People ditching their lineups

Coltsfan

Re: People ditching their lineups

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:33 pm

I have emailed owners asking them to submit lineups before. I don't see anything wrong with that. I just explain that the outcome of the game could affect the league and I can't remember anyone not being receptive to that.

Wayne

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:14 pm

Do you ever email when you would likely be the one on the losing end should they submit a lineup?

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:27 pm

Don Draper wrote:Do you ever email when you would likely be the one on the losing end should they submit a lineup?
Not sure there's a point here but obviously it's up to every player to look out for their own best interests. If the point is that I'm likely to benefit from the reverse scenario one day, I'm sure I will... albeit in a less important league.

renman

Post by renman » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:46 am

I agree with JetsSb that head to head needs to be a component in the mainstream contests. I understand there are many who play high stakes fantasy where they have countless teams and likely many DFS entries and they set lineups and check results later. It is hard to root for individual players or the flow of a game when you have Tom Brady in 8 lineups and are going against him in 8 others. These guys play in many leagues and figure their cashing percentage will be high enough to make the entries a good investment. Like betting on stocks.

For most players, the game vs your opponent is where the juice is at. Though obviously there is a luck element in H2H (which the NFFC addressed by putting so much weight on total points) there is incredible fun enjoying the action of rooting against your opponents player on Monday night as much as rooting for your own in a H2H game you need to win. The quitting on a team element is something I wish we could look at harder and address. Many ideas have been brought up. Some unrealistic some actually (in my opinion) could help.

I think it is completely reasonable to email other owner and ask them for the courtesy of managing their team in the name of sportsmanship and competitive integrity.