3RR In The NFFC: Necessary Or Unnecessary Evil?

Tom Kessenich

Re: 3RR In The NFFC: Necessary Or Unnecessary Evil?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:57 am

It's worth nothing that all of the high-stakes contests in the industry have aspects that are specific to their contest only. We have 3RR/KDS, others have unique scoring for certain positions and others have different starting lineup configurations. What no one has ever answered to my satisfaction is why Niche A isn't a problem for people but Niche B is.

Like Greg said, I think the results and positive impact of 3RR have stood the test of time but if it somehow is obstructing our ability to grow our contest more we have to look into that. So keep the discussion coming. Lots of good stuff here. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:07 pm

Do you want to know what a problem is? A problem is having a one game playoff during bye weeks. In my opinion that is the biggest problem of all. The nffc has the best playoff structure out of them all.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

driftin

Post by driftin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Agreed Blackhand why I think if they eliminate the gimmicks they might surpass all the other contests at this price point.

TheReckoner

Post by TheReckoner » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:31 pm

driftin wrote:I am just saying it is worthless to me for the most part because by the time I get to a computer to set it has already run in the onlines. Furthermore, they are interested in attracting new customers and new guys will just go to contests where it is easy.
I assumed those that came to the NFFC wanted to compete with the best. Every extra nuance of skill is what makes the product better.... There are games for the non thinking man.. the 10 team standard over at espn.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:34 pm

driftin wrote:Agreed Blackhand why I think if they eliminate the gimmicks they might surpass all the other contests at this price point.
Just so my words are not mistaken...I like 3rr and kds
Last edited by BLACKHAND on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

driftin

Post by driftin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:34 pm

I think most of the people that support the gimmick aspect aren't really interested in the contest growing. I think they would prefer the smaller contest size. I get that too less teams to compete against, my posts are strictly in response to Greg and Tom wondering why their 350 price point contest doesn't grow with new customers at the same rate as their competitors.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:35 pm

Again, what I'm curious to know is why is 3RR considered a "gimmick" but contests with other non-traditional aspects are not. That doesn't make any sense to me. Never has.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

driftin

Post by driftin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:37 pm

Lol I am not worried about competing against the best. I will do just fine there. I actually love the NFFC and show my love with my money quite frequently.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:38 pm

driftin wrote:I think most of the people that support the gimmick aspect aren't really interested in the contest growing. I think they would prefer the smaller contest size. I get that too less teams to compete against, my posts are strictly in response to Greg and Tom wondering why their 350 price point contest doesn't grow with new customers at the same rate as their competitors.
The Online Championship has grown every year since we first created it. Now if you want to say it could grow more that's a worthy topic of discussion. But it's incorrect to suggest the contest hasn't grown or is stagnant. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

driftin

Post by driftin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:39 pm

Again it is what the masses think and the masses are spending their money other places and yes it is a gimmick.