Scott Newman

BLACKHAND

Re: Scott Newman

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:55 pm

Scott was such a great humble guy. It was only two months ago we were having a beer laughing about football stuff. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:32 pm

This is absolutely horrible news.

Scott was a great guy who I saw each year, and we talked frequently over the summer as well. He used to always downplay his fantasy success, and used to tell me that he couldn't beat me in fantasy. Well....he sure is doing a good job of beating me in leagues we are against each other this year.

We lost a great, great player and person in the fantasy community today.......you will be missed. :(

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:02 pm

Terrible news. Scott was a very nice person to chat with at the live drafts, and in a game where bravado is often displayed by those who haven't earned it, his humility as a great player made him stand out in comparison. I always thought it was great how he'd bring his family to the live events to enjoy and be a part of the experience with him. Prayers and condolences to them all. I am so sorry.

Live life to fullest every single day.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:04 pm

Great man and father. Bringing his daughters nearly every year inspired me to bring my boys with me. This is a huge loss and a very sad day indeed.

TheReckoner

Post by TheReckoner » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:12 pm

Im fairly new to the community here. My first league Scott beat me in the playoffs and I didn't hesitate to remind him when we met this past september in New York. We had a good laugh and as we sat next to each other in the NY auction the go between was comical and enjoyable. He was a true gentlemen in the little time I knew him. My condolences to his family.

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:17 am

I will miss my friend Scotty for all the things already mentioned,as well as his self deprecating sense of humor.These past few years he has worn a shirt with a comic version of his face on it at our drafts.His kids are great and one of them almost won the classic in 2009,finishing 2nd overall by less that 3 points.A true human who I will miss much.
Tom and Greg,please make sure his teams are managed,i bet he has some in contention.

MGB MARTY

Post by MGB MARTY » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:18 am

Horrible news Great guy Very down to earth and not self-absorbed. Still remember when he brought Lexi to the draft and Greg Rosenthal interviewed the 2 of them.
Thoughts and prayers to his family. He will be missed.

Marty

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:58 am

I talked about Scott on our Sirius show last night. Greg and I often refer to our events as family reunions because over the years people have gotten to know one another so well. Scott literally embodied that idea as he would bring Bianca and Lexi to the events. For Scott, the NFFC and NFBC live events in New York were family events. Bianca's now in college and Lexi is in high school and like others have said many of us have seen them grow up in the NFFC and NFBC. It's one of the things about what Greg and I do that I really cherish - the family atmosphere we've been able to create.

Few people embodied that more or better than Scott. "The Practical Guy" will most certainly be missed.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:02 am

Got to speak at length with Scott for the first time this year. Very personable and passionate about not only fantasy football but life in general. I feel fortunate to finally have gotten to put a name to the face this year but sad that I won't be able to continue our conversations going forward. My thoughts and prayers to his family and all that considered him a friend.

Scott
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:50 pm

For anyone who might be interested, I received this information from Tom Yates for arrangements for Scott:

Hello all,

The following are the arrangements for Scott.

Visitation, Friday, November 6, 7:00-9:00 p.m.
T.J. Murphy Funeral Home
616 Ridge Road, Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852
http://www.mjmurphyfuneralhome.com
(An obituary will be posted by Friday morning.)

Services, Saturday, November 7, 10:00 a.m.
Cor Unum
Stuart Country Day School of the Sacred Heart,
1200 Stuart Rd, Princeton, NJ 08540
Repast following services, Main Hall
http://www.stuartschool.org

Private burial at Hillside Cemetery on Monday, November 9.

You probably know that Scott was a major contributor to and supporter of charities. If you would like to make a donation in his memory, Beth suggested the following:

Boys & Girls Clubs of America: http://www.bgca.org/Pages/index.aspx
St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital: https://www.stjude.org
Day by Day Hope Foundation (Assisting Families Battling Cancer), dbdhf.org