Trendsetters 2014

David U Kennedy

Re: Trendsetters 2014

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:00 pm

Coltsfan wrote:I'll give everyone something to laugh at. (I don't want the trendsetter folks to get all of the laughs...)

1.1 Jamaal Charles - I didn't even have to think twice

2.14 Drew Brees - None of the RB's I wanted fell to me and I knew there would be value at the 3/4 turn at WR so I took Brees and what is almost a lock for 500 points.

3.14 Michael Crabtree - He sure looked good in 2012 with Kaepernick. We'll see but I think he has upside

4.1 Vicotr Cruz - NY needs a line. I hope they sign or draft one this year.

5.14 Cordarrelle Patterson - I love his upside. He has all of the tools in the world and hopefully a QB this year.

6.1 Rookie 1. I went ahead and took the first rookie pick in the may rookie draft. Last year the rookie 1 was taken in the middle of the 3rd round. I can get the best rb available or if none land in a good spot Watkins will be enticing.

7.14 Steven Jackson - He's old and was hurt a lot of last year. If his wheels don't fall off he should at least contribute. I don't mind taken a RB without upside this late. Not many starting RB's left in the 7th round.

8.1 Martellus Bennett - It's a long ways back to my next pick and I didn't want to miss out at TE. Plus this keeps my team balanced where I can go best player and not have to worry about a position with my next pick.

Wayne
Love your start!! First 5 look great. I think a lot of people forget how good Crabtree is with Kap. Damn that Richard Sherman!! Wasn't there a better TE in the 8th than Bennett? Jackson could prove to be a good gamble. He just might crank out one more good year. 7th round seems like the proper place to take him. Crabs could easily be a top ten if he didn't face Sherman and Peterson for 4 games a year.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:06 am

Hey folks, could someone email me Rounds 3-5 or post them here? We'd like to discuss the results on our Sirius show tomorrow night. Thanks. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:08 am

Thanks to everyone who sent in the updated draft results. Much appreciated. :) We'll analyze Rounds 3-5 of this draft on our Sirius show tonight.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:17 pm

The original plan was to stop after 8 rounds and start again on Feb 21st. Instead, everyone was having such a good time laughing at my picks they couldn't bring themselves to stop. We are now in round 16. These latest 8 rounds (especially starting in round 11) have consisted of a lot of defenses and kickers. Here are my picks for these 8 rounds.... some nearly breaking the laugh-o-meter. From slot #4.......

9.11 - Steve Johnson - Not a big fan, but I do believe he will still be the #1 WR in Buffalo next year. He seemed to have a decent rapport with Manuel early last season before injuries set both players back. There is some speculation he could be a cap casualty, but even if that happens he should latch on somewhere and produce to this draft position. (WR 49)

10.04 - Hakeem Nicks - Again, not really a fan, but had him rated as the highest player left on my board. He'll probably sign somewhere other than NY and his landing spot will most likely have some impact on his productivity. There are a number of WR needy teams with decent situations, so it's possible he improves his stock. And he just turned 26, so he "should" have a lot of good football left. Obviously, this is part of the "guesswork" that's involved in drafts this early in the offseason. But similar to Johnson, I believe he'll provide value at the spot drafted. (WR 51)

11.09 - Stephen Gostkowski - He was the highest scoring kicker in fantasy last year and has been a consistent high scorer in that offense over the last number of years. I have him ranked as the #1 kicker again this year and he went off the board as the #2 (Prater was 1)

12.04 - SF D - SF was the 3rd D off the board, I have them ranked #2. It's probable they won't finish this high, but I feel comfortable they'll finish in the top 10.

13.09 - Shaun Suisham - I selected Suisham as the 14th kicker off the board. I don't have him ranked quite that high but he was the highest ranked kicker left on my board, when I drafted him, that's not a F/A.

14.04 - NE D - NE was the 11th defense selected. Purely as a defense, i probably wouldn't rank them quite that high as a unit. What makes them appealing (at least to me) is they get to play the NYJ, Buffalo and Miami offenses twice each. Unfortunately, one of those will probably occur in week 17. But that still leaves at least 5 favorable matchups.

15.11 - Tyler Eifert - A 2nd year 1st round pick who "should" take the next step forward. I'm not convinced that the change from Gruden to Jackson will benefit him, but I also don't see it as a big detriment. I do like his upside as the 20th TE off the board.

16.04 - Antonio Gates - This pick was made with the hope Gates has one more year prior to Green establishing himself as the #1 in SD. He had a nice bounce back year in 2013 and may have one more. Again, part of the risk drafting in Feb. (TE 22)

Roster thru 16 rounds:

QB: Brady
QB: Wilson

RB: AP
RB: Foster
RB: Rice

WR: Hilton
WR: Shorts
WR: Bowe
WR: Steve johnson
WR: Nicks

TE: Eifert
TE: Gates

D: SF
D: NE

K: Gostkowski
K: Suisham

I'm ok with this group, thru 16 rounds, in a 14 team draft.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:08 am

Gates was the 22nd TE drafted? That looks like sensational value.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:20 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:Gates was the 22nd TE drafted? That looks like sensational value.
Lots of emphasis goes toward youth in this league. Ladarius Green was the 13th TE OTB at 9.03.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:49 pm

BigBlueNation wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:Gates was the 22nd TE drafted? That looks like sensational value.
Lots of emphasis goes toward youth in this league. Ladarius Green was the 13th TE OTB at 9.03.
Aahhh!!! So that's it.....leave all the old guys for Rich...he'll take 'em :shock:

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:42 pm

we're in round 22. i think we're going to stop after 24, have the NFL draft (in MAY), then continue. I'm sure lots of us will be posting our teams after the 24 rounds.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:02 pm

We'll continue discussing this draft on our Sirius show Wednesday night. Jules will be our special guest and we'll be sure to ask her how badly she smoked all of you who let her draft Percy Harvin in the fourth round. :D
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Rob B

Post by Rob B » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:13 pm

Here is my team after the first 24 rounds:

Round Player Pos Team
1 Peyton Manning QB1 DEN
11 Michael Vick QB2 PHI
3 Montee Ball RB1 DEN
4 Alfred Morris RB2 WAS
9 Fred Jackson RB3 BUF
10 Roy Helu RB4 WAS
17 CJ Anderson RB5 DEN
20 Michael Ford RB6 CHI
2 Antonio Brown WR1 PIT
5 Michael Floyd WR2 ARI
6 Anquan Boldin WR3 SF
8 Markus Wheaton WR4 PIT
12 Emmanuel Sanders WR5 NE
19 Marquess Wilson WR6 CHI
21 Andre Roberts WR7 ARI
24 Joseph Morgan WR8 NO
7 Jordan Cameron TE1 CLE
18 Levine Toilolo TE2 ATL
22 Gavin Escobar TE3 DAL
23 MarQueis Gray TE4 CLE
13 Dan Bailey PK DAL
14 Jay Feely PK ARI
15 PHI DEF PHI
16 OAK DEF OAK

I just missed on adding Hillman as he went right before me in the 24th.

Michael Ford will be the Forte cuff and since Forte has already had a couple of knee operations...

Speaking of the Bears, I think that Wilson will be ready to be fill the WR3 roll this year. In that offense, I really like him as my WR6.

Joseph Morgan is a player I will try to add to every team until I hear he isn't going to be ready. He could easily post WR3 and possibly WR2 if he is recovered.

I am hoping that Sanders moves on to NE.

We will be having our rookie draft and then drafting our final six rounds after the NFL Draft.
"My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too!" BB King