National Fantasy Basketball Championship

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:19 am

I've never done fantasy basketball before but was thinking about a $125 satellite. Couple questions for anyone reading this:

1. Is it anywhere near the fun of fantasy baseball or football if you like the NBA (but don't follow it as closely as MLB or NFL)

2. Are the leagues 15 teams?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:55 am

Originally posted by rkulaski:
I've never done fantasy basketball before but was thinking about a $125 satellite. Couple questions for anyone reading this:

1. Is it anywhere near the fun of fantasy baseball or football if you like the NBA (but don't follow it as closely as MLB or NFL)

2. Are the leagues 15 teams? 1. Loads of fun if you enjoy basketball. I had Kobe a couple of years ago when he put up 81 against the Raptors -- what a thrill to watch that game knowing he was on my team. Also a great way to learn about the 8- or 9-man rotations of every team in the league.

2. Leagues consist of 12 owners with 16-man rosters. C-C-F-F-F-F-G-G-G-G-UT-UT for starters and 4 bench spots.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:57 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by rkulaski:

2. Are the leagues 15 teams? 1. Loads of fun if you enjoy basketball. I had Kobe a couple of years ago when he put up 81 against the Raptors -- what a thrill to watch that game knowing he was on my team. Also a great way to learn about the 8- or 9-man rotations of every team in the league.

2. Leagues consist of 12 owners with 16-man rosters. C-C-F-F-F-F-G-G-G-G-UT-UT for starters and 4 bench spots.
[/QUOTE]How can anyone be good in all those sports? Glenn you have too much time on your hands. :D

John

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:25 am

yeah i love fantasy basketball, almost as much as football.

robg199

Post by robg199 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:00 pm

I have to say that basketball ranks up there with baseball for me lately if you enjoy the roto aspect of it. Tried running a basketball league in like 1992 where we figured out a point system using the USA today stats out of the newspaper and it just didn't work as football did, so we quit doing. But a few years or so ago when roto leagues became available online for bball, it made the NBA games that much better.

Now I am not saying I am that good at the NBA leagues, but the game is definitely exciting and Greg and Tom have put together a nice contest.

It will also make you look at Rasho Nesterovic in the same light as picking up a Ruben Droughns in your league championship game or Taylor Teagarden in the last three weeks of your baseball league.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:36 am

Okay, we're still looking for two more owners next week for our main event, so I thought one last post on this Forum would help.

Here's the latest update: We have two full leagues for Saturday's main event and Tom has already announced those draft picks. Thanks all. We also filled up one $125 satellite league for next Tuesday and the draft order for that one has also been announced. Good luck all.

Scott Keikoan has agreed to join us on Thursday night, so that gives us 22 owners for Thursday night. We have TWO spots left for a second full league. Let us know if you're interested and we'll get you in right away. We do have at least one more interested owner, so we're close. Our goal is to fill these spots this weekend and announce the draft order on Monday. Thanks all for your patience and this will be fun.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:02 pm

Greg, I'm checking with my hoops partner who did this with me last year...I watch NO NBA, so without him I would be a donation, but if he wants to do it, then we'll be in...
@RedRyder

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:17 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
Greg, I'm checking with my hoops partner who did this with me last year...I watch NO NBA, so without him I would be a donation, but if he wants to do it, then we'll be in... Sounds good Jules. We'd love to have ya. Just e-mail me or Tom as believe it or not both of us will be at Lambeau Field together on Sunday. Should be fun.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

menobrown

Post by menobrown » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:18 pm

I just found out about this. Am I to late? Would be happy to join if I can.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:50 am

Originally posted by menobrown:
I just found out about this. Am I to late? Would be happy to join if I can. We have four full main event leagues already, but I'm trying to fill up one more league on Saturday at 2 ET. E-mail me at [email protected] if you're not on the list already and we'll see how close we can come to filling this. I'd need 12 owners by Thursday afternoon to get this set up.

by the way, we use 3RR/KDS in this league.

Here's the current signup list:

NFBBC MAIN EVENT
Saturday, Oct. 25th, 2 p.m. ET

1. Michael Holt
2. Joe DiGalbo
3. Jules McLean
4. Michael Cobb
5. Ryan Berger
6. Rick Thomas

[ October 22, 2008, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]