FSTA Experts Draft Monday Night - Greg & Tom 2nd Pick

Tom Kessenich

FSTA Experts Draft Monday Night - Greg & Tom 2nd Pick

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:44 am

Greg and I have the 2nd pick in the FSTA Draft on Monday night. The draft will be broadcast live on Sirius from 7 pm ET to 10 pm ET so you can listen in. Greg will post the link so you can also track the draft online when that is available as well. Below is the draft order. Greg and I have already gone over our plan but let us know what you think we should do. Who should we take with the 2nd pick? Let us know and maybe you can prevent us from making a first-round mistake like we made last year -- ::coughEddieLacycough::

1 - Mike Clay, ESPN

2 - Greg Ambrosius/Tom Kessenich, Stats Inc., NFFC

3 - Brett Baker/Ty Ward, Big Game Software

4 - Chris Liss, Rotowire

5 - Steve Gardner, USA TODAY Sports Weekly

6 - Charlie Wiegert, CDM Sports

7 - Nando DiFino, FNTSY

8 - Rick Wolf/Glenn Colton/Stacie Stern, Colton & The Wolfman

9 - Ray Flowers, SiriusXM Fantasy Drive

10 - Jeff Mans & Ted Schuster, Fantasy Alarm

11 - Cory Bonini/Ryan Bonini, USA Today Sports

12 - John Hansen, SiriusXM Fantasy Football

13 - Anthony Perri, Fantistics

14 - Mike Dempsey/Bob Harris, Football Die Hards (Defending Champion)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Re: FSTA Experts Draft Monday Night - Greg & Tom 2nd Pick

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:50 am

Last year before the FSTA draft I bumped into Chris Vaccaro at the Crowne Plaza and we had a fun chat. He told me to take Julio Jones at 4 and I told him we were set on Eddie Lacy. He told me not to do it, but of course I didn't listen to the NFFC Hall of Famer. :lol:

Lacy was a killer for our team, but Tom and I made it to the semi-finals before losing to Colton & The Wolfman. We rode Tom Brady and Julian Edelman most of the season, but Julio would have taken us over the top. Chris helped Nando di Fino with his draft in the other room and of course helped Nando win the "B" league. Now they are joining our league and I'll have to draft against Chris tonight. Don't kid yourself Nando, Chris is running this draft!! :lol:

We'll take Julio a year late and be happy with the pick. We could go ODB if you talk us out of it, so give it a try. After that the 2-3 turn in a 14-team straight serpentine draft looks interesting. I think there will be good WR-RB options there. With this group, we may need to grab 1 RB rather than start WR-WR-WR. QBs have limited value in this scoring format, so we're waiting there.

Listen in tonight and look for the draft board link once I get it. Thanks all and enjoy.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:12 am

PPR? You guys prepared to be staring at Eddie Lacy in rounds 2/3 on your turn this year? Haha

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:16 am

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:PPR? You guys prepared to be staring at Eddie Lacy in rounds 2/3 on your turn this year? Haha
He looks skinny as we stare at him!! :lol: Could be a bargain. We'll see.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:24 am

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:PPR? You guys prepared to be staring at Eddie Lacy in rounds 2/3 on your turn this year? Haha
14-team league with a bunch of people who will be loading up on RBs in the first two rounds. That could force us to take somebody at RB earlier than we would prefer to ordinarily. In a 12-team league you can definitely wait on RBs early and then begin loading up later. I think that's a more difficult strategy in a 14-teamer. The talent pool pretty much evaporates at the position quickly, especially if you're with a group that attacks the position as hungrily as this group will tonight.

These guys are really old school. The Colton and the Wolfman team will likely draft RBs with their first 3 picks so right there we know there will be three RBs gone early just with one team. I'm not saying we're gonna take a crap RB over a great WR just to get one but we don't wanna get caught short at the position either.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:19 am

Whatever you guys have to tell yourself to draft Lacy hahaha!!! I know you're gonna have one Packer for sure, the question is who? Looking forward to the results of a 14 teamer! GL!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:23 am

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:Whatever you guys have to tell yourself to draft Lacy hahaha!!! I know you're gonna have one Packer for sure, the question is who? Looking forward to the results of a 14 teamer! GL!
You make it sound like drafting a player on one of the best teams in the league is a bad thing. I don't know about you but I tend to like drafting players on offenses that generally are expected to put up a lot of points every season. :)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:53 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
14-team league with a bunch of people who will be loading up on RBs in the first two rounds. That could force us to take somebody at RB earlier than we would prefer to ordinarily. In a 12-team league you can definitely wait on RBs early and then begin loading up later. I think that's a more difficult strategy in a 14-teamer. The talent pool pretty much evaporates at the position quickly, especially if you're with a group that attacks the position as hungrily as this group will tonight.

These guys are really old school. The Colton and the Wolfman team will likely draft RBs with their first 3 picks so right there we know there will be three RBs gone early just with one team. I'm not saying we're gonna take a crap RB over a great WR just to get one but we don't wanna get caught short at the position either.

Tom repeat after me...... I will not be forced into taking a RB early. I will not be forced into taking a RB early. I will not be forced into taking a RB early. I will not be forced into taking a RB early. I am a confident, handsome man and I will do what I please ;)
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:00 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:

Tom repeat after me...... I will not be forced into taking a RB early. I will not be forced into taking a RB early. I will not be forced into taking a RB early. I will not be forced into taking a RB early. I am a confident, handsome man and I will do what I please ;)
Nelson, I won't take a crappy RB we don't want. However, if there's a RB we like we will take one. Contrary to popular opinion there are some RBs worthy of being taken in the early rounds this year. It's no true. No really it is. Honest. :)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:00 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Last year before the FSTA draft I bumped into Chris Vaccaro at the Crowne Plaza and we had a fun chat. He told me to take Julio Jones at 4 and I told him we were set on Eddie Lacy. He told me not to do it, but of course I didn't listen to the NFFC Hall of Famer. :lol:

Lacy was a killer for our team, but Tom and I made it to the semi-finals before losing to Colton & The Wolfman. We rode Tom Brady and Julian Edelman most of the season, but Julio would have taken us over the top. Chris helped Nando di Fino with his draft in the other room and of course helped Nando win the "B" league. Now they are joining our league and I'll have to draft against Chris tonight. Don't kid yourself Nando, Chris is running this draft!! :lol:

We'll take Julio a year late and be happy with the pick. We could go ODB if you talk us out of it, so give it a try. After that the 2-3 turn in a 14-team straight serpentine draft looks interesting. I think there will be good WR-RB options there. With this group, we may need to grab 1 RB rather than start WR-WR-WR. QBs have limited value in this scoring format, so we're waiting there.

Listen in tonight and look for the draft board link once I get it. Thanks all and enjoy.

Greg - You're splitting hairs with Julio and OBJ. Take the guy you like, but do not pass on top WRs at the 2/3 turn just because these baseball guys take 24 RBs in the first 26 picks. Please take the words (Need, Have to, Forced, Bullied) out of your vocabulary for tonight :)
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.