I Think the talk about L.T can stop now..

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:41 am

Originally posted by Renman:
quote:Originally posted by chriseibl:
i definitely don't consider tomlinson even in the same tier as ray rice right now. if there ends up being a td discrepency (and we haven't seen it yet) it's so far and away made up for by rice's receiving abilities.

i accidentally included turner twice but i'm sure i missed a couple of guys i would prefer over tomlinson as well, i was serious about my preference for all of those players (of course, if we were in a league that allowed trades, i would trade tomlinson for all i could get, not for the guy one up from him on my list.)

i think lt declined sharply last year (they always looked more explosive with sproles) and benefitted from being in that offense... i definitely think his situation in a high-powered offense (even without much run blocking) looks better than his own talent. Chris,

I will be bowing out of the LT obsession threads because it is pretty clear you guys are not going to allow me to make my basic, simple, fantasy football 101 point without continuing to argue about it or argue against positions I do not even have.

We will agree to disagree. I believe LT has value and will be a productive fantasy football RB for the remainder of the 2009 season. You, and many others think he is shot and has fallen off the map. I think he as a FOOTBALL PLAYER looks fine, and borderline good though not as good as he once was in his prime. I think several things, that have nothing to do with HIM as an RB, have contributed to his productivity level not being as good (including TD wise) as we have come to expect in the past.

When he posts some 15-20 point fantasy games will you guys be here to talk about that? I am willing to bet they are coming. Having said that, I am tired of people implying I think LT 2009 is just as good as LT 2005 when all I have said is the guy isn't "done" and even with back to back below par games I have been proven to be right.
[/QUOTE]I'm glad you will be bowing out of this debate as your position on LT is getting embarrassing. n waht should have been a bonanza game for him he put up a whopping 8.3 points. In a game where San Diego blew out KC by 30 points. Were they still throwing in the 4th quarter? Sorry, another topic.

He failed miserably at the goalline. He had 2 catches for 2 yards. He had a 36-yard run along with 22 other carries for 35 yards. Please stop spelling bust with an "r" in it. He has NO burst. Name one other player taken in the first round who has done worse. He is the very definition of bust.

Oh, and fantasy football 101 - it really doesn't matter why your player isn't scoring. No points is no points. So pray tell what exactly you were "right" about? I'll be impressed if he finishes in the top 36 at the end of the year.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:43 am

i definitely don't consider tomlinson even in the same tier as ray rice right now. if there ends up being a td discrepency (and we haven't seen it yet) it's so far and away made up for by rice's receiving abilities.

i accidentally included turner twice but i'm sure i missed a couple of guys i would prefer over tomlinson as well, i was serious about my preference for all of those players (of course, if we were in a league that allowed trades, i would trade tomlinson for all i could get, not for the guy one up from him on my list.)

i think lt declined sharply last year (they always looked more explosive with sproles) and benefitted from being in that offense... i definitely think his situation in a high-powered offense (even without much run blocking) looks better than his own talent. Chris,

I will be bowing out of the LT obsession threads because it is pretty clear you guys are not going to allow me to make my basic, simple, fantasy football 101 point without continuing to argue about it or argue against positions I do not even have.

We will agree to disagree. I believe LT has value and will be a productive fantasy football RB for the remainder of the 2009 season. You, and many others think he is shot and has fallen off the map. I think he as a FOOTBALL PLAYER looks fine, and borderline good though not as good as he once was in his prime. I think several things, that have nothing to do with HIM as an RB, have contributed to his productivity level not being as good (including TD wise) as we have come to expect in the past.

When he posts some 15-20 point fantasy games will you guys be here to talk about that? I am willing to bet they are coming. Having said that, I am tired of people implying I think LT 2009 is just as good as LT 2005 when all I have said is the guy isn't "done" and even with back to back below par games I have been proven to be right.
[/QUOTE]sure, i'll be here, have nothing better to do

i know you're not implying you think lt 2009 = lt 2005, i'm just expressing my opinion that i don't have LT in my top 20 and I feel confident about that. i certainly respect that you do but wanted to point out that i don't think it's irrational at this point to have him down that far.

botherk

Post by botherk » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:08 am

So, what we have learned from this is never let Renman set you up on a blind date.

'She's got great personality. Comes from a great home. Great pedigree. Surrounded by a great family.

All the while avoiding the fact....She is ugggly!
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:43 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Renman:

[/QUOTE]I'm glad you will be bowing out of this debate as your position on LT is getting embarrassing. n waht should have been a bonanza game for him he put up a whopping 8.3 points. In a game where San Diego blew out KC by 30 points. Were they still throwing in the 4th quarter? Sorry, another topic.

He failed miserably at the goalline. He had 2 catches for 2 yards. He had a 36-yard run along with 22 other carries for 35 yards. Please stop spelling bust with an "r" in it. He has NO burst. Name one other player taken in the first round who has done worse. He is the very definition of bust.

Oh, and fantasy football 101 - it really doesn't matter why your player isn't scoring. No points is no points. So pray tell what exactly you were "right" about? I'll be impressed if he finishes in the top 36 at the end of the year.
[/QUOTE]My man 4d,

Please don't dissuade Renman from these thoughts. We need guys like him in the NFFC to feed the kitty.

Best regards, Bald.

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:35 am

quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Renman:
Billywaz,

At least your list is reasonable. I would not agree with Addai (who I own)or Slaton. Rice (who I also own) is debateable given that going forward I still expect McGahee to be in the mix and used on the goaline. Gore is debateable too.

However, if 14 is your number it only supports my viewpoint that LT is not "done" as some gleefully like to talk about (as evidenced by this thread even being started).
Renman,

Slaton and Rice are NO BRAINERS IMO, and Addai is very close to that too. Think about it like this....Rice scored 33 (I believe) last week. It would probably take LT 3 weeks to get that production. Not being able to score from the goalline that many times against KC IS a problem. Gore is simply WAY more involved.

Those 14 are EASILY on the list, and there are 6 or 7 you could make a case for.

And keep in mind, I OWN LT in a few leagues.

Saying though that he is a top 10 the rest of the way is a but much considering he has done NOTHING up to this point.
[/QUOTE]I am aware Rice is off to a huge start and had a blow up game last week. But those 33 points only count for that week. It is about what can be expected going forward. I don't expect too many more 33 point games from Rice. I think he will split time with McGahee at around a 70-30 split with McGahee getting a good portion of goaline. That is a problem if you are a Rice owner. The last couple games broke in a way good for Rice. Slaton is another fumble away from being out of games, and we all know TD's are hard to predict, so his value going forward could fluctuate since much of his production is on the strength of td's. Addai, though off to a good start, is in a timeshare too that is about 70-30. Mind you 2 months ago most here were saying Addai was "done" but now after 3 or 4 good games he isn't done...lol You mean Frank Gore who averaged 2 yards per carry yesterday en route to a 5 point game? This isn't me saying Gore is no good, but you can draw very clear parallels from Gores first part of the season to Tomlinsons. Of course there are a handful of guys who were taken in the later rounds at RB who are off to good starts.

As I said in my previous post... I only chimed in on the LT discussion/debate because a handful of people came here after week 2 saying "hahahha, I was a fantasy football genius because I avoided the LT landmine, hahahahah" when the guy was injured on a play and in a way that any RB of any age could have been hurt.

He is the main guy, on a high powered offense that currently is struggling with the offensive line. He will get most of, if not all of the goaline opportunities and just because they struggled in a goaline sequence yesterday does not mean they will forever struggle there. Fantasy football is all about what is going to happen GOING FORWARD and going forward there is reason to believe LT will be productive for fantasy football teams. You say he is a top 14 RB, I say top 10...

Assuming you and I are even close to right, that makes him a VERY valuable part of fantasy football teams going forward THIS SEASON.. and clearly not "done."

That is all I am saying and even those arguing with me are making it clear he isn't "done" this year.
[/QUOTE]Dude: C'mon. You are welcome to disagree on what you see. But comapring LT2 to any productive back is putting your head in the sand.
It's just not "there" anymore for him, the Chargers had it right last off season; they were going to cut him until Dean Spanos stepped in and said no.

They should have, and right now he would be in New England as part of a rotation...which would be perfect for him as a football player, but not as a FF player.

I wonder if after all those failed attempts this week he went to Norv turner and apologized for acting like a baby/ass last week when Sproles got an attempt...I doubt it.

3'

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:07 am

That would have been a fitting end to a Hall of Fame career to see LT in New England with the Lombardi troghy in his hands...maybe next year.
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:00 pm

Wasn't somebody saying like 3 weeks ago that LT will be better going forward?? Still not happening. The fantasy football regular season is already half way done! At least guys like Rice who have had a 33 pt week have been valuable. Those 33pts count in the total points column (and help one's chances to make the fantasy playoffs).
Like someone said, it might take LT 4 weeks to score that many.

Mankind

Post by Mankind » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:44 am

Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson totaled 12 carries for 22 yards during a Week 9 win against the Giants. His longest carry went for 5 yards. Tomlinson also had two catches for eight yards but managed no touchdowns. L.T. showed great burst after getting up on several 1 yard gains and great explosiveness after his two 4 yard catches. Coupled with his 56 yard BONANZA against the VAUNTED RAIDER "D" I would say he is a quality #2 Fantasy back, just saying

Mankind

Post by Mankind » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:51 am

LET IT GO....I promise you will feel alot better about yourself....
I tend to agree with Phil Simms.

"The problem isn't Tomlinson, it is their (Chargers) pathetic approach to running the football, it is as if they are only throwing in a few runs into the mix to say they tried and then go back to throwing it all over.."

Tomlinson's season is remarkably like Calvin Johnsons (is his career "done?"). Both got hurt in a manner that ANY NFL player could get hurt. Both have been used horribly when they are actually in the game. Both are held back (production wise) by their circumstance as much as their own talent. While some are sick watching LT run. I am sick watching the Chargers ram LT up the back of their pathetic offensive linemen in bunched formations on obvious run downs while almost never spreading the field to use him on draws and delays and screening to him to get him in space in the way they used to.

Keep in mind... the average yards per rush for the Chargers RB's when LT is NOT running the ball is about 2.2 yards. I suppose that is LT's fault too?

If Tomlinson changed places with Benson, A. Peterson, or M. Turner I assure you the numbers would be dramatically different for both players.

The environment around a player is hugely connected to said players production level. Swap Reggie Wayne and TO or Dallas Clark and K. Winslow and the numbers for the players would be massively different.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:35 pm

iT'S AMAZING when you turn 30 in the NFL at the running back position.I wasnt touching Westy or LT in any league and passed on them in 13 fantasy leagues and one td pool.How bout the guys taking LT over Chris Johnson always take the young Lion.
Portis was another were the wear and tear on his body was telling me he was done even at 28.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!