Who will stay, who will hit the wall, and WHY????

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:21 am

Gekko started a post this morning regarding what players who have been first half disappointments that we think will turn it around in the 2nd half of the season.

Below I have listed THREE players at each skill player position who are playing above (most WELL above) where they were taken in August.

Out of the 3, which one do you think STAYS where they are, and which one do you think HITS THE WALL for the remaining 8 games???

The nominees (with their current rank at their position)....

QB- Phillip Rivers (1) Kurt Warner (3), Aaron Rodgers (4)

RB- Matt Forte (4), Chris Johnson (8), Steve Slaton (12)

WR- Roddy White (2), Santana Moss (3), Greg Jennings (5)

TE- Owen Daniels (5), Bo Scaife (7), Anthony Fasano (8)

I'll chime in later today, as I have to run to a meeting.

[ October 30, 2008, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

renman

Post by renman » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:31 am

Great topic Billy,

QB- I expect Rodgers to fall off some. I think he is not used to the physical beating and grind of an NFL season. I think the weather gets worse and I think Grant will get better. I expect Warner (if he stays healthy, which is a question mark given how much he gets hit) stays solid. I think Rivers will be ok given how bad his Defense is.

RB- again, assuming health is not an issue, I worry some about Forte (and I own him on all four NFFC teams). I think he could wear down given how much he is used. Johnson and Slaton do not take the same kind of pounding between the tackles. Forte does have a great playoff schedule however.

WR- I think Moss is a very inconsistent player and I expect him to come back down to earth. I think White is a stud and will remain one for a long time.

TE- I think Scaife value goes down some mainly because Crumpler is getting more looks.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:36 am

My picks:

QB: Rivers falls. He's good but he isn't an elite QB. Warner stays where he is as long as he can stay healthy.

RB: Forte falls. His production has been in decline for weeks. He may struggle to reach the finish line unless the Bears start getting Kevin Jones more work. Johnson stays where he is. He's the real deal. It's scary to think how good his numbers would be if FatDale wasn't there to vulture so many TDs.

WR: Moss falls. He simply isn't an elite talent in my opinion and I think at some point that will come home to roost. Both White and Jennings stay. They're legit studs.

TE: Owens stays. Best value TE pick of the year by far. Fasano keeps falling.

[ October 30, 2008, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:57 am

All 3 QB's fall ... rivers hits the wall.

If I had to pick a RB to fall ... it would be Forte ... but no wall for him.

Moss will hit the wall.

Fasano hit's a wall too. Still a viable TE though.
Hakuna Matata!

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:04 am

Forte had ALOT of touches at Tulane last year. IF he falls off this year, the amount of the workload will not be the deciding factor. More games is much more likely.

Hammerheads

Post by Hammerheads » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:13 am

Funny you brought this up Billy. I have Slaton in the NBC and I expect him to start to decline soon. He is too small to play a 16 game schedule against NFL defenses. If they had a week 8 bye like they were supposed to it would have helped him. He needs a couple of years in the weight room.