Week 1 Postseason Contest Ownership

Tom Kessenich

Week 1 Postseason Contest Ownership

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:42 am

Here's a look at some of the top ownership percentages in our postseason contest last week:

Quarterbacks
Tom Brady - 45.37%
Cam Newton - 39.85%
Russell Wilson - 34.52%
Carson Palmer - 23.85%
Ben Roethlisberger - 21.42%

Running Backs
Adrian Peterson - 75.58%
Eddie Lacy - 52.67%
Jeremy Hill - 26.85%
Christine Michael - 7.2%
Spencer Ware - 7.02%

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends
Antonio Brown - 72.12%
DeAndre Hopkins - 62.58%
A.J. Green - 54.07%
Jordan Reed - 52.95%
Doug Baldwin - 20.77%

Kickers
Mason Crosby - 19.83%
Blair Walsh - 13.66%
Nick Novak - 11.79%
Cairo Santos - 11.23%
Steven Hauschka - 6.17%

Defense
Seattle - 24.04%
Kansas City - 20.21%
Houston - 17.12%
Denver - 9.54%
Carolina - 8.04%
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Rog

Re: Week 1 Postseason Contest Ownership

Post by Rog » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:44 pm

I am having a hard time finding all the player percentages from week 1

Frozen Tundra

Post by Frozen Tundra » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:45 pm

Tom,
Why don't you guys remove the limits on player picks from one team? I don't understand why we have to pick max one, two, three, and four players per team in each of the playoff rounds. There is no way to make up ground in the later rounds doing it this way. I would have to pass next year in this contest if this rule doesn't change.
Thanks,

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:32 am

Frozen Tundra wrote:Tom,
Why don't you guys remove the limits on player picks from one team? I don't understand why we have to pick max one, two, three, and four players per team in each of the playoff rounds. There is no way to make up ground in the later rounds doing it this way. I would have to pass next year in this contest if this rule doesn't change.
Thanks,
You don't have to pick a player from each team now. You only need to do that the first week. The only limit is the number of players you can have per team. This week it was two. Next week it will be three and in the Super Bowl it will be four.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:53 am

I love the postseason contest. The only request I would ask for is a separate contest with players only able to submit one team. The bad thing is I realize this wouldn't work because the whore-mongers would submit teams under different alias' and still have multiple teams. So-be-it, I still love the event.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Frozen Tundra

Post by Frozen Tundra » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:13 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Frozen Tundra wrote:Tom,
Thanks,
You don't have to pick a player from each team now. You only need to do that the first week. The only limit is the number of players you can have per team. This week it was two. Next week it will be three and in the Super Bowl it will be four.

Tom,
This is exactly my point. Why have a limit on number of players per team? I don't understand the need to have that restriction.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:20 pm

I have to question that idea based on how much easier it would be to have a full team of 4x players. If a person that has five or six teams used either the pats or panthers as there base team , you could very easy have all 4x players.. I think you also would have multiple teams with the same players based on over 1,000 teams maybe just add a flex that can be a rb , wr , or te that can be used as a third player if wanted. Maybe that would shake things up.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:45 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:I have to question that idea based on how much easier it would be to have a full team of 4x players. If a person that has five or six teams used either the pats or panthers as there base team , you could very easy have all 4x players.. I think you also would have multiple teams with the same players based on over 1,000 teams maybe just add a flex that can be a rb , wr , or te that can be used as a third player if wanted. Maybe that would shake things up.
Exactly. Great point. There would be too many teams with the same players. Even though my playoff teams were awful this year, I love the format and wouldn't change anything. It is a great combination of predicting players perfomance and predicting who is going to win.

Frozen Tundra

Post by Frozen Tundra » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:50 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:I have to question that idea based on how much easier it would be to have a full team of 4x players. If a person that has five or six teams used either the pats or panthers as there base team , you could very easy have all 4x players.. I think you also would have multiple teams with the same players based on over 1,000 teams maybe just add a flex that can be a rb , wr , or te that can be used as a third player if wanted. Maybe that would shake things up.
How many times have you seen teams you thought would reach and win the SB actually do that? How many times in the recent years a fifth or sixth seed has won the sb?
Consider this then.
Right now, the teams that are trailing by a lot are pretty much out of it. Outside of top 100, the others are already done. I am trailing by a large margin. I want to stack my team with one particular playoff team as a strategy to remain competitive. With the multipliers, I maybe can if that prediction materializes. Right now however, my maximum leverage is three players. It's impossible to achieve any sort of advantage with this kind of leverage.
So this contest boils down to: if you can't hit all the right players in the first two weeks, don't bother playing anymore. I like to play for four weeks, not for two. That's why I hate Survivor contests. They don't last the whole length of the season.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:03 pm

Hey, I have a lot of teams above me also. I accept the fact that I did not do well the first two weeks and let it go. What makes you think that the bottom 600 teams would not load up with the same players you would load up with. Also, if I had a team that was in the top 50 I might load up with Patriots on one team and all Panthers on another. So you would still not be able to catch up. If you were allowed from the beginning to take as you wanted, I would play 8 or 10 teams with a hell of a chance to win the 70000. I think flex would be fun that you can use as a third person on a team.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN