Where Would Josh Gordon Go Today In The NFFC?

greenwichsttavern

Re: Where Would Josh Gordon Go Today In The NFFC?

Post by greenwichsttavern » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:54 pm

Here's one more question then involving 2014: How many WRs go in the first round this year? Do we still go after the top RBs early in the first round or is more attention given to WRs who can score 300+ points per year? I know we saw Megatron and Dez Bryant going in the first round this year, but will we see more WRs going in the first round in 2014? How many could crack the Top 12 or Top 14 next year? Greg, I think the first round next year will be a mixed bag and very different then in yers past. A.P, J.Charles, Forte, Mccoy, will all be first round rb locks with Foster if hes healthy and Tate signing elsewhere also in there. I also think that Moreno and Lacey could be top 15 pks based on the offenses their both in. I think Manning and Brees are both first rounders next year unless people dont want 40+ tds locked into their qb position. As for wr's and te's I think Graham and Calvin are first round locks obviously and can see Gronk, Dez, A.J Green and Demarius Thomas all there too so thats what my first round or top 15 would look like as of now

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:06 pm

greenwichsttavern wrote:Here's one more question then involving 2014: How many WRs go in the first round this year? Do we still go after the top RBs early in the first round or is more attention given to WRs who can score 300+ points per year? I know we saw Megatron and Dez Bryant going in the first round this year, but will we see more WRs going in the first round in 2014? How many could crack the Top 12 or Top 14 next year? Greg, I think the first round next year will be a mixed bag and very different then in yers past. A.P, J.Charles, Forte, Mccoy, will all be first round rb locks with Foster if hes healthy and Tate signing elsewhere also in there. I also think that Moreno and Lacey could be top 15 pks based on the offenses their both in. I think Manning and Brees are both first rounders next year unless people dont want 40+ tds locked into their qb position. As for wr's and te's I think Graham and Calvin are first round locks obviously and can see Gronk, Dez, A.J Green and Demarius Thomas all there too so thats what my first round or top 15 would look like as of now
I agree with most here except for Moreno and Tate being that high. Denver should find a better back or Ball emerges and Tate (top 20ish guy) is a good not great talent who cant stay healthy. You might have to put Luck and Brady up with Brees and Manning if things go right in the offseason. Id put Bernard in the first round with BJG becoming a lesser factor.

greenwichsttavern

Post by greenwichsttavern » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:11 pm

I didn't mean that Tate would be a first rounder, I meant Foster would be if Tate signs elsewhere and Foster is healthy in preseason...

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:11 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:Maybe Cameron provides enough threat to help Gordon from being triple teamed. I know Gordon is great but he is probably being over targeted. The Browns did lose.
Josh Gordon breakdown -

In the 4 games the Browns have won, he had 21 receptions 347 yards - 2 TDs
In the 6 games he played in they lost, he had 43 receptions 902 yards - 5 TDs

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:20 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:
greenwichsttavern wrote:Here's one more question then involving 2014: How many WRs go in the first round this year? Do we still go after the top RBs early in the first round or is more attention given to WRs who can score 300+ points per year? I know we saw Megatron and Dez Bryant going in the first round this year, but will we see more WRs going in the first round in 2014? How many could crack the Top 12 or Top 14 next year? Greg, I think the first round next year will be a mixed bag and very different then in yers past. A.P, J.Charles, Forte, Mccoy, will all be first round rb locks with Foster if hes healthy and Tate signing elsewhere also in there. I also think that Moreno and Lacey could be top 15 pks based on the offenses their both in. I think Manning and Brees are both first rounders next year unless people dont want 40+ tds locked into their qb position. As for wr's and te's I think Graham and Calvin are first round locks obviously and can see Gronk, Dez, A.J Green and Demarius Thomas all there too so thats what my first round or top 15 would look like as of now
I agree with most here except for Moreno and Tate being that high. Denver should find a better back or Ball emerges and Tate (top 20ish guy) is a good not great talent who cant stay healthy. You might have to put Luck and Brady up with Brees and Manning if things go right in the offseason. Id put Bernard in the first round with BJG becoming a lesser factor.
Aaron Rodgers, before Brady and Luck

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:20 pm

JETS SB wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:Maybe Cameron provides enough threat to help Gordon from being triple teamed. I know Gordon is great but he is probably being over targeted. The Browns did lose.
Josh Gordon breakdown -

In the 4 games the Browns have won, he had 21 receptions 347 yards - 2 TDs
In the 6 games he played in they lost, he had 43 receptions 902 yards - 5 TDs
stats can be deceiving i had an eye on that game and it was not garbage time catches , he was doing that while the game was close. the browns did everything they could to lose that game.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:35 pm

First round locks for next year not in any order:

1. Peyton Manning
2. AP
3. Jamaal Charles
4. LeSean McCoy
5. Matt Forte
6. Calvin
7. Julio

The other half of the first round will consist of guys from this list:

Brees
Lynch
Lacy
Foster
Spiller
Demaryius
AJ
Gordon
Dez
Jordy
Jimmy Graham

There are a couple of other guys that could jump up into this list. Guys like Moreno have too much of a threat to their carries to justify a first round pick. It will be interesting as to where guys like Doug Martin will go. I'm guessing second round early in the year and he will work his way up to late first late as sept approaches.

I think next year will be the opposite of this year. Outside of a few solid RB options, I think people will load up at WR early and we will see a RB run in the third and fourth. I think that 10-12 WR's will be gone in the first 2 rounds, 3 QB's will be gone, 2 TE's, and 10-12 RB's will go. I could see a lot of WR/WR starts next year with people hoping to catch gold in the 3rd round at RB with guys like Gio, Bell, and Murray. In theory you could start Julio/Gordon/Gio and then come back in the fourth with another WR like Garcon, and then take multiple shots at RB in rounds 5-12. Who knows how far guys like Ray Rice or Frank Gore will fall next year. Gore/Lattimore could be a great combo next year. Andre Brown/Wilson is another high upside combo.

Anyways, that's just some initial thoughts of mine.

Wayne

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:37 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:If Gordon was unstoppable and "trouncing the competition" the Browns should be winning too.
I could care less if the Browns win. We must be talking about two different things.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:43 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:
bald is beautiful wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote: This isn't Tecmo Bowl it's the NFL.
Crap, there goes my entire understanding of fantasy football.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:54 pm

JETS SB wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:
Aaron Rodgers, before Brady and Luck
Normally I would agree with you but Lacy brings a different dimension to the GB offense. They will be a balanced team offensively and thus bring down Rodgers high ceiling.