So What Do You Need On Monday Night?

Tom Kessenich

Re: So What Do You Need On Monday Night?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:33 pm

I think it would've been an easy TD for Amendola. He had smooth sailing in front of him.

Regardless of what might've happened the whistle should never have happened. That's inexcusable in a professional football game.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:39 pm

i would have been happy if he ran 4 yards and got tackled. Losing by 0.3 sucks.

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:05 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:I think it would've been an easy TD for Amendola. He had smooth sailing in front of him.

Regardless of what might've happened the whistle should never have happened. That's inexcusable in a professional football game.
Hard to tell. Replays show that Darby clearly gave up on the play when the ball was in mid-air when the whistle blew. I think he would have been going full speed at Amendola and would have caught Amendola from the side before Amendola had any chance to accelerate up field at all (especially because Darby would have had all his momentum while Amendola briefly stopped to complete the catch). No real rooting interest personally, just a differing opinion.

Or perhaps I'm just a jaded Julian Edelman owner wondering about all the catches that could have been.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:25 pm

76erfan wrote:i would have been happy if he ran 4 yards and got tackled. Losing by 0.3 sucks.
Zero sum game, Andy. Play long enough, and the luck factor evens out.

This was a big H2H matchup in our league. Had you won, you would have pretty much locked up the H2H title. Probably adds to the sting a bit.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:55 pm

yeah Glenn...well aware of the implications of the lack of win...still have points lead....but now need to win last two to ensure h2h record(have martino week 13 to play)

you and I both struggled to 110 score.....we both deserved to lose I guess. If I played famous Jameis..last night wouldn't have mattered.

In truth...this team was great at beginning of season but lost luck for a few more weeks.....Charles and keenan allen for the year.

I don't think it can do any damage in the overall playoffs so trying to at least win the league prize money after week 13...longer it goes..worse my chances are.

last night stung...and worked out great for you...but gotta move on to week 12 right?
Last edited by 76erfan on Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:57 pm

chriseibl wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:I think it would've been an easy TD for Amendola. He had smooth sailing in front of him.

Hard to tell. Replays show that Darby clearly gave up on the play when the ball was in mid-air when the whistle blew. I think he would have been going full speed at Amendola and would have caught Amendola from the side before Amendola had any chance to accelerate up field at all (especially because Darby would have had all his momentum while Amendola briefly stopped to complete the catch). No real rooting interest personally, just a differing opinion.

Or perhaps I'm just a jaded Julian Edelman owner wondering about all the catches that could have been.
I will acknowledge I had Brady and Amendola in a lot of season-long leagues and DFS lineups so I had a vested interest. I also was starting Sammy Watkins in some places and I have no idea how his second-to-last catch where he clearly landed out of bounds was overturned and called a catch. So I'd like to think I can be an impartial judge of what I'm watching regardless of my personal fantasy implications. :)

I do agree there's no way to know for sure how that play would've ended. I think we can agree that if the tackle isn't made Amendola's gonna be running for awhile because the only Bills' defender was way downfield (I think around the 10 or so) and a New England receiver was there with him as a potential blocker.

But regardless of what might've happened, the fact the whistle was blown at all is an embarrassment for the league. That's the kind of mistake you expect in a high school game, not the NFL.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:22 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
chriseibl wrote:

I will acknowledge I had Brady and Amendola in a lot of season-long leagues and DFS lineups so I had a vested interest. I also was starting Sammy Watkins in some places and I have no idea how his second-to-last catch where he clearly landed out of bounds was overturned and called a catch. So I'd like to think I can be an impartial judge of what I'm watching regardless of my personal fantasy implications. :)

I do agree there's no way to know for sure how that play would've ended. I think we can agree that if the tackle isn't made Amendola's gonna be running for awhile because the only Bills' defender was way downfield (I think around the 10 or so) and a New England receiver was there with him as a potential blocker.

But regardless of what might've happened, the fact the whistle was blown at all is an embarrassment for the league. That's the kind of mistake you expect in a high school game, not the NFL.
Yep, the far bigger point is that fans shouldn't have to guess what would have happened in that situation had a whistle not been blown.