National Fantasy Basketball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:40 am

Originally posted by jdobies64:
Greg, sign me up. Sounds good defending champ. We have the Thursday night draft (7 pm EST), the Saturday afternoon draft (2 pm) or both!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:55 am

orrect me if i'm wrong, but i didn't think you were doing this to benifit YOU. You were doing it because enough people requested it. They specificly requested you guys because , THEY FEEL SECURE KNOWING YOUR RUNNING IT :cool:

Thanks, and appreciate it :D
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

jdobies64

Post by jdobies64 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:55 am

Ah, being the good salesman! Put me down for the saturday 2:00 draft for now.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:48 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
This has no prestige.

Of each $650 entry, $50 goes toward the overall prize winner.

At 80% rake..."The Organizers" keep $130 of every entry.

I'll assume this is online...thus no "event" costs?

Wow.

I know you have your bills to pay...but that looks like a sucker bet to me.

I see no reason to enter at those numbers.

Good Luck!

~Lance If 80 percent isn't your cup of tea, play somewhere else. All of our online leagues are 80 percent as we still pay for the online draft site (MDC) and the stat service. I can't even find a back-end support system to do an overall basketball contest, so finding a contest that will guarantee the prize money is even tougher. We're just trying to build something here and last year 60 folks thought 80 percent was fair enough. Thanks for your thoughts Lance.
[/QUOTE]Ah, the good old "play somewhere else" line.

Good advice.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Milkman Dead

Post by Milkman Dead » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:08 pm

Nice job Greg. Here are a few questions and comments...

-Great to see there's an overall prize, but you don't want to bump the entry fee up to $750 to get more money going towards the overall prizes?

-Are we using 3RR/KDS again?

-Any chance of adding an auction league? I know that ESPN has a new NBA commish service that's free and supposedly you can do auction drafts on there. If we test it out and it goes smoothly, would others be interested in doing a $250 auction league?

-Regarding rule #4B, lineup submissions. Why must lineups be submitted by 1:00 pm ET? From a west coast perspective, I don't think this is fair.

East coasters are able to start their Mondays in a normal fashion, and can even wait until lunchtime to check and submit their lineups. Meanwhile, us PST guys who don't wake up super early must make setting our lineups every Monday morning a priority.

If the NBA scheduled early afternoon games every Monday I would understand, but they don't. Looking at your baseball rules, it states that lineups "are due five minutes before the first game starts each Monday."

Why is basketball different?

Thanks. I'm going to signup now. :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:06 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
This has no prestige.

Of each $650 entry, $50 goes toward the overall prize winner.

At 80% rake..."The Organizers" keep $130 of every entry.

I'll assume this is online...thus no "event" costs?

Wow.

I know you have your bills to pay...but that looks like a sucker bet to me.

I see no reason to enter at those numbers.

Good Luck!

~Lance If 80 percent isn't your cup of tea, play somewhere else. All of our online leagues are 80 percent as we still pay for the online draft site (MDC) and the stat service. I can't even find a back-end support system to do an overall basketball contest, so finding a contest that will guarantee the prize money is even tougher. We're just trying to build something here and last year 60 folks thought 80 percent was fair enough. Thanks for your thoughts Lance.
[/QUOTE]Ah, the good old "play somewhere else" line.

Good advice.

~Lance
[/QUOTE]Lance, I'm not trying to have an argument with you, but this payout is consistent with our other online offerings. It's 80 percent, which leaves 20% to cover our expenses for the commissioner service, draft software through MockDraftCentral.com, credit card charges, our time in running the leagues and God forbid a profit. What's a fair payout for YOU? 83%, 85%, 90%?? Trust me, nobody is getting rich on fantasy basketball, but if we can build something here through this online venture and we one day host live drafts in New York and Las Vegas over Halloween weekend, we'll all be happy that we started this at this current point.

If someone else is offering a better deal for fantasy basketball, then the market will go that way. For now, 80% for all of our online ventures makes sense for us and hopefully most of our participants. I certainly understand why it doesn't work for you and we wish you best of luck in a different fantasy basketball competition. Good for them and good for you.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:09 am

Originally posted by Evil E:
Nice job Greg. Here are a few questions and comments...

-Great to see there's an overall prize, but you don't want to bump the entry fee up to $750 to get more money going towards the overall prizes?

-Are we using 3RR/KDS again?

-Any chance of adding an auction league? I know that ESPN has a new NBA commish service that's free and supposedly you can do auction drafts on there. If we test it out and it goes smoothly, would others be interested in doing a $250 auction league?

-Regarding rule #4B, lineup submissions. Why must lineups be submitted by 1:00 pm ET? From a west coast perspective, I don't think this is fair.

East coasters are able to start their Mondays in a normal fashion, and can even wait until lunchtime to check and submit their lineups. Meanwhile, us PST guys who don't wake up super early must make setting our lineups every Monday morning a priority.

If the NBA scheduled early afternoon games every Monday I would understand, but they don't. Looking at your baseball rules, it states that lineups "are due five minutes before the first game starts each Monday."

Why is basketball different?

Thanks. I'm going to signup now. :D I don't want to price this too high and lose participants to increase the overall prize. Let's start here and if the feedback is that everyone would have paid more, we'll make that move to a bigger grand prize next year. My goal now is to get above five leagues and then use all of that additional money for the overall prizes.

Yes on 3RR and KDS. I need to add that to the rules.

Is the ESPN auction system through FantasyAuctioneer.com? I'd do an auction if demand was there, but if leary of online auctions.

We can have a later timeline for submitting rosters if the commissioner product we use allows it. I'll have Tom look into that on Monday and go as late as we can, that's for sure.

Thanks for the feedback and spread the word among your fellow fantasy basketball fanatics. We'd love to top last year's five full leagues. Thanks.

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:49 am

Greg im in and i know Dave Detterra is in also.
WE just need to decide what event.Also since its only going to be 5 to 6 leagues i agree with the above comment about raising it a little.I might have a couple more teams interested.These guys play in my home league and would love this league.Ild call ya when im sure who's in.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:06 am

how are signups going for this? is there a list somewhere? satellites still a go?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:11 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
how are signups going for this? is there a list somewhere? satellites still a go? Yes, the signup thread is in its own Forum at the bottom of our NFFC Forums listings. Things are going well and we'll start contacting everyone first thing next week to get credit card information, KDS listings, etc. We hope to fill up two main event leagues on Thursday and three on Saturday and we already have one satellite league full. Here's the updated list as of today:

This is the official signup thread for the 2008-09 National Fantasy Basketball Championship (NFBBC). We do not have an official Registration page for this event, so just let me know which events you'd like to enter here or at [email protected] and we'll take care of the payment once the leagues are full. Here are the list of options for the live events and for the NFBBC Pay Top Three Satellite Leagues:

2008-09 National Fantasy Basketball Championship
12 team leagues, Pay Top 3
CBS Sportsline.com will host leagues
MockDraftCentral.com will host online drafts
National Fantasy Basketball Championship = $2,500 for overall champion.
Each League Champion = $3,500
Each League 2nd place finisher = $1,500
Each League 3rd place finisher = $750

Online drafts will be held at two different times:

NFBBC Main Event
Thursday, Oct. 23rd, 7 p.m. EST
MockDraft Central.com
1. Glenn Schroter
2. Sammy Zahler
3. Yoni Bornstein
4. Eric Wong
5. Aaron Smith, Los Angeles
6. Ross Kandel, Woodberry, New York
7. Rey Diaz, Miami, Florida
8. Craig Kielinski
9. Jeff Kratz
10. Anson Chan
11. Rob Giese
12. Scott Newman
13. Stool pigeon
14. Scott Williams
15. Roland Beech

NFBBC Main Event
Saturday, Oct. 25th, 2 p.m. EST
MockDraftCentral.com
1. Jeff Dobies
2. Sammy Zahler
3. Yoni Bornstein
4. Eric Wong
5. Joshua Blumenreich
6. Lou Nemphos
7. Mark Lally
8. Jim Ferrari
9. John (Big Lebowski)
10. Anson Chan
11. John Paolucci
12. Scott Slack and Troy Pasley
13. Todd Zola
14. Michael Edelman
15. Jason Santucci
16. Chris Hill
17. Eddie Gillis
18. David Deterra (tentative)
19. Jason Shapiro
20. Jeff Meyer

NFBBC SATELLITE LEAGUES
$250 League
First Place: $1,550
Second Place: $600
Third Place: $250

$125 League
First Place: $775
Second Place: $300
Third Place: $125

NFBBC Satellite League
$125 Pay Top 3, Tuesday, Oct. 21st, 7 p.m. EST
MockDraftCentral.com
1. Bill Cleavenger
2. John Lemon
3. Randy Barbour
4. Marc Quitsch
5. Kris Kcira
6. Scott Newman
7. Jeff Jamieson
8. Patrick Owens
9. Anthony Cincotta
10. Rick Thomas
11. Dennis Salisbury
12. Greg Schoen
13. Chris Hill

NFBBC Satellite League
$125 Pay Top 3, Wednesday, Oct. 22nd, 7 p.m. EST
MockDraftCentral.com
1. Aaron Yuhasz

[ October 08, 2008, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]