Week 4 Thoughts and Observations

KenGill

Re: Week 4 Thoughts and Observations

Post by KenGill » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:52 pm

The best QB and player in the league, is not Luck, or Rivers. It is Peyton Manning.
How many super bowls has either Rivers or Luck even gotten to, let alone won?
Please.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:17 pm

KenGill wrote:The best QB and player in the league, is not Luck, or Rivers. It is Peyton Manning.
Please.
I never said that, Peyton is ridiculous and is the king until he hangs up the cleats. Still think Rivers is having a better football year than Luck, stats lie and we all know that -- even if you are a complete stat whore, at one point today Luck had 40 attempts for 183 yards, which is downright awful -- he turned it around with a few late deep balls, but 2 INT, and all-in-all Rivers was the better QB today (again).

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:26 pm

While watching the games today I just couldn't help but see how much better Rivers is than Manning, Luck, or any other player in the NFL. I cant remember the last time I saw a QB throw for THREE touchdowns and 288 yards! We can send our MVP votes in right now. It's all over :shock:

Wayne

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:56 pm

Coltsfan wrote: I cant remember the last time I saw a QB throw for THREE touchdowns and 288 yards!
And against the Jets secondary? Might be the first time ever! I think we might just put Rivers in the hall of fame tomorrow!!! Best player in football... what a joke. Rivers is a mediocre QB, having a good start to the season. 10 years in the league. Once he wins a big game, it will be his first.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:36 pm

You're right, the game being a blowout and absolute one sided affair had nothing to do with Rivers putting up a "mediocre" three TD, 288 yard performance. If people can't see how well this guy is playing the position right now, then I really have no clue what they are watching.
Go Big Red!

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:37 pm

KenGill wrote:The best QB and player in the league, is not Luck, or Rivers. It is Peyton Manning.
Please.
I'm not talking about the past just the now.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:40 pm

JETS SB wrote:
Coltsfan wrote: I cant remember the last time I saw a QB throw for THREE touchdowns and 288 yards!
And against the Jets secondary? Might be the first time ever! I think we might just put Rivers in the hall of fame tomorrow!!! Best player in football... what a joke. Rivers is a mediocre QB, having a good start to the season. 10 years in the league. Once he wins a big game, it will be his first.
Seattle don't count????????? Watch a Charger game. I have seen 3 of them. Rivers is the MVP by years end if he keeps it up.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:47 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:
JETS SB wrote:
Seattle don't count????????? Watch a Charger game. I have seen 3 of them. Rivers is the MVP by years end if he keeps it up.
I have watched many Charger games. Rivers is a whiney little b**** who blames everyone else for his failures, other than himself. He has had a good start to the season. Talk to me at the end of the year, after he throws 4 INTs to lose another playoff game.

And no, Seattle at home in week TWO is not a big game. Its a good win and the Chargers look like a force, but Rivers has proven nothing over the last 10 years, other than he is a mediocre QB.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:26 am

Rivers is a very good QB. Easily top 10 and he might even sneak into the top 5. Not on my list but I couldn't fault someone for saying he's top 5. I just don't get where all of this talk is coming from.

Last year he averaged 280 yards passing per game and this year he's at 288. Does the extra 8 yards passing per game jump him up into the mvp talks?

Last year he had 32 TD's. This year he is on pace for 38. Is this why he's in the mvp discussion?

Last year he had 11 interceptions and this year he is on pace for 6.5. That's a nice pace but we all know that there is a lot of luck that goes into interceptions. At least a third of them are the WR's fault.

Last year he had 3 fumbles losing 2 of them. This year he has 4 and is on pace for 13. Now the ball has bounced his way this year and they have recovered all 4 of them. If the ball had bounced slightly different and the opponenets had recovered those 4 fumbles would he be in the mvp discussion or would people be yelling out to bench him?

He had improved his completion percentage .8% from last year. So that does add up over tim to about 1 extra reception every third game. Perhaps that is why folks are saying he's a potential mvp this year???

The only other reason that I can think of might be his difficult schedule this year.

Week 1 - Arizona - they have a top notch pass defense as evidenced yesterday by Peyton torching them for nearly 500 yards and 4 TD's.

Week 2 - Seattle - very tough D.

Week 3 - Buffalo - Touch D against the run but definitely not the pass.

Week 4 - Jacksonville - what can I say?

Week 5 - NY Jets - even the Jets fans have to be embarrassed. That was just painful to watch.

I guess the fact that Rivers has had to navigate this brutally tough schedule, the likes of which has never before been seen by an nfl franchise, this must be the reason he should be the mvp this year......

I've probably hit my sarcasm limit for the day.... 8-) I"ll let it go now. He's a good QB having a slightly better year this year than last year. We'll see where he is a few weeks from now. Maybe he'll catch fire and this will become a good debate.

Wayne

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:40 am

Coltsfan wrote:Rivers is a very good QB. Easily top 10 and he might even sneak into the top 5. Not on my list but I couldn't fault someone for saying he's top 5. I just don't get where all of this talk is coming from.

Last year he averaged 280 yards passing per game and this year he's at 288. Does the extra 8 yards passing per game jump him up into the mvp talks?

Last year he had 32 TD's. This year he is on pace for 38. Is this why he's in the mvp discussion?

Last year he had 11 interceptions and this year he is on pace for 6.5. That's a nice pace but we all know that there is a lot of luck that goes into interceptions. At least a third of them are the WR's fault.

Last year he had 3 fumbles losing 2 of them. This year he has 4 and is on pace for 13. Now the ball has bounced his way this year and they have recovered all 4 of them. If the ball had bounced slightly different and the opponenets had recovered those 4 fumbles would he be in the mvp discussion or would people be yelling out to bench him?

He had improved his completion percentage .8% from last year. So that does add up over tim to about 1 extra reception every third game. Perhaps that is why folks are saying he's a potential mvp this year???

The only other reason that I can think of might be his difficult schedule this year.

Week 1 - Arizona - they have a top notch pass defense as evidenced yesterday by Peyton torching them for nearly 500 yards and 4 TD's.

Week 2 - Seattle - very tough D.

Week 3 - Buffalo - Touch D against the run but definitely not the pass.

Week 4 - Jacksonville - what can I say?

Week 5 - NY Jets - even the Jets fans have to be embarrassed. That was just painful to watch.

I guess the fact that Rivers has had to navigate this brutally tough schedule, the likes of which has never before been seen by an nfl franchise, this must be the reason he should be the mvp this year......

I've probably hit my sarcasm limit for the day.... 8-) I"ll let it go now. He's a good QB having a slightly better year this year than last year. We'll see where he is a few weeks from now. Maybe he'll catch fire and this will become a good debate.

Wayne
This post is so painful to read.