Tavon Austin

drago

Tavon Austin

Post by drago » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:20 pm

Just wondering if anyone stuck with him this long and actually started him this week? Had him in a couple of leagues but he just killed us in a couple of close games. Couldn't take it anymore and cut him loose. Obviously he had the ability but Schottenheimer doesn't have a clue. The NFL is nepotism central. It always amazes me when proven failures get job after job.

Rog

Re: Tavon Austin

Post by Rog » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:22 pm

Tough to go after a guy with so much talent but so little time on the actual playing field.
Tavon Austin played only 15 offensive snaps in his Week 10 breakout game.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Rog wrote:Tough to go after a guy with so much talent but so little time on the actual playing field.
Tavon Austin played only 15 offensive snaps in his Week 10 breakout game.
Definitely could be right there, but sometimes performances dictate playing time going forward. Perhaps something clicked for Austin this week and will force something to click with the Rams coaching staff that they have to find a way to utilize this weapon. After all, Zac Stacy was a healthy scratch for this team each week before his breakout performance and now he dominates this same offense. With the bye week coming up, I'm guessing one of the focal points for this coaching staff is to further emphasize Austin into their game plan.

drago

Post by drago » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:41 pm

Obviously the offensive staff is not the best at recognizing and utilizing the talented players on their roster. These guys seem to go out of their way to make things more difficult much of the time. To me, that has always been Belichick's genius. He just does the simple things so well. He doesn't make it harder than it has to be. I'm definitely not a NE fan either but have to give it up to Bill.
He also is amazingly adept at adapting his game plans and strategies to the strengths of his players. Too many of these meathead coaches have such an ego and are so stubborn, that they repeatedly try to fit a square peg in a round hole. I have become less and less impressed each year with the strategic and tactical abilities of these guys.

ChiTwn

Post by ChiTwn » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:02 pm

drago wrote: Belichick's genius. He just does the simple things so well. He doesn't make it harder than it has to be. I'm definitely not a NE fan either but have to give it up to Bill.
He also is amazingly adept at adapting his game plans and strategies to the strengths of his players. Too many of these meathead coaches have such an ego and are so stubborn, that they repeatedly try to fit a square peg in a round hole. I have become less and less impressed each year with the strategic and tactical abilities of these guys.
While I agree mostly about the hoodie. Even he has a giant sized ego, as witnessed by basically benching Welker because he made a foot joke. That was the most petty thing I have seen a coach do.

I am enjoying the fact Welker is basically having his best season ever. While Amendola has basically been himself with the pats.

I am interested to see how Bill does it when Brady retires. Mallett sure hasn't impressed me, if Bill doesn't hit on a qb soon the success will surely be harder to come by.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:03 am

ChiTwn wrote:I am interested to see how Bill does it when Brady retires. Mallett sure hasn't impressed me, if Bill doesn't hit on a qb soon the success will surely be harder to come by.
No doubt, but you could say the same for the coaches of Peyton, Drew, and Aaron.

Great coaches make good QB's great. Great QB's make good coaches "look" great.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:18 am

I had actually been holding onto Tavon for a while as well as the St. Louis Rams D, hoping to get a 'double play' when he eventually housed a punt return TD.

It got to the point where he just wasn't seeing the field so I let him go. If you started Tavon and the Rams D this past week I believe you would've scored 60 something points.

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:00 pm

ChiTwn wrote:
drago wrote:I am interested to see how Bill does it when Brady retires. Mallett sure hasn't impressed me, if Bill doesn't hit on a qb soon the success will surely be harder to come by.
I cant even explain to you how much I want to see this myself. The difference here and the Rodgers, Manning, Brews etc is Belichick is constantly referred to as a genius and maybe the best coach of all time. I think Peyton might be the best "coach" of all time, always loved him waving the punting team off on those Dungy "coached" teams LOL! ;)

ChiTwn

Post by ChiTwn » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:31 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote: The difference here and the Rodgers, Manning, Brews etc is Belichick is constantly referred to as a genius and maybe the best coach of all time.
Yea, this is my feeling as well. On those teams QB and coach get the same amount of credit. Somehow with New England seems like Belichick can do no wrong. They could plug anyone at QB and NE would go to playoffs.

Although, Reid has never won the super bowl. Man he could make any QB look like a stud. :)

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:27 pm

ChiTwn wrote:
ForLoveOfTheGame wrote: The difference here and the Rodgers, Manning, Brews etc is Belichick is constantly referred to as a genius and maybe the best coach of all time.
Yea, this is my feeling as well. On those teams QB and coach get the same amount of credit. Somehow with New England seems like Belichick can do no wrong. They could plug anyone at QB and NE would go to playoffs.

Although, Reid has never won the super bowl. Man he could make any QB look like a stud. :)
Somebody has to be revered as the best of all time. It's just the way we are. Football coaches and SB winning QB's are always going to be considered. Personally, I think Brady is one of the best ever, ON and OFF the field. He, Peyton, and Brees represent the NFL as well as anybody. As a sixth round pick out of Michigan, culling Bridget for Gisele along the way, there is no encore for him except anonymity.

As for Belichick, he can come coach UK whenever he's ready to make the move.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"