Where Would Josh Gordon Go Today In The NFFC?

Coltsfan

Re: Where Would Josh Gordon Go Today In The NFFC?

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:02 pm

This is why I love early drafts! There is no consensus yet. Every year the fantasy football community moves together on when players should be drafted but during the first few drafts there are no projections or draft boards to go by so picks are all over the place. I'm seeing guys listed in the first that I would think of as third rounders. Can't wait to get started again this year!

Wayne

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Coltsfan wrote:I'm seeing guys listed in the first that I would think of as third rounders. Can't wait to get started again this year!

Wayne
I agree with you Wayne....of course, the question was posed as who you "predict" going in the 1st round, not who you would draft in the 1st round. I listed 2 or 3 players I believe will be 1st round picks if the season ended today, but i wouldn't take them there. Similar to guys like Alfred Morris this year.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:28 pm

Gotcha Rich! I didn't look at the question that way.

Wayne

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:41 pm

Here is what I think will happen come late August (not what I would do necessarily)....

1. RB Jamaal Charles
2. RB Adrian Peterson
3. WR Calvin Johnson
4. RB LeSean McCoy
5. QB Peyton Manning
6. RB Matt Forte
7. RB MarShawyn Lynch
8. TE Jimmy Graham
9. WR AJ Green
10. RB Reggie Bush
11. WR DeMaryius Thomas
12. RB Eddie Lacy
13. WR Brandon Marshall or Josh Gordon
14. RB Giovanni Bernard or LeVeon Bell

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:48 pm

Coltsfan wrote:First round locks for next year not in any order:

1. Peyton Manning
2. AP
3. Jamaal Charles
4. LeSean McCoy
5. Matt Forte
6. Calvin
7. Julio

The other half of the first round will consist of guys from this list:

Brees
Lynch
Lacy
Foster
Spiller
Demaryius
AJ
Gordon
Dez
Jordy
Jimmy Graham
I can't see any way someone would take Julio in the top 1/2 of the draft. Another foot problem, and he always has something wrong. Don't get me wrong, the talent is off the charts, but if he isn't on the field...... :( I personally wouldn't feel comfortable spending my first pick on him.

Agree with the rest....however, I would be absolutely FLOORED if Jordy and more so Foster were 1st rounders. Too many targets to share for Jordy with Cobb back, and Foster......it wouldn't be shocking to me if he never played again.

I "double dog dare you to take Jordy" in the first oh....20 picks of Trendsetters! :lol:

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:13 am

xmasstory1.jpg
xmasstory1.jpg (35.32 KiB) Viewed 2706 times
BillyWaz wrote:
Coltsfan wrote:First round locks for next year not in any order:

1. Peyton Manning
2. AP
3. Jamaal Charles
4. LeSean McCoy
5. Matt Forte
6. Calvin
7. Julio

The other half of the first round will consist of guys from this list:

Brees
Lynch
Lacy
Foster
Spiller
Demaryius
AJ
Gordon
Dez
Jordy
Jimmy Graham
I can't see any way someone would take Julio in the top 1/2 of the draft. Another foot problem, and he always has something wrong. Don't get me wrong, the talent is off the charts, but if he isn't on the field...... :( I personally wouldn't feel comfortable spending my first pick on him.

Agree with the rest....however, I would be absolutely FLOORED if Jordy and more so Foster were 1st rounders. Too many targets to share for Jordy with Cobb back, and Foster......it wouldn't be shocking to me if he never played again.

I "double dog dare you to take Jordy" in the first oh....20 picks of Trendsetters! :lol:
I "triple dog" dare you. :shock: and you can't turn down a "triple dog" dare... :D
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:58 am

Billy,

I didn't say that Julio was a top half of the first round pick - I just said he would be a lock for the first round. His production is ridiculous so unless there are lingering concerns about his health he will be going in the back half of a 14 round draft. No way he goes top half unless it's just a random pick.

Jordy is probably a second rounder but I think he's much safer than Leveon. No even close in my book. Jordy's per game production when Rodgers is playing is way up there - better than several guys who are considered elite. People tend to sleep on him and if he and Rodgers are both healthy he will produce like a top 8 WR if not better.

Wayne

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:32 am

Coltsfan wrote:Billy,

I didn't say that Julio was a top half of the first round pick - I just said he would be a lock for the first round. His production is ridiculous so unless there are lingering concerns about his health he will be going in the back half of a 14 round draft. No way he goes top half unless it's just a random pick.

Jordy is probably a second rounder but I think he's much safer than Leveon. No even close in my book. Jordy's per game production when Rodgers is playing is way up there - better than several guys who are considered elite. People tend to sleep on him and if he and Rodgers are both healthy he will produce like a top 8 WR if not better.

Wayne
I gotcha, I didn't read that correctly. I personally would have a hard time taking Julio over more proven/healthy WR's like Marshall, AJ Green, Dez, etc. but I can't argue with the explosiveness.......he is a monster when healthy. He would be more of a DC guy for me.

As for LeVeon, he is one of the few "3 down backs" that has zero competition. I think if people are talking about Eddie Lacy as a 1st rounder, LeVeon Bell should easily be in that discussion as well. Bell is averaging 2 points more per game than Lacy, and is more of a focal point of his offense IMO.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:47 pm

The thing the scares me about Bell is his 3.3 yards per carry average. Plus one of his catches was for a large gain. Typically backs don't average 9.66 yards per reception so that number should fall closer to 6.5 - 8 yards per catch next year. (Lacy averages 7.5) Also, Lacy had only one touch in one of his games so that moves his points per game lower than it should be. Right now if I was picking between the two I would go Lacy. He just looks so much more powerful than Bell. I'll go with the talent and for me Lacy is VERY talented. And next year he gets Rodgers back and he won't be seeing 8 man fronts.

BUt regardless, I think that people will load up on these WR's in the first and take guys like Bell or Lacy in the second. With 3RR it seems like it will be a very good year to draft from the back end next year.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:42 am

I'd go Lacy over Bell and that's not a homer call :) but I do like Bell a lot. He's a three-down back and will get the goal-line looks. If the Steelers improve their run blocking in the offseason I could see him easily reaching Top 10 status among RBs next season. He's 11th right now in the NFFC so that's not a huge stretch to predict him to move up into the Top 10 next year.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich