What Will The First Round Look Like In 2014?

The Franchise

Re: What Will The First Round Look Like In 2014?

Post by The Franchise » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:41 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Jersey Dawg wrote:I agree that Cj2K was a "nice" RB this year, but in the first round I see greater value eslewhere. If I wanted a RB at the end of round 1 I would most likely consider Lynch or Lacy before CJ2k (probably the younger of the two). I've been wrong more than right though....
I don't like him in the first round. Lacy, Lynch, Bush and Bell are all on my board above CJ right now and Vereen and Murray might be too. I'm hoping he falls to the third. I think that's a good spot for him. :) Just meant that if more people see where he ranked this year that could push him up and away from where I would be comfortable drafting him.
If CJ2K goes to the team I think he will if he gets released then late first will be stealing ;)
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:16 pm

:lol: :lol:
The Franchise wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Just finished going back and reviewing my drafts from this year. There are a lot of moving pieces still to be figured out this off-season with (Free agency, Coaching changes and Draft), but this is my initial ranking....

1. Charles
2. Forte
3. Shady
4. D.Thomas
5. AJ Green
6. AP
7. Dez
8. Marshall
9. Peyton
10. Murray
11. Lev Bell
12. Megatron
13. Julio
14. CJ2K

2nd Rd
15. Gio
16. Gordon
17. Lacy
18. Jordy
19. Lynch
20. J. Graham
21. R. Bush
22. An. Brown
23. Garcon
24. V-Jax
25. Vereen
26. D. Martin
27. K. Allen
28. R. Mathews
Good list but no way I touch Mathews in second round next year. I know he had a decent year but that is 2 rounds too high for me. Didn't you learn from drafting McFadden this year Nelson?

Did I learn??? I like drafting fast explosive players. I draft to win and could care less about finishing in last. If my goal ever becomes to finish in 4th or 5th place I'll be sure to get your advice.
:lol: :lol:
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:30 am

The Franchise wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:
Jersey Dawg wrote:I agree that Cj2K was a "nice" RB this year, but in the first round I see greater value eslewhere. If I wanted a RB at the end of round 1 I would most likely consider Lynch or Lacy before CJ2k (probably the younger of the two). I've been wrong more than right though....
I don't like him in the first round. Lacy, Lynch, Bush and Bell are all on my board above CJ right now and Vereen and Murray might be too. I'm hoping he falls to the third. I think that's a good spot for him. :) Just meant that if more people see where he ranked this year that could push him up and away from where I would be comfortable drafting him.
If CJ2K goes to the team I think he will if he gets released then late first will be stealing ;)
We will all salute you and heap honor on you to the highest echelon, Nelson, if you have a backfield of Chris Johnson and Darren McFadden next year and can still win. :D

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:16 am

Never said I want to own DMC next year. CJ2K different story Jack, I'll take my chances with him over S-Jax. :D

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:42 pm

The Franchise wrote:Never said I want to own DMC next year. CJ2K different story Jack, I'll take my chances with him over S-Jax. :D
Ouch. You got that right. I could have won the whole thing if not for SJax in the 3rd.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:01 am

The Franchise wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Just finished going back and reviewing my drafts from this year. There are a lot of moving pieces still to be figured out this off-season with (Free agency, Coaching changes and Draft), but this is my initial ranking....

1. Charles
2. Forte
3. Shady
4. D.Thomas
5. AJ Green
6. AP
7. Dez
8. Marshall
9. Peyton
10. Murray
11. Lev Bell
12. Megatron
13. Julio
14. CJ2K

2nd Rd
15. Gio
16. Gordon
17. Lacy
18. Jordy
19. Lynch
20. J. Graham
21. R. Bush
22. An. Brown
23. Garcon
24. V-Jax
25. Vereen
26. D. Martin
27. K. Allen
28. R. Mathews
Good list but no way I touch Mathews in second round next year. I know he had a decent year but that is 2 rounds too high for me. Didn't you learn from drafting McFadden this year Nelson?

Did I learn??? I like drafting fast explosive players. I draft to win and could care less about finishing in last. If my goal ever becomes to finish in 4th or 5th place I'll be sure to get your advice.
I believe Mathews and McFadden have proven to be what they are. Its a gamble on those guys that most of the time won't pan out. Mathews will go in 3rd round next year and most likely not live up to that value. Maybe you should take some of my advice I did out draft you a couple times this year :D . I look forward to 2014 young padawan.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:55 pm

You out-drafted me? :lol: So a couple of random Online drafts when I took DMC makes you feel that you out-drafted me. Now I understand everything. I didn't even like McFadden going into the year, but I'm not going to shy away from him in a couple of Online leagues here and there. Even with me drafting him I bet my teams outscored your teams...... ;) I can assure you when the big money was on the line I wasn't drafting McFadden.

Again good job in not drafting McFadden & Mathews and finishing in 5th place

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:27 pm

The Franchise wrote:You out-drafted me? :lol: So a couple of random Online drafts when I took DMC makes you feel that you out-drafted me. Now I understand everything. I didn't even like McFadden going into the year, but I'm not going to shy away from him in a couple of Online leagues here and there. Even with me drafting him I bet my teams outscored your teams...... ;) I can assure you when the big money was on the line I wasn't drafting McFadden.

We drafted against each other 5 times in 2013. You earned 0 dollars in those leagues and I outscored you 3 out of 5. So I guess I did out draft you Nelson. I only was champ of one of those leagues and your best finish was third. I earned $600. 2013 goes to me and I cant wait to see what 2014 will bring. You better study harder this year. If you are drafting randomly you should change your style its not a winning strategy.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:57 am

self awareness is a wonderful, if sometimes rare, character trait.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:26 am

David U Kennedy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:You out-drafted me? :lol: So a couple of random Online drafts when I took DMC makes you feel that you out-drafted me. Now I understand everything. I didn't even like McFadden going into the year, but I'm not going to shy away from him in a couple of Online leagues here and there. Even with me drafting him I bet my teams outscored your teams...... ;) I can assure you when the big money was on the line I wasn't drafting McFadden.

We drafted against each other 5 times in 2013. You earned 0 dollars in those leagues and I outscored you 3 out of 5. So I guess I did out draft you Nelson. I only was champ of one of those leagues and your best finish was third. I earned $600. 2013 goes to me and I cant wait to see what 2014 will bring. You better study harder this year. If you are drafting randomly you should change your style its not a winning strategy.

David I'm glad you made me aware of this debacle. My plan for 2014 will be to try to avoid any leagues with you in it. It's quite obvious that you have my number. One can only hope to achieve your level of dominance.