Fun Draft Day Facts

David U. Kennedy

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by David U. Kennedy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:39 am

that is a bad decision wouldnt play in a league as cut throat as that. That is why Im all NFFC baby lets get it on. Time for some football!!!

mkrucek

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by mkrucek » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:57 am

Originally posted by wahoo:
that is a bad decision wouldnt play in a league as cut throat as that. That is why Im all NFFC baby lets get it on. Time for some football!!! Cutthroat? Re you kidding me? I wouldn't play in a league for that kind of money if they would have let the guy get the right Smith. First of all, he didn't know what he was doing if he couldn't see his mistake to start with. Then it wasn't even him that caught it. Lastly, the Jungle people went out of their way and gave him another team in a satellite FOR FREE!

As to the nffc, I don't think they allow you do-overs if you make the wrong pick. So I don't know what you're talking about.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Raiders

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by Raiders » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:58 am

Can we get back to the topic?
Selvin Young went in round 10 in a couple of Leagues I saw. Did He go higher?
I guess picking him in round 26 of my DC League wasn't a bad pick, or was it? ;)
Too bad the news came out before Saturday.
He was one of my sleepers. Now Glenn(KOQ) that would be a sleeper correct? :D

[ September 05, 2007, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

jdobies64

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by jdobies64 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:58 am

David, dont sweat it. I for one am a lifetime NFFC/NFBC player and thats where ill stay. That being said, you totally made up for the snafu with a free entry fee. If anything, the owner could cash twice (not likely) and should definitely feel whole.

King of Queens

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by King of Queens » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:09 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
He was one of my sleepers. Now Glenn(KOQ) that would be a sleeper correct? :D Indeed. A real sleeper.

Route Collectors

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:16 am

Hey David...I've never played in your event but know people who have. I've always heard good things about your contest and the way it's run.
What a tough position to be in. I think you went above and beyond the call of duty here.

Giving the guy a free entry is waaaaaaay more than the he deserved IMO.

I'll turn this into a draft day story to stay in the spirit of the thread. I was in the NFFC main and auction events in Chicago last weekend. I don't participate in the DC so decided to moderate this year for the 1st time.

Anyway...the 5th owner picking says he'll take Stephen Alexander :eek:

13 other owners are looking at me wondering what I'm going to do. In fairness to everyone I can't go over and slap the guy on the back and say "don't you mean Shaun Alexander" so I wait a few seconds and thankfully for everyone he realizes his error and says I mean Shaun.

I think all the blank stares from around the room helped snap him out of it lol.

At another point in the draft a guy states "I'll take any kicker that's left on the board". I tell the guy I can't help him draft and he has to give me a name at which time he goes up and looks at the remaining stickers and asks for Janikowski.

The same guy also took Vanderjagt LMAO!

One thing I realized that day about moderating...there are some really unprepared owners throwing away $$$...but it's not my job to save them from their own ignorance....only to remain fair and impartial to everyone.

IMO you made the only decision the unaware owner left you to make. I stand with you on this one.

[ September 05, 2007, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: Route C ]

Route Collectors

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:24 am

The league next to me (Chicago 6)....B.Engram 7th round. :eek:

Maybe the guy had the wrong Seattle WR and meant to say D.J.Hackett. Greg....give this man a free entry. :D

King of Queens

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by King of Queens » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:26 am

On a related note, has there ever been a year with so many identical names? You've got:

(1) Adrian Peterson, MIN and Adrian Peterson, CHI

(2) Steve Smith, CAR and Steve Smith, NYG

(3) Chris Brown, TEN and Kris Brown, HOU

I believe we also broke the record for Most RB/WR With The Last Name Jones:

(1) Brandon Jones
(2) Greg Jones
(3) Jacoby Jones
(4) James Jones
(5) Julius Jones
(6) Kevin Jones
(7) Matt Jones
(8) Thomas Jones
Honorable mention: Maurice Jones-Drew

sportsbettingman

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:45 am

I guess using his REAL name could help with any legal problem...

Stevonne L. Smith CAR WR :D

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:49 am

I blame ESPN's new wave (Not new anymore) of me-first reporters who will do anything to shorten a players family name so they can get to their lame jokes and wisecracks faster.

I-Rod, K-Rod, etc...pathetic.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver