Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:38 pm

Gigantic blow to the Panthers.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KenGill

Re: Kelvin Benjamin Torn ACL

Post by KenGill » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:55 pm

....and a gigantic blow to anyone who drafted him.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

TR

Post by TR » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:51 pm

I hope those ppl that drafted Benjamin in these early drafts got their fantasy insurance

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:57 pm

I have him AND Cam on a few teams! :cry:

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:48 pm

Funchess now out with a hammy as well!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:57 pm

Have you ever seen a more harmless cut that resulted in a torn ACL? I mean, it wasn't a violent sprint 20 yards, plant on Astroturf and blow out a knee kind of move. It was almost three-quarters speed, a little cut and he's down. I know he was in pain, but I didn't expect it to be a torn ACL.

Huge blow to the Panthers. It causes a ripple effect on values to Greg Olson (up), Cam Newton (down), Jonathan Stewart (who knows) and Devin Funchess (way up).

I think it also affects the first round and we'll talk about it on our show tonight. I think the top tier WRs (of which there are 9) are going to go earlier because that second tier from 9-18 are iffy now. Benjamin was the 16th WR being taken and he's gone. Alshon Jefferey is hurt. Mike Evans has QB issues. DeAndre Hopkins has QB issues. If you take an RB early, you might not like the choices at WR coming back.

I might be wrong, but I can see the WRs moving up in picks 1-16.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:43 pm

Glad I haven't drafted him already. I hate seeing that happen to a young up and coming player like that.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:49 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Jonathan Stewart (who knows)
I would think the Panthers will want to run the ball roughly 350 times a game now.

Which probably means JStew will get hurt in the first quarter due to the heavy workload.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TR

Post by TR » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:49 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Have you ever seen a more harmless cut that resulted in a torn ACL? I mean, it wasn't a violent sprint 20 yards, plant on Astroturf and blow out a knee kind of move. It was almost three-quarters speed, a little cut and he's down. I know he was in pain, but I didn't expect it to be a torn ACL.

Huge blow to the Panthers. It causes a ripple effect on values to Greg Olson (up), Cam Newton (down), Jonathan Stewart (who knows) and Devin Funchess (way up).

I think it also affects the first round and we'll talk about it on our show tonight. I think the top tier WRs (of which there are 9) are going to go earlier because that second tier from 9-18 are iffy now. Benjamin was the 16th WR being taken and he's gone. Alshon Jefferey is hurt. Mike Evans has QB issues. DeAndre Hopkins has QB issues. If you take an RB early, you might not like the choices at WR coming back.

I might be wrong, but I can see the WRs moving up in picks 1-16.
What about Reggie Wayne's value? He's out there... ;)

kingraiders

Post by kingraiders » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:47 am

They should go get TO and ochocinco :)

Kelvin, Spiller, K. White, Ertz, Shady, plus many other dinged up folks and we've only been thru 1 week of pre season games...