RGIII benched

kjduke

Re: RGIII benched

Post by kjduke » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Official new trend - panic-benching your QB.

My prime champ team is victim #1 ...

starter - RGIII, panic-benched
backup - Bradford, IR
faab - Keenum, panic-benched #2
faab - McGloin, who knows?
Last edited by kjduke on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:12 pm

kjduke wrote:Official new trend - panic-benching your QB.
Benching players because you're afraid they might get hurt and then telling everyone on the team one player is better than all the rest and deserves special treatment and the rest of you don't matter so it's OK if any of you get hurt.

#Shanahanigans
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:00 am

JETS SB wrote:Is there anyone still actually starting him? If so, I am not sure how you made it to the playoffs.
He was a spot starter only at this point based on his matchups. The next two weeks against Atlanta and Dallas were both good matchups, so it was possible to start him. I have him and Alex Smith in the Super Auction playoffs. I was juggling the two based on matchups. And yes, I made the playoffs with these two fantasy "stalwarts".

In NFFC games, RG3 had games of 6.6, 8.3, 14.25, 15.1, 17, 17, and 18.35. That's 7 games of below average production, no matter how someone tries to "repackage" his overall statistics. He also had 6 games between 25.15 and 36.45. No games between 18.35 and 25.15. That is wildly inconsistent production (which was pretty similar to how he delivered the ball downfield). So, IF he had a matchup where he faced a terrible pass defense or a shootout was likely, he might be worth starting. In a head-to-head playoff game, I would not want to start him considering his gross inconsistency, the receiver injuries on that team, and now the overall mood of that team.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:11 am

JETS SB wrote:He had 7 weeks of 18 or less points. He had 8 weeks of 0 or 1 TD (plus the bye). He has ZERO rushing TD's.

These numbers don't cut it in fantasy, in this QB dominated format. Having McCown explains it.
Agreed 100%. When I go to the "Player Rankings" page, every single QB listed on that first page has an average ppg of at least 19.2 ppg. That makes 7 games of below average production when compared to even the LAST QB on that first page, Joe Flacco.