T.Brady dun for_YEAR?!!?!!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:52 pm

I don't have brady on any teams and would never draft a qb in the first round.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:49 pm

Originally posted by renman:
Obviously anyone can blow an ACL at any position so I am not sure why drafting a QB in the first round is a bad move due to this. Though I personally never take a QB early and even passed on Brady in the second round (for my own reasons) in one event, I still would not question the logic by some to take him. I don't have him on any team but really feel bad for those who do. Now it is up to those teams to dig in and try to manage their team out of this unfortunate hole/break.

I bet a team that drafted Brady will still find its way into the NFFC post season. this is the problem taking a QB in round 1 .. with a running back, most starters have a handcuff that if you plug in will produce fairly well...

with a qb, the backups are a huge drop off in production so it's very hard to handcuff a first round starter.. That to me is the only downfall..

draft a qb in later round, well, it doesn't hurt as much.. if you take brady in 1st, you have to really wait a while to take your backup.. or you risk the rest of your draft.. take a qb late, and your draft is already filled once you grab the backup..

not sure if im getting across what i mean... however having brady is not a bad move, really just unfortunate luck.. sucks.(and no i dont have him.. i did in the main event though take Romo in 2nd..)..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:10 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
never take a QB early. never. Yep, and hindsight is always 20/20...

What's early? How about rd 2 or 3? Are Romo and Brees bad picks in those rounds? Would it have been a mistake last year for an owner to take Brady in rd 3? Or even rd 1 or 2? I don't think so.
I understand why you wouldn't take a qb early (I usually don't either). But it can be done and it can work.

urmomz

Post by urmomz » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:17 pm

im a Brady owner in the NBC event...along with Warner & Rivers...any thoughts?!?!
:rolleyes:
"Bumble Bee Tuna." - Ace Ventura

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:38 am

Originally posted by Gordon:
never take a QB early. never. Ding Ding Ding!
We have a winner.
5:16 and someone turns terrible news to any true NFL fan into "i no everything. always."

very sad.

Yoda's S*x Slave

Post by Yoda's S*x Slave » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:50 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
I don't have brady on any teams and would never draft a qb in the first round. best are you!

most humble too

hang with go getta do you
all knowing are you two
HE LIKES TO USE THE FORCE

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:58 am

Originally posted by Yoda's S*x Slave:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
I don't have brady on any teams and would never draft a qb in the first round. best are you!

most humble too

hang with go getta do you
all knowing are you two
[/QUOTE]Go crawl back in your swamp and eat a womprat or something. Stars Wars geek. Like I said post your team so we can see if you used the Force or not when you drafted. What league are you in?? What is your team name??
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:18 am

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon:
never take a QB early. never. Ding Ding Ding!
We have a winner.
5:16 and someone turns terrible news to any true NFL fan into "i no everything. always."

very sad.
[/QUOTE]i wish i knew everything.

what is very sad is that you like to follow me around.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?