Jack Haan Wins NFFC 14-Team Super Auction

Greg Ambrosius

Jack Haan Wins NFFC 14-Team Super Auction

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:25 pm

This one is almost too close to call and results aren't final until Elias stat changes are in the books on Thursday night, but as of today Rob Silver of Toronto, Ontario has won the NFFC 14-Team Auction League by 0.09 of a point over Jack Haan. The combination of Anquan Boldin and Steven Jackson on Monday Night was just enough to give Rob the lead and the inside track to the $15,000 league prize. Jack would win $7,000 for 2nd place in what very well could be the closest finish we've ever had for a high-dollar league in NFFC history.

Finishing third and winning $3,250 was the tag team of Ken Magner and Jim Christie, while Joe Miller won the $500 Consolation Prize. Here's the final standings of this league:

NFFC Super 14-Team Auction League Championship Round Standings:
1. Butkus Dicks Rob Silver 578.99
2. Mighty to Save Jack Haan 578.9
3. Sack n Luny Super A Vegas Jim Christie 519.69
Ken Magner
4. Team Jefferson Joseph Jefferson 506

NFFC Super 14-Team Auction League Consolation Round Standings:
5. Haller's Heroes Joe Miller 617.8
6. Zef Super X KJ Duke 534.94
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

bald is beautiful

Re: Rob Silver Wins NFFC 14-Team Super Auction

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:26 pm

It might be time for an update.....

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Rob Silver Wins NFFC 14-Team Super Auction

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:06 am

bald is beautiful wrote:It might be time for an update.....
The Elias scoring change of Alex Smith's INT on Sunday to a fumble has changed the standings in this league. Although he scored only 8.35 points this week, the fact that Elias changed the INT to a fumble gave Smith a point he didn't have after Sunday's game. That affected this league as Jack Haan had Alex Smith as his starting QB and instead of losing this league by 0.09 of a point, he edged past Rob Silver for the title by 0.91 of a point. Amazing. Here's the final standings for this league and congrats to Jack, and sorry for the rough loss for Rob:

NFFC 14-Team Super Auction League Championship Round Final Standings:
1. Mighty to Save Jack Haan 579.9
2. Butkus Dicks Rob Silver 578.99
3. Sack n Luny Super A Vegas Jim Christie 519.69
Ken Magner
4. Team Jefferson Joseph Jefferson 506
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ForLoveOfTheGame

Re: Jack Haan Wins NFFC 14-Team Super Auction

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:53 am

Jack, how many wives/children did you take as hostages over the last few days to get this change?!?! I mean there was ONE change this week and it was the one you needed!!! :shock: Bahaha!

Big time congrats buddy!!!!! Was this the team with Calvin and Dez?

bald is beautiful

Re: Jack Haan Wins NFFC 14-Team Super Auction

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:07 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:Jack, how many wives/children did you take as hostages over the last few days to get this change?!?! I mean there was ONE change this week and it was the one you needed!!! :shock: Bahaha!

Big time congrats buddy!!!!! Was this the team with Calvin and Dez?
Yes, plus Gordon and the stud QB Alex Smith (that was for TK :D ). It was amazingly fortuitous for me to benefit from the one change. I found out about it on Christmas day, so it was truly an unexpected gift.

Feel badly for Rob Silver, though. I know how I felt for two days after losing by so little. He won this league last year and almost pulled off the back-to-back in one of the hardest drafts that there is, IMO.