Cutler Will Start In Week 15

Tom Kessenich

Cutler Will Start In Week 15

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:38 pm

That sound you hear is Josh McCown owners everywhere weeping.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Cocktails and Dreams

Re: Trestman "Optimistic" Cutler Starts In Week 15

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:49 pm

and tough to play Cutler with possibly an in game switch? Not to mention this is not particularly good news for Jeffrey either.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:54 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:and tough to play Cutler with possibly an in game switch? Not to mention this is not particularly good news for Jeffrey either.
Definitely agree with the latter, Chad. McCown has done a much better job of involving Jeffery than Cutler did.

I'd be concerned with Cutler as well. The last time he came back from injury, he struggled and got hurt again and McCown had to come in. It always comes down to your options but if I was a Cutler owner I'm not sure I'd wanna rush him back into my lineup this week.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TR

Post by TR » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:and tough to play Cutler with possibly an in game switch? Not to mention this is not particularly good news for Jeffrey either.
Definitely agree with the latter, Chad. McCown has done a much better job of involving Jeffery than Cutler did.

I'd be concerned with Cutler as well. The last time he came back from injury, he struggled and got hurt again and McCown had to come in. It always comes down to your options but if I was a Cutler owner I'm not sure I'd wanna rush him back into my lineup this week.
No better time to bring Cutler back then against the putrid vikings secondary.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:33 pm

TR wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:

No better time to bring Cutler back then against the putrid vikings secondary.
They play the Browns this week.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TR

Post by TR » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:38 pm

No better time to bring Cutler back then against the putrid vikings secondary.[/quote]

They play the Browns this week.[/quote]

Ah yes you're right...that should be interesting..go browns! lol

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:04 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:That sound you hear is Josh McCown owners everywhere weeping.
and Bears fans screaming out "Why?"

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:08 am

bald is beautiful wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:That sound you hear is Josh McCown owners everywhere weeping.
I like Trestman but do not agree with this decision at all. Yes I'm biased as a McCown owner but the numbers are clearly in McCown's favor. There's also plenty of precedent for QBs losing their jobs to injury so it's hardly uncommon. This year Foles took over when he outplayed Vick. Back in the 90s, Randall Cunningham took over when he outplayed Brad Johnson. And of course there are the Brady/Favre examples as well.

I think the smart move here is to stick with McCown. If you keep winning then all's good. If he struggles then you go to Cutler who should be healthy enough to contribute. I'm not sure why that is an option Trestman won't consider.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:09 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
bald is beautiful wrote:
I like Trestman but do not agree with this decision at all. Yes I'm biased as a McCown owner but the numbers are clearly in McCown's favor. There's also plenty of precedent for QBs losing their jobs to injury so it's hardly uncommon. This year Foles took over when he outplayed Vick. Back in the 90s, Randall Cunningham took over when he outplayed Brad Johnson. And of course there are the Brady/Favre examples as well.

I think the smart move here is to stick with McCown. If you keep winning then all's good. If he struggles then you go to Cutler who should be healthy enough to contribute. I'm not sure why that is an option Trestman won't consider.
McCown's 11-1 TD/INT has been extremely impressive.

However (like most things in the NFL), this comes down to $$$$$$. I don't know their salaries, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that Cutler is making significantly more than McCown. I have a feeling that has a lot to do with what is making this even a consideration.

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:52 pm

I also think the Bears as an organization are desperate to figure out whether Cutler is their long-term QB or not... and time is running out to figure that out unless they want to franchise.