Where Are The Top Rookies Going?

Tom Kessenich

Re: Where Are The Top Rookies Going?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 09, 2014 10:09 am

The Browns paid $100,000 to conduct a scientific study which concluded Bridgewater was the best QB in this draft. They then took Manziel over him.

That's outstanding. :lol:
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Fri May 09, 2014 12:11 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:Bill's trade up for Sammy Watkins! Buffalo's brain trust is all in on Manuel and want him to succeed. Watkins looks like the best player in draft.

Manziel to the Browns. It makes sense and I am using my gut here. Manziel is of course the hardest player to figure out where he goes.

Falcons take the best OT on the board. My guess Mathews. This is the easiest prediction. Not a skill player but he will help many skill guys out!!

Detroit makes some noise here too. Or maybe they just draft Ebron at ten.
This was a pretty decent projection Dave, even if Manziel did fall to #22.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 09, 2014 12:20 pm

I said on our Sirius show Wednesday that the Browns would take Manziel and Bridgewater would go to the Seahawks at 32.

Well the Browns did draft Manziel and Bridgewater was the 32nd pick so I'm taking credit. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Fri May 09, 2014 2:37 pm

CALI CARTEL wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:Bill's trade up for Sammy Watkins! Buffalo's brain trust is all in on Manuel and want him to succeed. Watkins looks like the best player in draft.

Manziel to the Browns. It makes sense and I am using my gut here. Manziel is of course the hardest player to figure out where he goes.

Falcons take the best OT on the board. My guess Mathews. This is the easiest prediction. Not a skill player but he will help many skill guys out!!

This was a pretty decent projection Dave, even if Manziel did fall to #22.
I got pretty lucky. I was just so excited to see Buffalo be aggressive and go after Watkins. I flipped when I saw that they had traded up. What a fun night. The Bills are exciting and relevant again. Im not sold on Manuel but Whaley is. Buffalo has needed a GM like this since Polian left.

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Fri May 09, 2014 4:30 pm

I won't be drafting a single one of those guys listed earlier in the thread. Other than Johnny Football and about 3 other names, I didn't know any of the players who were drafted last night.

As always --- I'll live or die with the VETERANS. Call me the George Allen of the NFFC (for those who don't know him, look up his record. The best coach never to have won a Super Bowl or an NFL championship.)

Now that my fantasy baseball teams are sliding into oblivion --- bring on some Football!
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Fri May 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Pretty ugly draft for RBs. Maybe Sankey does something behind that great Titan O-Line? Hyde to SD is uninspiring!

TR

Post by TR » Fri May 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:The Browns paid $100,000 to conduct a scientific study which concluded Bridgewater was the best QB in this draft. They then took Manziel over him.

That's outstanding. :lol:
That is 2 funny...hahahaha

TR

Post by TR » Fri May 09, 2014 9:18 pm

Houston trades away Clowney rights and makes this one of the most interesting and deep drafts of recent memory!! I say they draft Bortles and Mack. Rams would be the Team here to make it happen.

Raiders screw up in draft as always. That's just what they do. Maybe they draft Evans and he is just another JJ Stokes.

I see Carlos Hyde going to Denver. They put mucho-deneiro into their Defense. A Lacy-like RB might be the ticket to a SB victory.

And finally why is Bellichick considered a genius? He drafted Brady in the 6th round. Where are they without that lucky pick and the Tuck Rule? Sorry lifelong Bill's Fan with a bone to pick.

These are just stabs in the dark I know but hey you never know.

GO BILL'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good calls but Bills gave up way 2 much for watkins...

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun May 11, 2014 9:49 am

TR wrote:

Houston trades away Clowney rights and makes this one of the most interesting and deep drafts of recent memory!! I say they draft Bortles and Mack. Rams would be the Team here to make it happen.

Raiders screw up in draft as always. That's just what they do. Maybe they draft Evans and he is just another JJ Stokes.

I see Carlos Hyde going to Denver. They put mucho-deneiro into their Defense. A Lacy-like RB might be the ticket to a SB victory.

And finally why is Bellichick considered a genius? He drafted Brady in the 6th round. Where are they without that lucky pick and the Tuck Rule? Sorry lifelong Bill's Fan with a bone to pick.

These are just stabs in the dark I know but hey you never know.

GO BILL'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good calls but Bills gave up way 2 much for watkins...
I don't think they gave up that much really. They traded next years 1st and a 4th. The trade with SF gets them a 4th rounder or possibly a 3rd round pick for Stevie Johnson. So basically they gave up next years first rounder which will probably be in the 20s if indeed they are a ten win team this year. Watkins talent is on par with Julio Jones and AJ Green. This is the type of move that could move the Bills into a playoff team if Manuel makes the next leap. The defense looks to be pretty good! Having 2 players on offense that can take it the distance at anytime will be exciting.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:16 am

10 wins for the Bills? hahahaha :D

I'm being generous in even predicting an upside of 9 wins; can't assume they'll win ALL of the games they "should" win:
1 @CHI - L
2 vs.MIA - W
3 vs.SD - W
4 @HOU - W
5 @DET - L
6 vs.NE - L
7 vs.MIN - W
8 @NYJ - W
9 bye
10 vs.KC - L
11 @MIA - W
12 vs.NYJ - W
13 vs.CLE - W
14 @DEN - L
15 vs.GB - L
16 @OAK - W
17 @NE - L

The only way that 1st-rd pick for the Browns ends up in the 20s is if the Bills end up the best of the dozen or so teams finishing around .500. More likely the pick is in the 10-15 range. 8-)