote:I played the FFOC when that contest started a few years ago and had one team close to making the big final weekend in Vegas. There were a few guys in that contest that had a ton of teams in the playoff. The overall winner wasn’t one of them, but I know Chad had a lot of teams and just missed taking it home. Humbler beginnings here for the NFFC with just under 2,000 entries, but still an exciting format that hopefully can reach 6 figures next season.

For this year's contest, I counted 10 owners with at least four teams:
• Jim Christie (5)
• Jeff Butler (5)
• David Martino (5)
• Matthew Shepherd (5)
• Stephen Ranaghan (5)
• Mark Moyer (4)
• Sousa.Pierson.Hubbard (4)
• Terry Wells (4)
• William Robertson (4)
… and the Zefurs have (7) :shock:

Another 13 owners have 3 teams:
• Andy Saxton
• Arn Cenedella
• Chad Schroeder
• Ed A
• James Milkowski
• Kenneth Smith
• Michael Cole
• Michael Link
• Paul Baxter
• PJ Grace
• Rob Silver
• Robert Zarzycki
• Ted McGruff

Hope I didn't miss anyone, good luck all.

Yeah I really had a great time in Vegas during the FFOC final. Although I didn't win the million it was so exciting just to have that chance. I loved the cutline format and couldn't be happier that the NFFC had this contest this season, especially since my cutline team was my only fantasy football team this year besides a local league.

Although I only have one team in the championship bracket I'm looking forward to an exciting seven weeks. If you have never played a cutline format this format rocks!! Good luck to everyone as I see a lot of familiar names in the championship bracket.
Bauler Shot Caller

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:22 pm

dabird777 wrote:It is easy to miss people when you're researching close to 1000 entries

I only listed the champ rd teams, you're right 1000 is too many to look through. ;)

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:06 pm

kjduke wrote:I played the FFOC when that contest started a few years ago and had one team close to making the big final weekend in Vegas. There were a few guys in that contest that had a ton of teams in the playoff. The overall winner wasn’t one of them, but I know Chad had a lot of teams and just missed taking it home. Humbler beginnings here for the NFFC with just under 2,000 entries, but still an exciting format that hopefully can reach 6 figures next season.

For this year's contest, I counted 10 owners with at least four teams:
• Jim Christie (5)
• Jeff Butler (5)
• David Martino (5)
• Matthew Shepherd (5)
• Stephen Ranaghan (5)
• Mark Moyer (4)
• Sousa.Pierson.Hubbard (4)
• Terry Wells (4)
• William Robertson (4)
… and the Zefurs have (7) :shock:

Another 13 owners have 3 teams:
• Andy Saxton
• Arn Cenedella
• Chad Schroeder
• Ed A
• James Milkowski
• Kenneth Smith
• Michael Cole
• Michael Link
• Paul Baxter
• PJ Grace
• Rob Silver
• Robert Zarzycki
• Ted McGruff

Hope I didn't miss anyone, good luck all.
All 3 of my Cutline entries made the postseason KJ, two in the Championship bracket, one in the WC bracket. Though one of those Championship bracket squads was QB'd by Aaron Rodgers and backed up at the position only by Geno Smith (who's on a bye this week), so I'm guessing my ratio will likely be slightly different next week. ;)

I'm looking forward to this. I only got to play the FFOC their last season, but had a team make it to the final 92, the final cut before the Vegas round. It's a blast of a format, very exciting, and a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out the next seven weeks. Good luck to everyone who'll be a part of it.

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:36 pm

I played a total of 12 teams, 5 in champ round and 5 in the wild card; out if the 10, only one team I believe with. Great chance, but then, this is football where one twist of an ankle could ruin your chances; this is why building depth at your draft was so important or fixes with the 3 FAAB periods. Best of luck up all.

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:44 pm

So if you finished in the bottom 5 you are done and no need to update those teams? Is this correct? No consolation payouts or anything like the other contests? Can someone please confirm as I can jump up and down as I cross a few teams off my list to update. Thanks

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:44 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:So if you finished in the bottom 5 you are done and no need to update those teams? Is this correct? No consolation payouts or anything like the other contests? Can someone please confirm as I can jump up and down as I cross a few teams off my list to update. Thanks
Exactly, freedom.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:57 pm

I'm totally not seeing where the links to the championship round and wild card round are.

Went to overall standings and cutline 2013......but not seeing it. :(

Nevermind.....found it. Rough day! ;)

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:25 pm

This is really a great contest. I could see it easily growing to 3,500-4,000 teams next year.

Low price point and LIMITED FAAB on Fridays is a double winner in my book. Would love to see this go to a 12 team format and have longer than a 9 week regular season next year, but either way, I'll be back.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs, as with no more FAAB, it is going to get interesting as the injuries continue to mount.

southpaw24

Post by southpaw24 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:33 pm

Do we just make lineup changes on our regular league/team page? Or will there be a separate link like the OC playoffs?

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:36 pm

BillyWaz wrote:This is really a great contest. I could see it easily growing to 3,500-4,000 teams next year.

Low price point and LIMITED FAAB on Fridays is a double winner in my book. Would love to see this go to a 12 team format and have longer than a 9 week regular season next year, but either way, I'll be back.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs, as with no more FAAB, it is going to get interesting as the injuries continue to mount.
A higher stakes 12-teamer with an 11-week season would be interesting as a second cutline contest, but there's probably a bigger market for this lower-stakes 10-tm. No reason there couldn't be two contests in the next year or two now that the technology is in place.