What Will The First Round Look Like In 2014?

Jersey Dawg

Re: What Will The First Round Look Like In 2014?

Post by Jersey Dawg » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:48 pm

You guys are all forgetting several key players.... David Wilson, Victor Cruz, Eli Manning.... Pick them 1-3 and I'll have to settle to whomever falls to me at pick 4. :mrgreen:

Frozen Tundra

Post by Frozen Tundra » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Nobody is mentioning Knowshon Moreno here. He was the #4 RB in 2013 and is still the featured back in the most explosive offense in the NFL. At age 27, Moreno is in his prime and with limited mileage under his tires. I don't see Ball being the featured back in the Denver offense next year.
Moreno might not be a round 1 candidate, but he is certainly a round 2 in my book. I don't see how you draft guys like Bush and Ellington over Moreno.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:37 pm

Moreno's a FA after the season. If the Broncos let him go (certainly possible, especially if Ball has a good postseason) I think his value takes a massive hit even if he landed somewhere else as a starter. I think his value is boosted significantly by being in a Peyton Manning-led offense.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:36 am

Just finished going back and reviewing my drafts from this year. There are a lot of moving pieces still to be figured out this off-season with (Free agency, Coaching changes and Draft), but this is my initial ranking....

1. Charles
2. Forte
3. Shady
4. D.Thomas
5. AJ Green
6. AP
7. Dez
8. Marshall
9. Peyton
10. Murray
11. Lev Bell
12. Megatron
13. Julio
14. CJ2K

2nd Rd
15. Gio
16. Gordon
17. Lacy
18. Jordy
19. Lynch
20. J. Graham
21. R. Bush
22. An. Brown
23. Garcon
24. V-Jax
25. Vereen
26. D. Martin
27. K. Allen
28. R. Mathews
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:05 am

Marshawn Lynch seems a little low on some of these lists.
What more does the guy need to do?
He has no competition for carries in Seattle, on a run first team with good coaching.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:09 am

KenGill wrote:Marshawn Lynch seems a little low on some of these lists.
He has no competition for carries in Seattle, on a run first team with good coaching.
Shhhh. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:42 pm

i'd be hesitant to take Gordon in the first round, but if they hire McDaniels.... and get a qb..... is there a higher upside player overall?

TR

Post by TR » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:33 pm

I'm seeing Gio Bernard pretty high on these lists..I wouldn't trust him in 1st rd or early 2nd rd if Jay Gruden remains offensive coordinator. Even if Bernard looks great in preseason and we hear all the coachspeak koolaid...there's still good possibility he could be another CJ Spiller and if he gets even slightly dinged will go back to a timeshare...remember all the "running spiller until his wheels come off" hype...

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:01 pm

KenGill wrote:Marshawn Lynch seems a little low on some of these lists.

Lynch has high mileage, is a violent style runner, and has two talented backups. I am wondering why Ray Rice isn't even listed here. He will be 27 and is a proven PPR RB with not much injury history. A healthy hip will be a big boost.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:06 pm

TR wrote:I'm seeing Gio Bernard pretty high on these lists..I wouldn't trust him in 1st rd or early 2nd rd if Jay Gruden remains offensive coordinator. Even if Bernard looks great in preseason and we hear all the coachspeak koolaid...there's still good possibility he could be another CJ Spiller and if he gets even slightly dinged will go back to a timeshare...remember all the "running spiller until his wheels come off" hype...

Maybe so but Fred Jackson is a much more talented player than BJG and lets remember Spiller was averaging 20 plus touches before he got dinged up. Spiller had the opportunity but Buffalos O-line didn't give him any room to run. Bernard is a different style of RB than Spiller. Bernard could be an elite receiving back and Spiller hasn't shown that.