Ray Rice VS RAVENS/NFL

ulbkumn

Ray Rice VS RAVENS/NFL

Post by ulbkumn » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:13 pm

Last edited by ulbkumn on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ulbkumn

Re: Ray Rice appeal

Post by ulbkumn » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:31 am

Rice is one of the few offensive players that congratulates the defensive player after rice it hit hard. Ray judgement was impaired by drinking alcohol. It does not make it right but it does show that a guy who does respond negatively to being hit when sober is a good guy that made a mistake while impaired. He did not drink and drive then kill someone. He hit his finance who was just as violent to him while drunk. Ray Rice may never drink again or hit someone else again. He has learned a lesson and should not be punished the rest of his life for it. If he does do it again then ban him.

THEICON

Post by THEICON » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Yea I don't see how he doesn't win a case. Now will anyone give him a shot is the real question. With all the injuries teams need to consider it.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:17 pm

ulbkumn wrote:Rice is one of the few offensive players that congratulates the defensive player after rice it hit hard. Ray judgement was impaired by drinking alcohol. It does not make it right but it does show that a guy who does respond negatively to being hit when sober is a good guy that made a mistake while impaired. He did not drink and drive then kill someone. He hit his finance who was just as violent to him while drunk. Ray Rice may never drink again or hit someone else again. He has learned a lesson and should not be punished the rest of his life for it. If he does do it again then ban him.
Agreed, how a guy handles the situation says a lot.

Compare Ray Rice's response to a real a** like singer Chris Brown who is unapologetic and is still getting arrested every other week for some sort of violence ... there is no comparison. Yet media and celebs jump all over the Ray Rice and NFL is evil bandwagon while C Brown is as popular as ever ... why do rap artists and their music labels get a free pass?

Where does the governor of Minnesota and Pepsi stand on this guy? Why can a serial criminal like Chris Brown play venues in Minnesota, but Peterson should be banned? . Lots of over-reaction to these cases. Lots of grandstanding for one's own popularity.

The positive from all of this is that maybe a light goes off for some people who come from a more physical background but judging by the response from Reggie Bush, I'm not so sure we even have that.

ulbkumn

Post by ulbkumn » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:29 pm

ChiTwn

Post by ChiTwn » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Wow...pretty much reads like a movie. Except real life is much more creative.

Looks like the shitstorm has just started for the NFL.

How exactly do they uphold the suspension if Rice was completely honest throughout the whole process? Then again even if the suspensions is lifted, no team will sign him lest they want the wrath of Goodell.

ulbkumn

Re: Ray Rice VS RAVENS/NFL

Post by ulbkumn » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:30 am

36 have been accused of spousal abuse
7 have been arrested for fraud
19 have been accused of writing bad checks
117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at 2 businesses
3 have done time for assault
71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
14 have been arrested on drup related charges
8 have been arrested for shoplifting
21 currently are defendants in lawsuits
84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Im not talking about the NFL. This is a list of the 535 members of the United States Congress

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:48 am

kjduke wrote:
ulbkumn wrote:Rice is one of the few offensive players that congratulates the defensive player after rice it hit hard. Ray judgement was impaired by drinking alcohol. It does not make it right but it does show that a guy who does respond negatively to being hit when sober is a good guy that made a mistake while impaired. He did not drink and drive then kill someone. He hit his finance who was just as violent to him while drunk. Ray Rice may never drink again or hit someone else again. He has learned a lesson and should not be punished the rest of his life for it. If he does do it again then ban him.
Agreed, how a guy handles the situation says a lot.

Compare Ray Rice's response to a real a** like singer Chris Brown who is unapologetic and is still getting arrested every other week for some sort of violence ... there is no comparison. Yet media and celebs jump all over the Ray Rice and NFL is evil bandwagon while C Brown is as popular as ever ... why do rap artists and their music labels get a free pass?

Where does the governor of Minnesota and Pepsi stand on this guy? Why can a serial criminal like Chris Brown play venues in Minnesota, but Peterson should be banned? . Lots of over-reaction to these cases. Lots of grandstanding for one's own popularity.

The positive from all of this is that maybe a light goes off for some people who come from a more physical background but judging by the response from Reggie Bush, I'm not so sure we even have that.

first time i agreed with you all week. :D :lol: :D . the double standards are ridiculous. what rice did was terrible but do these sponsors and politicians start speaking out on there hollywood buddies or music pals ? do people throw out there cd's like they did there jersey's. when these politicians stick there nose in the nfl they should do it in other walks of life.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:21 am

BLACKHAND wrote: first time i agreed with you all week. :D :lol: :D .

At least you know I'm not trying to win a popularity contest! :P

My thinking leans libertarian ... I don't like meddling whether it's government dictating how people raise their kids, or the NFFC commish screwing with the waiver pool. ;) Too many rules, too many rule makers, too little freedom for my taste.