Just a thought.. (2015 major change needed)

Coltsfan

Re: Just a thought.. (2015 major change needed)

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:55 pm

I had no idea that free agency ended before the end of the season in private leagues. I know some of the other contests allow pickups up til week 16. I don't see any reason not to if there isn't an overall prize pool such as a national contest. I wouldn't increase the roster size in a 14 team league though.

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:21 pm

nails wrote:Greg..

yes, my request or opinion only has to do with any private leagues, or auction leagues that don't end in end of year tournaments.. I agree you shouldn't allow it in primetime or classics or even online championship leagues or cutline.

but in auction, or private leagues sponsored by NFFC, why not just allow pickups all the way through to the end

Don't give people extra money.. no need for more FAAB money, just extend periods out till week 15 (last week being week 16 of course).

it's easy to do and just makes things so much more enjoyable and competitive...does any expert in their right mind think I would voluntarily in a league worth 15,000.00 to the winner start drew Stanton against st Louis or Kapernick in seattle this week 15? hell I would have started GENO smith over those 2 guys, but I had no options ..

just a thought.. hopefully people would agree and it sounds like they do...Mike Weber.
Understood for private leagues. No additional FAAB. No increase in rosters. Just extended FAAB deadline for all teams through Week 15. Something to consider. Thanks for all of the feedback.

Just an FYI: The Super Auction is a 14-team league with 20 man rosters, so everyone did have a shot this year to add to their rosters before the playoffs. I understand that there were injuries AFTER Week 13 this year, but it's been magnified because you guys are already 280 players deep in that league. I'm sure the injuries are magnified here, but again since this is a private league the request seems reasonable and possible.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Rog

Post by Rog » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:54 pm

My only question would be if in all the leagues that are not part of a main contest would all the teams in a 12 or 14 team
leagues be playing for money of some sort? I would be a little angry if team 14 had nothing to play for and was making pick ups during the playoff weeks? Blocking a contending team from winning money.
Last edited by Rog on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nails

Post by nails » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:00 pm

only in leagues where there is a consolation for the final teams left out of playoffs..even if the consolation was 100 bucks.. so be it.. it's better then not being able to pick up players.. if you want to prevent against "blocks" then just make sure you have enough money at the end of the year to do that.. that's like arguing that a team got robbed from making the college football playoffs.. they finally made a playoff and included 4 teams which was a battle in of itself, so those that argue about their team not getting in is overkill in my book.. It's better then what they had previously.. baby steps!
Bring it on .

Rog

Post by Rog » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Ok blocking bad word. Preventing a playoff team from winning money because a team that was out of it decided to pick a qb just to do it.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:00 pm

you really do not play for much money in the consolation rounds so maybe just make this for the championship round teams.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

eliasond

Post by eliasond » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:51 pm

I play in the live auction league in Vegas every year ( no overall prize only league prizes) and I would agree with this suggestion. Also agree that it shouldn't apply to any contest with an overall national champion.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:56 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:you really do not play for much money in the consolation rounds so maybe just make this for the championship round teams.
I have no dog in the hunt, but this is exactly what I thought should be done if you're going to change it.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

nails

Post by nails » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:58 pm

BigBlueNation wrote:
BLACKHAND wrote:you really do not play for much money in the consolation rounds so maybe just make this for the championship round teams.
I have no dog in the hunt, but this is exactly what I thought should be done if you're going to change it.
not sure they can limit pickups to the playoff teams with the software.. you'd have to ask Greg, but yes, that would be preferable just allowing teams in playoffs to make pickups however as long as there is a bone for the other teams i have no problem giving all teams ability to pick up players.
Bring it on .

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:00 pm

nails wrote:
BigBlueNation wrote:
not sure they can limit pickups to the playoff teams with the software.. you'd have to ask Greg, but yes, that would be preferable just allowing teams in playoffs to make pickups however as long as there is a bone for the other teams i have no problem giving all teams ability to pick up players.
We would not allow non-playoff teams the chance to bid on free agents if they are not competing for Consolation Round money. In the auctions, if we made this change, only the four playoff teams would be bidding in Weeks 14 and 15.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius