Week 3 Thoughts & Observations

afv

Re: Week 3 Thoughts & Observations

Post by afv » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:48 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:Not seeing the Starks love. I'm not arguing that Lacy looked good but I didn't see anything from Starks that made me want to see more of him. I wanted to see much less of him than we did. The Packers need to involve Lacy in the passing game. Run some screens, some checkdowns, get him in space, especially if he's being bottled up between the tackles as has been the case the first three games.
+1 as a depressed Lacy owner

Coots

Post by Coots » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:03 pm

I drafted Lacy knowing the first 3 weeks would suck..... He has played 3 of the best defenses..

He will have a monster game next week and be off and running. If for some reason he doesn't produce big numbers next week I will get worried..

TR

Post by TR » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:52 pm

The Franchise wrote:DT is playing injured so rather than waste a healthy Sanders on Sherman they just let Thomas take the hit.

I also think Mike McCarthy is one of the worst coaches in the NFL, but he gets away with it because Thompson is very good at acquiring talent.

I know the first 3 weeks have been bad match-ups for Lacy, but after watching him and Starks I can't help it think that he could be this years TRich.

2 things 1. Redskins run D is actually very good 2. The Eagles O-line went from one of the best to one of the worst with the suspension to Johnson and all the injuries. So it doesn't surprise me that Shady struggled to run the ball

I think the Seahawks got lucky. They almost gave that game away
Spot on regarding the redskins run d. I couldn't understand why a bunch of the fantasy "experts" rankings this week had Mccoy listed as the number 1 RB play...the Skins run defense been very good this season, alot different with kerrigan back in the mix. I mean Demarco Murray facing Rams defense he has owned and that gave up 144 to rainey...yet the majority of these "experts" rankings had Mccoy number 1 :lol:

TR

Post by TR » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:58 pm

It’s only September and a lot is going to change but be honest, given what you’ve seen so far would you honestly be surprised to see the Chargers in the Super Bowl?

I would be surprised...Rivers has been putting up nice stats in the new offense but I still see him as an AFC version of Romo. He just doesn't seem to have the "clutch" gene of fellow draft classmate Big Ben. Rivers will always find the way to botch things up with some bonehead play in the biggest games.

TR

Post by TR » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:25 pm

I was reading some people on Twitter talking about how Ryan Tannehill has regressed. Not sure how to tell you this guys – but Tannehill’s never been very good. The Ryan Tannehill Could Be A Star storylines have always baffled me. There’s just nothing about him that tells you he has the “It” factor all star quarterbacks possess.

Agree about Tannehill...was stupid for Dolphins to take him that high...never been impressed with him..tannehill is a turd who reminds me of Stiffler from the American Pie movies...

TheReckoner

Post by TheReckoner » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:41 pm

I don't think Lacy understands ROI...Would someone explain it to him?

ulbkumn

Post by ulbkumn » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:08 pm

QB Ryan Tannehill
Just finished watching coaches film of the Miami/KC game. Tannehill looked pretty bad the 2nd half of the game. He looked rushed to throw the ball when there was no pressure. That being said, his 1st half was really good. The dolphins right tackle is very good at run blocking but got beat on almost every play in the 1st half. The RB and TE had to both help in the 1st half to keep Tannehill protected. That means it took 2 guys to block one guy and one less receiving threat. When Tannehill was pressured in the 1st half he threw the ball away instead of forcing the ball into tight coverage. He went through his reads in 1st half and made some great throws. I only saw 2 bad throws in the 1st half but there was some defensive tips that caused some errand throws. In the 2nd half the coach should have calmed Tannehill down. He did not go through his reads and just threw the ball at his 1st read in the 2nd half of the game. TE Clay was open a lot in the 2nd half but the coaches did not make him the 1st read for Tannehill. Ryan Tannehill does not have a strong arm and just like Drew Brees/Tom Brady/Kurt Warner when they entered the NFL they did not have strong arms either. Im not comparing Tannehill to these great QBs. Im just saying Tannehill is young and his WR corps consists of Mike Wallace, Brian Hartlline, and Charles Clay. Put Tannehill on Chicago, Phily, Arizona, Washington or Denver and then complain about how bad he is. I would rather have Tannehill as a QB then Flacco and Im a Ravens fan.

TR

Post by TR » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:53 pm

ulbkumn wrote:QB Ryan Tannehill
Just finished watching coaches film of the Miami/KC game. Tannehill looked pretty bad the 2nd half of the game. He looked rushed to throw the ball when there was no pressure. That being said, his 1st half was really good. The dolphins right tackle is very good at run blocking but got beat on almost every play in the 1st half. The RB and TE had to both help in the 1st half to keep Tannehill protected. That means it took 2 guys to block one guy and one less receiving threat. When Tannehill was pressured in the 1st half he threw the ball away instead of forcing the ball into tight coverage. He went through his reads in 1st half and made some great throws. I only saw 2 bad throws in the 1st half but there was some defensive tips that caused some errand throws. In the 2nd half the coach should have calmed Tannehill down. He did not go through his reads and just threw the ball at his 1st read in the 2nd half of the game. TE Clay was open a lot in the 2nd half but the coaches did not make him the 1st read for Tannehill. Ryan Tannehill does not have a strong arm and just like Drew Brees/Tom Brady/Kurt Warner when they entered the NFL they did not have strong arms either. Im not comparing Tannehill to these great QBs. Im just saying Tannehill is young and his WR corps consists of Mike Wallace, Brian Hartlline, and Charles Clay. Put Tannehill on Chicago, Phily, Arizona, Washington or Denver and then complain about how bad he is. I would rather have Tannehill as a QB then Flacco and Im a Ravens fan.
A Ravens fan saying he'd rather have tannehill than Flacco? WOW :o

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:39 pm

Sucking after one good week to start the year ... off the bandwagon yet Tom ?

getalife

Post by getalife » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:54 pm

kjduke wrote:Sucking after one good week to start the year ... off the bandwagon yet Tom ?

What if my value turns to the color of my teeth?
Thanks for posting the pic because it's certainly amusing!
Does someone have the energy to reply with quotes several times to fill a whole page with that picture?
lmfao.
or just quickly scroll up and down several times to understand the effect between pics.