No waivers rule

Cocktails and Dreams

Re: No waivers rule

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:One thing I think is possibly something to look at (probably no way to make this work) is that if you are playing heads up vs someone in your league and you have some injuries you get 0's in that match up. That's pretty rough considering that is just within your league and only effects 2 teams who have played with identical circumstances the entire year. You could easily lose bc you had injuries when adds weren't allowed (and maybe he had a bunch of injuries in weeks 1-13 so he could add as many players as he wanted). That part does bother me a bit. I'm playing a guy who has like AP, Gerhart and someone else (MJD maybe?) so last week he took an auto zero at RB2. Didn't seem very fair. Hell, he even backed up AP! :?

That is a good idea, but the NFFC(incorrectly IMO) doesn't even allow pickups during the playoffs in the contained leagues. If they ever did allow that, then your idea becomes an ever better one.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:32 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:No, there isnt a single main event type race on the planet that allows them. Just contained leagues.
Ok... WHY though?

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:30 pm

Sandman62 wrote:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:No, there isnt a single main event type race on the planet that allows them. Just contained leagues.
Ok... WHY though?

Not sure on the reasoning of each place. Might have something do do with some of the reasons mentioned here, but I don't know the answer.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:42 pm

I guess that's all I crave - the rationale behind it. I'm sure there are valid reasons, maybe even beyond what's been mentioned here.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:16 pm

If I knew I could make waiver moves throughout the playoffs then there would be no "downside" to waiving my 2nd or 3rd QB, TE, K week 13 and scoffing up any possible backup RB that might help me if nothing happens to my QB1, TE1 and K1. Maybe that's why most of us carry at least 2 of each into the playoffs.

Pete

ChiTwn

Post by ChiTwn » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:27 pm

Sandman62 wrote:I guess that's all I crave - the rationale behind it. I'm sure there are valid reasons, maybe even beyond what's been mentioned here.
There could be a possibility of collusion. :?:

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:30 pm

Jersey Dawg wrote:If I knew I could make waiver moves throughout the playoffs then there would be no "downside" to waiving my 2nd or 3rd QB, TE, K week 13 and scoffing up any possible backup RB that might help me if nothing happens to my QB1, TE1 and K1. Maybe that's why most of us carry at least 2 of each into the playoffs.

Pete
exactly. can't see it in a national contest. you can just pick up anyone ? nobody can block your move like in your league ? so the hard work you put in the regular season can go down the tubes by matt shaub throwing for 350/3 this week. that would bother me to get beat like that. lets face the facts. yes skill is involved but luck is a big factor in this 3 week race.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:38 pm

I agree with everyone else - no waivers during the championship round. I have one team with Gronk/Reed so I'm taking zero's at TE. I'm fine with that - bad luck happens. I would rather lose that way than to someone who was able to make huge pickups week 15 or 16 due to everyone else in his league sleeping on players.

Wayne

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:54 pm

I see your points. I guess I was thinking that most playoff teams have pretty solid rosters, so there wouldn't be many wholesale upgrades; it'd be more for replacing numerous injuries. However, what I was forgetting is that not every playoff team has a good roster because of the possibility of H2H winners who weren't really strong in points scored for the season. Those teams would stand to gain the most perhaps and I agree that wouldn't be desired.

Thanks for being patient with me until the light went on. :idea:

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:40 pm

what is a good roster and what is a bad one ? if you get hot for three weeks then it is job well done. avoid injuries , have the right backups in case of an injury. don't have a snow storm or heavy rain and put up the pts then you have a shot. :)
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN