Time For Nominations For NFFC Hall of Fame

BillyWaz

Re: Time For Nominations For NFFC Hall of Fame

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:02 pm

kjduke wrote:
BillyWaz wrote:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:No you aren't going to profit more over time by being in more leagues if you are not a good player. You can lose far more than someone playing 5 leagues if you are not good.
I agree.

The fact is most people either...

A) Don't have the $$$$ to spend $20K+ (just a number that popped in my head) on fantasy football OR

B) They do have the $$$$, but either don't have the skill to make a profit OR don't want to spend the time that it takes to manage those teams/only want to root for one or a few teams.

I see MANY of the same names every year never cash in the NFFC or other high stakes leagues. Yes, they may be only in one league, but if they were in 5-10 leagues, I don't see them making a profit either.
With avg payouts near 80% you have to be significantly better than average just to break-even until you hit one of the overall jackpot payouts.
Very true! I can tell you that I am pretty much well ahead in the NFFC and have never won an overall title. ;)
Last edited by BillyWaz on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nails

Post by nails » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:04 pm

the profit issue to me, only applies with winnings in each individual league.. Not tournament winnings.. (those winnings are more luck then anything else).. but if you look at someone's career profits for the leagues they played in, then I have to agree with that. but if you hit one big payday with the tournament or any tourney, it skews the profit argument in my book.. anyone with 5 or 6 entries in a primetime championship tournament is going to have a good chance to hit a big pay day. it would be interesting to know (asking Chad this question because I believe he's won a major tournament. and chad I think your the best in the business so just to be clear). when you won that tournament and took home a big payday how many entries did you have other then the one that won in the same tournament? for all I know it could be zero.. but im just curious.. because when I scroll down leader boards in these end of year tournaments, I see people who have a ton of teams..
Bring it on .

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:06 pm

Very hard to quantify this. Even harder to pick out 3 to 5 people who have risen above the pack. I do have a few names in mind, but not all of them have the "stats" that Greg mentioned in the initial post.

nails

Post by nails » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:28 pm

I agree King.
Bring it on .

ChiTwn

Post by ChiTwn » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:57 pm

BillyWaz wrote: People who only manage 2-3 teams per year (nothing wrong with that BTW), really don't have any idea the work that goes into managing 10-20 or more.
I agree it is a lot of work managing 10-20 team. However, at that point this isn't just a hobby or for fun. It strictly becomes about P&L.

Basically, turns into a full time job/professional fantasy player.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:40 am

nails wrote:the profit issue to me, only applies with winnings in each individual league.. Not tournament winnings.. (those winnings are more luck then anything else).. but if you look at someone's career profits for the leagues they played in, then I have to agree with that. but if you hit one big payday with the tournament or any tourney, it skews the profit argument in my book.. anyone with 5 or 6 entries in a primetime championship tournament is going to have a good chance to hit a big pay day. it would be interesting to know (asking Chad this question because I believe he's won a major tournament. and chad I think your the best in the business so just to be clear). when you won that tournament and took home a big payday how many entries did you have other then the one that won in the same tournament? for all I know it could be zero.. but im just curious.. because when I scroll down leader boards in these end of year tournaments, I see people who have a ton of teams..
I cannot remember for sure, but I was pretty new to the NFFC so I believe I had somewhere between 1 and 3 teams that year. Was probably the best team I have ever had. I think I led the regular season and won the race as well. Nearly impossible to do, but just a lucky scenario where I got lucky on about every pick.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:11 am

King of Queens wrote:Very hard to quantify this. Even harder to pick out 3 to 5 people who have risen above the pack. I do have a few names in mind, but not all of them have the "stats" that Greg mentioned in the initial post.
Without a doubt, it's a process that won't satisfy everyone no matter what we decide. There are dozens of worthy owners we could choose initially. But doing nothing isn't the right thing to do, either. We have honored 3 top players in the NFBC through 10 years and nobody else. We may be too tough over there. In the NFFC, nobody has won multiple national titles like Lindy has over in the NFBC, but we do have some owners who have certainly accomplished a lot through 10 years and we'd like to start with them and add to the HOF each year going forward. If someone very deserving isn't picked in Year 1, all they have to do is continue winning in 2014 and their time of recognition will come.

I think we'll find deserving members for the first class of the NFFC Hall of Fame and more are sure to be inducted after them. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:32 pm

Chad Schroeder should be in the first class of inductees. Year in and year out he has competitive and winning teams in multiple national contests, individual leagues and in multiple formats. This is a no-brainer choice in my opinion.
Joe

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Money wrote:Chad Schroeder should be in the first class of inductees. Year in and year out he has competitive and winning teams in multiple national contests, individual leagues and in multiple formats. This is a no-brainer choice in my opinion.
I agree with this statement 100%. This guy deserves that special recognition.

Pete

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:33 pm

I believe there are 2 worthy hall of fame nominees. (there are others, but I think these two stand out to me)

Chad Schroeder - Far and away the biggest money winner of all time, despite the thought that he spends the most, it is still very difficult to win as much as he does. Its a no brainer in my mind.

Glenn Schroter - In the top 10 money winners of all time and I don't believe he was won an overall title, which is hard to do. He has been successful in nearly every format in the NFFC and he has been a consistent winner over a period of 10 years.