Rob Bironas

BillyWaz

Rob Bironas

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:55 am

He was always one of my favorite kickers. He was obviously cut due to $$$$, but it was a big mistake by the Titans, IMO.

Rob Bironas - K - Free Agent
Former Titans K Rob Bironas was killed in a single-vehicle car accident Saturday night in Nashville.
He lost control of his SUV while traveling at a high rate of speed, before crashing into several trees and ending up upside down in a culvert pipe ditch. Bironas, 36, was the Titans' kicker the previous nine seasons before being released in March. He recently worked out for the Bucs and Lions. Bironas was a first-team All-Pro in 2007 and had an 85.7 percent career success rate on field goals.

BigBlueNation

Re: Rob Bironas

Post by BigBlueNation » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:36 am

Dang, didn't know this. He was one of my favorites also. He had a very consistent career with the Titans, nothing flashy, but very dependable. Not to mention he hailed from Louisville while playing at always powerful Louisville Trinity High School, he was probably the best PK to ever come out of the state of Kentucky. Terry Bradshaw's son-in-law...
Last edited by BigBlueNation on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 am

Very sad. Tough to make sense of things sometimes. Really sad news.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Here I logged on expecting to see that he was signed by somebody in need of a dependable kicker.
Kind of puts things into perspective.
RIP.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:16 pm

And now the bizarre news that he left home in the middle of the night for no apparent reason and tried to run several people off the road before he crashed ... :o

Money

Post by Money » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:12 pm

If he could've stuck around one more week he might have been kicking for the Lions this weekend.
Joe

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:21 pm

kjduke wrote:And now the bizarre news that he left home in the middle of the night for no apparent reason and tried to run several people off the road before he crashed ... :o
Yeah, I just listened to the 911 call from the woman that he ran off of the road. Bizarre to say the least.

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:15 pm

Looks like Bironas was just another A-Hole in a league full of them. Just read the article on how he threatened two other drivers the same night of his crash.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:55 am

does sound like an a-hole. hopefully we will find out that he was on drugs or something...