Week 8 Thoughts and Observations

TR

Re: Week 8 Thoughts and Observations

Post by TR » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:40 pm

And anyone who regrets starting Big Ben this week: Unless you had Kap and Big Ben, you can't possibly argue that Big Ben was a starter over your primary QB.

Ben was starter over Stafford.

Rog

Post by Rog » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:18 pm

I sat Ben for Foles (Arizona horrible against the pass and philly not running ball well)

I sat Ben for Brees
The colts were number 2 against the pass and had held teams to a 4 and 41 on 3rd down conversion over their last 4 games.(from what I heard)
the Steelers are dead last going into that game in red zone scoring percentage.
I will back my decision all day by the numbers (I also had Brady on my bench and started Rodgers)
Ben was on the bench in all my leaguse except 2 one the guys qb was Glennon and the other was kaep who was on bye.
for the record my son told me to start Ben

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:40 am

Frozen Tundra wrote:Speaking of quick falls, I think Doug Martin is the new Steve Slaton. Anyone remember Slaton?
Yes, I remember him. A few years ago, in the Magazine League, I drafted him and Ben Tate. They both got hurt and Ralph found gold with his last round pick of some guy named Arian. :x

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:18 am

TR wrote:Is there a QB who gets more passes batted down than Tannehill?
He's painful to watch. Just not all good. Never understood all the hype about him.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:32 am

Extremely intelligent decision by the Cowboys to phase Dez out of their game plan in the last quarter or so and overtime despite his favorable matchup against a rookie CB. It's hard to believe they lost employing such a brilliant strategy.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:34 am

Rog wrote:I sat Ben for Foles (Arizona horrible against the pass and philly not running ball well)

I sat Ben for Brees
You always start Brees so I wouldn't kick yourself for that. Foles also put up a lot of points so it's not like you started a bum like Tannehill over Ben. You started a superstar which you should have and a high-upside QB in a high-scoring offense with a great matchup. To me, those are the ones I can move on from quickly. Both of the QBs you started had big games. Just no way of seeing Ben's game coming.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

wiljiro

Post by wiljiro » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:42 am

Here's the bigger question -

What are you doing with Ben this week and going forward?

I'd HATE to be in a Brees or Ben conversation for the rest of the season - I know he dropped 60+ - but that's Drew Brees -

W
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:56 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:Extremely intelligent decision by the Cowboys to phase Dez out of their game plan in the last quarter or so and overtime despite his favorable matchup against a rookie CB. It's hard to believe they lost employing such a brilliant strategy.
Not sure how Murray only got 12 carries after the first quarter, either. He only got 101 yards on those 12.

TR

Post by TR » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:Extremely intelligent decision by the Cowboys to phase Dez out of their game plan in the last quarter or so and overtime despite his favorable matchup against a rookie CB. It's hard to believe they lost employing such a brilliant strategy.
That rookie corner did an impressive job on Dez...including knocking away that final pass on island with Dez. Not running Demarco Murray even once when it was 2nd and 2 after he had been gashing the skins all nite was much more puzzling...along with keeping Witten back in pass protection on last play of the game...smh

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:24 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
TR wrote:Is there a QB who gets more passes batted down than Tannehill?
He's painful to watch. Just not all good. Never understood all the hype about him.
We are talking about the same QB who has averaged 25.43 points over his last 4 games, right? Unfortunately, those were against bad defenses, but he produced nonetheless. His schedule gets harder over the next few weeks.

When a team scores two defensive TDs in a half like Miami did last week, his opportunities to get on the field and put up points in that half are severely limited. Not only is he not on the field, but Miami can get more conservative against a bad team.

As long as he keeps piling up running yards, his stats add up in a hurry. That he has certainly done with 180 yards rushing over the last 4 games. Is he good? No. Is he serviceable as a fantasy QB? Maybe. The last four weeks at least show glimpses of him being able to put fantasy points on the board.