Fun Draft Day Facts

Nutty Scrat

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by Nutty Scrat » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:51 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
What a HORRIBLE decision to not allow a reversal of Steve Smith CAR for NYG...horrible and not in the spirit of the game.

~Lance Lance I'm with you on this one. The fellow owners should have piped in to over turn the commish's decision. Very poor league management, in my opinion.
Ed

KOTRAX

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:04 am

Originally posted by Nutty Scrat:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
What a HORRIBLE decision to not allow a reversal of Steve Smith CAR for NYG...horrible and not in the spirit of the game.

~Lance Lance I'm with you on this one. The fellow owners should have piped in to over turn the commish's decision. Very poor league management, in my opinion.
[/QUOTE]WELL THEY DID AT LEAST GIVE THE GUY A FREE ENTRY INTO ANOTHER LEAGUE WHICH WAS FAIR. NOW IF THEY MADE HIM KEEP STEVE SMITH OF THE GIANTS AND SAID TOUGH LUCK THEN I WOULD BE UPSET WITH THAT DECISION. ULTIMATELY I THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE GAVE HIM CAROLINA'S STEVE SMITH AND KEPT THEIE FREE ENTER AND JUST CARRIED ON WITH THE DRAFT. THE OTHER GUYS IN THAT CLEARLY KNOW THAT STEVE SMITH OF NYG WAS NOT MEANT TO BE DRAFTED THERE AND IF THEY WOULD BE THAT CUT THROAT THAT MEANS THEY MUST NOT BE VERY GOOD PLAYERS BECAUSE THEY WOULD NEED EVERY ADVANTAGE TO WIN.

Quahogs

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by Quahogs » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:08 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
On a related note, has there ever been a year with so many identical names? You've got:

(1) Adrian Peterson, MIN and Adrian Peterson, CHI

(2) Steve Smith, CAR and Steve Smith, NYG

(3) Chris Brown, TEN and Kris Brown, HOU

I believe we also broke the record for Most RB/WR With The Last Name Jones:

(1) Brandon Jones
(2) Greg Jones
(3) Jacoby Jones
(4) James Jones
(5) Julius Jones
(6) Kevin Jones
(7) Matt Jones
(8) Thomas Jones
Honorable mention: Maurice Jones-Drew In the 7th rd I called out CHAD Curtis. Got the 5'11'ish fast white guys right but the wrong sport
:D

bald is beautiful

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:25 am

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Okay, Tom and I have a few minutes to look at this year's draft results, so I'll throw out some fun facts from Draft Day. Enjoy:

1) LaDainian Tomlinson and Steven Jackson went 1-2 in all 26 main event leagues. They also went 1-2 in every Draft Champions League and the Ultimate League.
Wow, so I guess I'm a little LUCKY getting Steven Jackson at # 3 in an online league yesterday?

Maybe I'm even MORE lucky landing Steve Smith at 2.10... Hope I didn't screw it up...
[/QUOTE]Holy Moly, Scott.

mkrucek

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by mkrucek » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:28 am

Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Team Legacy:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Okay, Tom and I have a few minutes to look at this year's draft results, so I'll throw out some fun facts from Draft Day. Enjoy:

1) LaDainian Tomlinson and Steven Jackson went 1-2 in all 26 main event leagues. They also went 1-2 in every Draft Champions League and the Ultimate League.
Wow, so I guess I'm a little LUCKY getting Steven Jackson at # 3 in an online league yesterday?

Maybe I'm even MORE lucky landing Steve Smith at 2.10... Hope I didn't screw it up...
[/QUOTE]Holy Moly, Scott.
[/QUOTE]Only if you took the Giants Steve Smith.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

nostradamross

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by nostradamross » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:48 am

good move fantasy jungle. think a pick is a pick when its for that kind of money. giving the player another team was a great remedy. there was a little drama at vegas league 3's draft that i will go into when i get home. i think we need a rule implemented.

King of Queens

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by King of Queens » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:30 am

Originally posted by nostradamross:
there was a little drama at vegas league 3's draft that i will go into when i get home. i think we need a rule implemented. Were Childs and Zola picking MLB players in their football drafts again? :rolleyes:

Dyv

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by Dyv » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:31 am

Holy thread hi-jacks...

Hey Greg, delete this thread and start over
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

boutrous11

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:16 am

if i was monderating that league where Steven Alexander was called out, I'd say, hang on, I'm getting on the phone w/ Greg/Tom to get an official ruling....

King of Queens

Fun Draft Day Facts

Post by King of Queens » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:21 am

If you call out Chex Mix instead of Anthony Mix, are the facilitators supposed to ask if you want Traditional, Cheddar or Hot n' Spicy?