Is Philip Rivers still the MVP?

CoMoHusker

Re: Is Philip Rivers still the MVP?

Post by CoMoHusker » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:24 pm

Speaking of Mr. Brady, I believe he has entered the MVP discussion. He's playing as good as anyone at the position right now (Including Rivers :lol: ) and has helped position his team to capture the #1 seed in the conference. Still a lot of football to go but he's been pretty unbelievable the last five weeks.
Go Big Red!

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:38 pm

Coltsfan wrote:No David, I initially thought that you might have been just joking about Rivers. It's like if I said that the Jaguars were going to win the Super Bowl - you would probably assume that I'm kidding around. But maybe you're right and Rivers will win the MVP this year. It could happen. :roll:

I will say this though. Whether I cheer on the colts or not has nothing to do with any of my posts. You assume that I am unable to be objective which definitely isn't the case. I bet if we put up a poll here about Rivers verses Luck or Manning or Murray, I'm guessing you would be in the smallest of the minorities.

So anyways, I'll let you have the last word here. I guess I really don't have to say anything else. You do a great job of showing how much you know without any assistance from me. I still think that you might be a regualar fantasy player who posts under some kind of alias making really strange claims just to make folks crazy.

Wayne

I didn't know my posts made you crazy or anybody else. I watch and gather and enjoy. Its my opinion and nothing else. I am just having fun and putting forth a statement. Ultimately I believe Luck will best Qb for next decade or longer. I don't over react to one game or inflated stats. John Elway is probably best Qb ever. Who knows what any one guy would do with a surrounding cast or in the New NFL. I am glad to see your passion though. Its what keeps this shit alive!!!

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:52 pm

Nope.. Rivers is not the MVP.

BRADY IS!

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:54 pm

CoMoHusker wrote:Speaking of Mr. Brady, I believe he has entered the MVP discussion. He's playing as good as anyone at the position right now (Including Rivers :lol: ) and has helped position his team to capture the #1 seed in the conference. Still a lot of football to go but he's been pretty unbelievable the last five weeks.
I think you are right. If the season ended today, Brady is probably the MVP. Manning a close 2nd. But I think Brady made his statement today.

TheReckoner

Post by TheReckoner » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:16 pm

Rivers was the pinnacle of the worst day of my fantasy life. For that Phil I thank you.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:18 pm

JETS SB wrote:
CoMoHusker wrote:Speaking of Mr. Brady, I believe he has entered the MVP discussion. He's playing as good as anyone at the position right now (Including Rivers :lol: ) and has helped position his team to capture the #1 seed in the conference. Still a lot of football to go but he's been pretty unbelievable the last five weeks.
I think you are right. If the season ended today, Brady is probably the MVP. Manning a close 2nd. But I think Brady made his statement today.
I agree Brady has been lights out. I picked him up for a dollar on my OC team. Where was Colts fan last week when they got dismantled by Pitt. It was like a JV squad playing a college team:lol: .

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:24 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:
JETS SB wrote:
I agree Brady has been lights out. I picked him up for a dollar on my OC team. Where was Colts fan last week when they got dismantled by Pitt. It was like a JV squad playing a college team:lol: .

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:42 pm

JETS SB wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:
Coltsfan wrote:David,

You really are serious aren't you? This isn't some kind of joke or sarcasm? It's hard to imagine that you would really even come close to believing what you are saying but I"m beginning to thinking you aren't joking.

You see, there is a difference between fantasy posting and reality posting. Most of us are much better at operating in the realm of reality while I would consider you an expert in fantasy posting..... :o

Wayne
Peyton had huge fantasy seasons while Brady won Super Bowls. But I am sure we all agree Peyton is a better QB. So what is the big difference here Colts fan. Your name should give it all away. Luck vs. Rivers. Marino vs. Kelly. Not a huge deal really but you like the sound of your own words I guess? My fantasy is a Orton lead SB. Otherwise I have nothing vested in Luck or Rivers. Its just one game.
This is hilarious. Making a Petyon Manning/Tom Brady comparison to Luck/Rivers. What a joke. Comparing 2 all time greats and then comparing the best young QB in the game to an average veteran QB who has never won a big game. I think you are right, Wayne... I think David posts dumb stuff just to get a rise out of people. We all know reality...
I didn't say Rivers and Luck were Brady and Peyton. I was correlating the arguments. Things have obviously happened since we started this "thing". Its easy to criticize Rivers after his worse game of the year. Brady and Peyton have proven to be the MVP's we have become accustom to. So now where do we stand? Luck will be the Fantasy MVP? Palmer will win SB? Peyton will be a close second in Fantasy and SB? Brady and company make their last stand? SD, Balt. or Cincy surprise and make a run? Its the NFL enjoy!! Stupid is as Stupid does. Be happy we can get a rise at all anymore without Viagara!

TR

Post by TR » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:33 pm

JETS SB wrote:
Move over Brady...Big Ben 1 ups him again with another Primetime Statement...now that he has Martavius Bryant look out! BEN ROETH MVP :mrgreen:

TR

Post by TR » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:25 pm

Ho Hum...Big Ben with SIX more TDs....TWO PRIMETIME weeks...kudos to Big Ben with the F.U. to Rivers(lol), Manning, and Brady...Ben MVP...WOOOOOOOOO :mrgreen: