If you want to sign up for a super slow draft ...

got heeem

Re: If you want to sign up for a super slow draft ...

Post by got heeem » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:09 pm

gorgo wrote:These are 10 things that indicate you should not play the slow version of the Draft Champions 1 parking in the middle of two spaces 2 not being able to shut your pie hole in a movie theater 3 cutting in line is ok because afterall you really are in a hurry 4 fear that if you pick before your 8hrs are up the player you pick might get hurt or drop in the ADP 5 you believe that girl who just shot you down in the bar HAS to be a lesbian 6 you thought when she told you it happens to guys all the time she meant it 7 turn signals are a silly thing to have on a car 8 when your ex broke up with you saying its not you its me you think she is not lying 9 in kindergarten you thought paste was one of the major food groups and still do 10 you double dip your chips
No Greg I think to many newbies read this and said wow that's me .That is what scared them ! ! :)

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:11 pm

We have asked for the auto 2 button for years . This isn't something new .

morons

Post by morons » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:38 pm

-We are finishing the DC from July 1 today. Thats pretty good in my opinion.

-People complain about slow draft pace, they say they want a faster draft, but then the DC Express draft for Sunday has many spots open still....where are all the people who want to speed draft?

-It seems a new DC slow draft starts every day or two, so obviously there is good demand for it. I don't think any changes to the format need to be made to pacify the few whiners out there when these drafts fill up and launch pretty quick.

-I find it more painfully annoying to be in a Cutline, DC Express, Online draft, or any other draft where people are constantly dragging the draft by using the whole minute or 1:15 or whatever it is for every pick. It could turn a 2hr draft into 3, or a 3hr DC Express into 4. So what if the DC draft is moving slower than you'd like?? You can at least log off, go do whatever else you need/want to do. No one says you have to stay logged into the chatroom and bemoan the fact that someone is taking too long for their 31st round selection of a 4th string RB. If one is to say that it is "inconsiderate" for someone to take more than a few hours to pick in a slow draft (even though they are allowed 8 hrs by rules), isn't it equally inconsiderate to take the full 1:15 every time during a "regular draft"??

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:13 pm

got heeem wrote:We have asked for the auto 2 button for years . This isn't something new .
This has been something we've asked about for the last two years, the current Auto Pick system is completely useless for the end picks. The Auto-One function is fine, but once you reach the second of your picks, it's functionality falls apart.

MFL.com has a system where you have a pull down menu to set a separate list for each Round, with the available function to copy the list from the previous round if you wish.

But as the system is setup in NFFC/NFBC, if you are picking at the ends of the draft and wish to draft players from different positions, it's impossible to setup your list to ensure that you get players from different positions.

Having something similar to MFL would allow the end picks to Auto Pick much more efficiently.

edelman24

Post by edelman24 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:15 pm

I don't want to continue to chime in on this subject because nothing is going to be done to fix or adjust for anything but I just wanted to show how 1 person does in deed alter the timing of a draft.

I have been in a lot of slow drafts this year some with Dieztman and some without, a few weeks ago when this all started with him he gave his phone number and he was a little better as Wayne said, but better lately is instead of 5-6 hours per pick its down to 2-3 hours per pick. The issue is that it's literally every single pick and on top he was signing up for just about every league 29 of them to be exact (That's the real problem), so imagine slowing down 4-5 at a time, how do you even avoid him if you wanted too? There is never an opportunity when drafting with him to have a good flow to a draft, and while I agree that 14-17 days isn't terrible it feels terrible when you are in the draft that moves at a snails pace and you know it could be better.

So here is a good example, Morons just said July 1 finished early this morning I was in that draft, and I agree that was the best paced draft I've been in all year kudos to everyone, does anyone want to guess why that is? NO Dietzman, you got it.

July 2nd has Mr. Dietzman in it and we are in round 27 that right there shows the effect of 1 player and how it gets stretched out and extra 3-5 days.

I would love for a draft to be setup with all these like minded individuals who want to obey the 8 hour written law and just see if it would ever finish, I really would. :? I'm done now...

moyer1313

Post by moyer1313 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:46 pm

got heeem wrote:We have asked for the auto 2 button for years . This isn't something new .
That is correct.

This is the #1 reason I don't do slow drafts here or at the other place.

I hate being On-the-Clock. The thought that I might be the one that is holding up the draft for no good reason drives me crazy.

Not being able to pre-draft both picks at the turn is a killer for me.

Being able to set separate pre-draft lists for each round is something that was asked for several times. At one point years ago it made it to, "We're working on it" status.

I simply gave up and quit asking for it.

MFL (MyFantasyLeague.com) has this slow draft stuff down cold and is great for slow drafts. I'm getting close to having 100 slow drafts done there so far this year.

Not only do they allow you to set a different pre-draft list for each round for as many rounds in advance that you want to pre-draft, but they time stamp each pick, label each pick that was Pre-Drafted so everyone knows if you are pre-drafting or not, and they keep an Average Time On-the-Clock that is posted at the bottom of the Draft List so everyone knows who is taking a ridiculous amount of time.

Sorry, for the lack of spacing, I am apparently too stupid to figure out how to space it out correctly, but this is a cut-n-paste of the last few rounds of a slow draft that I am currently doing and the average times per pick:

13.12 156. Follow Me Jones, James OAK WR Thu Jul 10 5:38:58 p.m. ET 2014 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
14.01 157. Follow Me Boykin, Jarrett GBP WR Thu Jul 10 5:38:58 p.m. ET 2014 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
15.12 180. Follow Me Ivory, Chris NYJ RB Thu Jul 10 11:34:09 p.m. ET 2014
16.01 181. Follow Me 49ers, San Francisco SFO Def Thu Jul 10 11:34:25 p.m. ET 2014
17.12 204. Follow Me Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def Fri Jul 11 12:09:39 p.m. ET 2014 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
18.01 205. Follow Me Floyd, Malcom SDC WR Fri Jul 11 12:09:39 p.m. ET 2014 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

Franchise Avg. Wait Time # Picks
========= ============= ======
CoinFlip 39 minutes 18
Pretender 1 hour, 7 minutes 18
Schwetty 21 minutes 18
Draftin' from Dallas 14 minutes 18
Follow Me 7 minutes 18
Haterade 19 minutes 18
Shack 11 minutes 18
BustaCuts 2 minutes 18
Ginstwin 6 minutes 18
Train 12 minutes 18
NWJ 32 minutes 18
HoopTD 13 minutes 16

This draft started 3 days ago and is currently in the 18th round.

This is one of the faster drafts that I have done this year. There is usually a couple of guys that average an 1+ hours per pick which in 18 rounds would add another 36 hours to the draft.

The peer pressure of having each and every pick time stamped and your Average Time On-the-Clock displayed really helps move things along.

It also provides some context for when someone is On-the-Clock for 8 hours and you can look and see that he has previously pre-drafted almost all of his picks and was averaging 10 minutes per pick prior to this pick. You can then make a good guess that something came up because he had been doing a great job leading up to this point.

You can also sort the list by team and see what times a specific team is drafting at. If they have never picked before 10 AM ET, then you can probably guess that they are on the West Coast and probably won't pick tomorrow morning before 10 AM ET, either.

Being able to set a separate pre-draft list for each round will definitely speed things up.

I also think that time stamping picks and displaying the time, displaying whether a pick was pre-drafted or not, and displaying Average Time On-the-Clock will all help speed things along.

Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:11 am

Good post Mark and good suggestions. We want to be the leader in this format and if changes like this can be done by our IT department and can enhance these leagues then we'll definitely do them. I've already sent your suggestions forward with the hope that we can do this for next season. We're working on the new online draft room now and the Live Scoring, but if this helps us expand the growth of this market then we have to look at everything to improve our site. Thanks for the info and we'll see what we can do.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:19 am

Thanks for the post Mark, love the time-stamp and avg time on the clock features. :)

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:33 am

Reading about the infamous Dietzman on this board, I have avoided any slow drafts here because I have little patience for guys like this. I decided to sign up for my first slow draft in a long time at another site today, as the last guy into the draft. I got the owners list, and Dietzman is in the league. Oh, joy. Any recommendations how I can tolerate this guy?

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:46 am